Interview with York CEO in York Press

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Nimrod
Team Supported: Darlington

Interview with York CEO in York Press

Post by Nimrod » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:37 am

"City will need to agree a compensation package, though, with Darlington following Gray’s switch to North Yorkshire, with McNamara revealing: “I have spoken to their chief executive David Johnson and we will be sorting some things out. They are really disappointed to lose Martin, which is a really good sign for us.”

Story only just posted. This suggests that talks may still be ongoing?

Spyman

Re: Interview with York CEO in York Press

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:38 am

Nimrod wrote:"City will need to agree a compensation package, though, with Darlington following Gray’s switch to North Yorkshire, with McNamara revealing: “I have spoken to their chief executive David Johnson and we will be sorting some things out. They are really disappointed to lose Martin, which is a really good sign for us.”

Who are 'they'?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:39 am

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:49 am

I think the "things" have now been sorted.... i.e. the fantastically generous match against the big boys, who are currently one point above us in the National North.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:57 am

Nimrod wrote:"City will need to agree a compensation package, though, with Darlington following Gray’s switch to North Yorkshire, with McNamara revealing: “I have spoken to their chief executive David Johnson and we will be sorting some things out. They are really disappointed to lose Martin, which is a really good sign for us.”

McNamara talked to the press yesterday after Gray did, so I guess this will just be today's write up of that press conference.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:58 am

The interview is from a BBC York interview from yesterday, October 2nd. It's here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05hvplt

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:00 am

They can shove their friendly. Trying to save face by backtracking to make it look above board. It's clear as day they tapped him up, in part because Martin Gray is a crap liar in that interview.

Unless it's a proper financial offer, i hope the club report them to the FA. We don't get the money, they'd be fined for it i would think, but i don't care at this point. Take a chunk out of Martins precious budget.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:41 am

Good to hear Dave Penney's still banging on about "high tempo".
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:08 pm

I couldn't see any reference to a friendly v York....why would anyone want to shell out to watch that under the circumstances?

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Everyone seems to have a lot of belief in the FA. Misplaced in my opinion. On past performance they would probably fine us for bringing a spurious claim!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Not everyone - some of us can remember it is thanks to the FA we got booted out the League in the first place. Would love the FA to actually step in to investigate, then come out in our favour
but in reality there is more chance of Lord Lucan turning up riding Shergar as mascot at BM next Saturday.....

eddierowlesbeardd

Post by eddierowlesbeardd » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:38 am

York City often offer friendlies as a way of paying for players too - remember this?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9 ... n/?ref=arc

Like most others, I'd rather the friendly was ignored and we simply gave the entrance money direct to DFC.

Not that I would have gone, York is only good for a day out drinking...