Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:15 am View unanswered posts | View active topics

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:58 am 

Team Supported: Darlington
York city supporters trust chairman John Lacey expresses concern at rising expenditure.
In 2016 the total money that had been pumped in by Jason McGill to cover losses during his ten year tenure amounted to 3.6 m he is entitled to 4.7m back after the sale of Bootham crescent following the sale to Persimmon homes.
Looks like he's having one last go to sell can see this all ending down the Swanny .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:58 pm 

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/ ... ters-trust
This is worth a read........ouch someone is feeling sensitive! Now if only we could get MG along to the next Supporters Trust meeting? Fire up the Quattro!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 pm 

Trouble at mill! Pleasing to see some disruption at their end after all we've been put through this week. Supporters don't half suffer don't we? And we can't just walk away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:48 pm 

roadrunner wrote:
York city supporters trust chairman John Lacey expresses concern at rising expenditure.
In 2016 the total money that had been pumped in by Jason McGill to cover losses during his ten year tenure amounted to 3.6 m he is entitled to 4.7m back after the sale of Bootham crescent following the sale to Persimmon homes.
Looks like he's having one last go to sell can see this all ending down the Swanny .

For someone who always claims to be ahead, you re a long way behind.... NUGGET

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:48 am 

Looking at the JM Packaging Group accounts, they are owed £4,750,000 by York City FC (£4,000,000 a year earlier). The JM accounts state that the sale of Bootham Crescent, following their successful residential planning application, should cover this debt. However, the ongoing losses means that JM are becoming exposed. So the longer the new stadium is delayed the more sensitive this situation will become. For some reason people seem to think that the Club will be more sustainable when it moves to a venue 2 miles from the City Centre which it doesn't own. Good luck Mr. Gray.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:11 am 

The reality of having an investor on board...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 am 

wizardofos wrote:
For some reason people seem to think that the Club will be more sustainable when it moves to a venue 2 miles from the City Centre which it doesn't own.

Good point. It will be like The Arena 'take two' :thumbdown:

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:38 am 

wizardofos wrote:
Looking at the JM Packaging Group accounts, they are owed £4,750,000 by York City FC (£4,000,000 a year earlier). The JM accounts state that the sale of Bootham Crescent, following their successful residential planning application, should cover this debt. However, the ongoing losses means that JM are becoming exposed. So the longer the new stadium is delayed the more sensitive this situation will become. For some reason people seem to think that the Club will be more sustainable when it moves to a venue 2 miles from the City Centre which it doesn't own. Good luck Mr. Gray.
He will get his money back when they move which work is due to start next month

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:42 am 

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
wizardofos wrote:

Even if it does all happen they've now lost a ground that they owned and what have they got to show for £4m of investment? A team in the National North a point above us.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:45 am 

HarrytheQuaker wrote:

A while back there were some of those rare Newt/Frog things that stopped work completely. I wonder ........

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:44 am 

Not caring too much about goes on between York City and their fans beyond a slight hope that MG gets a comeuppance by his lust for glory. But a question raised by York's intention to cover the debt of 4M plus is to sell their current ground and move to the sticks. But what happens then? Surely they will continue to spend money on being full time and high wages. So won't this just dig them into another load of debts that they will have no large assets to cover. If it is MG belief that he will be able to spend money like water in chasing another set of impressive promotions I would be seriously concerned over where this is heading if I were a York City supporter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:23 am 

Undercovered wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
wizardofos wrote:

Even if it does all happen they've now lost a ground that they owned and what have they got to show for £4m of investment? A team in the National North a point above us.

Exactly. Yet more proof that you need careful financial management as it doesn't matter how much you spend you may always sign lame players and never get where you want, despite the huge financial outlay. A word of warning for anybody wanting money to be invested. Results are not guaranteed.