Ferguson & Beck: YC 60K

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tezza
Team Supported: Darlington

Ferguson & Beck: YC 60K

Post by tezza » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Signed this afternoon. Bartlett possibly next ?

Craig09

Re: Ferguson & Beck: YC 60K

Post by Craig09 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Ive heard bartlett and gillies turned martin down

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:02 pm

Martin said he wouldn't rape and pillage Darlo yet he goes after a chunk of our first team. Thanks Martin, you prick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:05 pm

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Martin said he wouldn't rape and pillage Darlo yet he goes after a chunk of our first team. Thanks Martin, you prick

Also heard Tom Portas turned him down aswell

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:07 pm

We simply must use a chunk to get the roof paid for. 40k would then leave 20k to plug any budget shortfall. The quicker we get the extra seats, the more chance it gives to increase crowds. Speculate to accumulate.
BTW trying to take at least 5 players to York is a disgrace.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:08 pm

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Martin said he wouldn't rape and pillage Darlo yet he goes after a chunk of our first team. Thanks Martin, you prick

What goes around comes around

bga

Post by bga » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Please take Caton!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Gray lies through his back teeth, no conscience whatsoever, my god how his crown has slipped with the Darlo fans.Nothing, and I mean nothing will get in the way of this man's ambitions to the point of approaching god knows how many of our squad.£42k given for his budget to put some sort of smile on his miserable moaning face yet all along could not give a stuff for this club.Pray to god they miss out this season and it all falls apart.Good riddance Gray you have really shown your true colours.Come on Salford and Harrogate.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Where does it say this??

offside

Post by offside » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Been saying all this about martin gray since the start of last year and i was shot down on here... You should of all seen what he was wanting to do and it was all for himself but oh no.. It was we love the martin gray s***!!!! And some of you lot are gonna sing for martin gray at games then u need yer head looking at

Well done martin gray for screwing us over

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:31 pm

bga wrote:Please take Caton!
Don't see the point of this. We will be relying on the players that stay with us to keep us in the division.

offside

Post by offside » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:31 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Gray lies through his back teeth, no conscience whatsoever, my god how his crown has slipped with the Darlo fans.Nothing, and I mean nothing will get in the way of this man's ambitions to the point of approaching god knows how many of our squad.£42k given for his budget to put some sort of smile on his miserable moaning face yet all along could not give a stuff for this club.Pray to god they miss out this season and it all falls apart.Good riddance Gray you have really shown your true colours.Come on Salford and Harrogate.

Well said mate

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:34 pm

Mind you he is welcome to Beck and although Ferguson is a talented player we have Thommo, Gillies and the lad from Tranmere plus Caton to play wide.£60 k a pretty good deal though with hopefully a sell on clause for Ferguson.

offside

Post by offside » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:43 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Mind you he is welcome to Beck and although Ferguson is a talented player we have Thommo, Gillies and the lad from Tranmere plus Caton to play wide.£60 k a pretty good deal though with hopefully a sell on clause for Ferguson.

Thommo has been awful this season

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:48 pm

offside wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Mind you he is welcome to Beck and although Ferguson is a talented player we have Thommo, Gillies and the lad from Tranmere plus Caton to play wide.£60 k a pretty good deal though with hopefully a sell on clause for Ferguson.

But he's been superb for the last five. Something has gone down this year, i think everyone has a clean slate now.

Let's get that group mentality back, one big unit, then turn this fiasco into a new start.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Heard Bartlett turned them down.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm

offside wrote:

A number of players have been (well) below par this season - will be interesting to see how they react to the events of this week (and its still only Thursday). The very least we should expect is 100% effort and we can take it from there.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Where is this reported ?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:53 pm

What has happened to our new signing this week has he also gone to York?

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:53 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Gray lies through his back teeth, no conscience whatsoever, my god how his crown has slipped with the Darlo fans.Nothing, and I mean nothing will get in the way of this man's ambitions to the point of approaching god knows how many of our squad.£42k given for his budget to put some sort of smile on his miserable moaning face yet all along could not give a stuff for this club.Pray to god they miss out this season and it all falls apart.Good riddance Gray you have really shown your true colours.Come on Salford and Harrogate.

As the DFCSG put it Martins ruthless ambition got us 3 promotions and we didn’t bat an eye lid. A divorce is always bitter and has recriminations this feels like a divorce but let the dust settle and let’s appreciate what he has done the hours he has put in over the years and all move on. We are in a fantastic position and yes we don’t have the deep pockets of many so let’s get behind Gary, Phil and the team and show them we are DFC.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:55 pm

I'd be reasonably happy if we do end up getting 60k for them both. Hopefully with some hefty sell on clauses in case they do well.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Btw, i think 60k the pair is short of value, but if this is right it does a lot for the club as a whole. We don't often come into that kind of money, we rarely did as a league club. I think we should use it first and foremost to cover the budget shortfall, then the stand. Take some pressure off the fans, give everyone a chance to take a breath and get back to normal football supporting. Imagine a conference north club chucking 60k about on transfers though? Mad.

Can't make this weekend but looking forward to Nuneaton away next week. Full backing for the players at both games, maybe even more for those who have stood by us here.

One more thing - what must Mendes think after wandering into the middle of all this?

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:58 pm

I'd be happy with £60k and would use it for the roof, with any left to plug the gap in playing budget.

I can't see any sell-on clauses being included, as much as I would hope they will be.

offside

Post by offside » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 pm

tdk1 wrote:
offside wrote:

But he's been superb for the last five. Something has gone down this year, i think everyone has a clean slate now.

Let's get that group mentality back, one big unit, then turn this fiasco into a new start.
Superb for the last 5 my arse!!! What games u been watching

offside

Its all been coming but people have had there heads up others arses and couldnt see the real world

offside

Its all been coming but people have had there heads up others arses and couldnt see the real world

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:04 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:

As the DFCSG put it Martins ruthless ambition got us 3 promotions and we didn’t bat an eye lid. A divorce is always bitter and has recriminations this feels like a divorce but let the dust settle and let’s appreciate what he has done the hours he has put in over the years and all move on. We are in a fantastic position and yes we don’t have the deep pockets of many so let’s get behind Gary, Phil and the team and show them we are DFC.
Yes you are right Dave, just the thought of him tapping up so many of our lads(allegedly) really got under my skin.

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:04 pm

offside wrote:
tdk1 wrote:
offside wrote:

That is daft.

We've been superb throughout, and Harrogate away, Whitby away, Team Northumbria, Bamber Bridge, etc, are etched in the memory forever.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:05 pm

offside wrote:
tdk1 wrote:
offside wrote:

The ones where he kept whacking it in the top corner from 30 yards.

offside

Post by offside » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 pm

tdk1 wrote:
offside wrote:
tdk1 wrote:
offside wrote:

The ones where he kept whacking it in the top corner from 30 yards.
Oh yeah forgot about him whacking them into the top corner of the stand because everything has to be hit as hard as he can when in a good position