Ferguson & Beck: YC 60K

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ferguson & Beck: YC 60K

Post by H1987 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:00 am

Ferguson gone, Bartlett staying. Fair enough on the confidentiality, but I'd like the board to commit some of that money to the stand. Hope it's raised in the netcafe. If anything positive comes from all of this, it should be a lessened burden on the fans. It would be great to get the stand ready with the roof from the beginning.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:07 am

I'll be honest the confidentiality makes me think it wasn't a particularly large figure, ultimately we were powerless though if there was a minimum fee clause in his contract. I suspect that without the clause signing Ferguson in the first place would have been difficult.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 am

lo36789 wrote:I'll be honest the confidentiality makes me think it wasn't a particularly large figure, ultimately we were powerless though if there was a minimum fee clause in his contract. I suspect that without the clause signing Ferguson in the first place would have been difficult.
Same here. Keep it quiet to avoid a meltdown :lol:

Every little helps I suppose. I hope any fees received don't just cover overspend, and there's enough to help alleviate some of the burden on fans to build this bloody stand

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:12 am

Gray's selfishness has no limits and he struts around saying stuff like "I'm ambitious" as if that's meant to cover everything!

He's put our team's form into free fall, split the fanbase, lost two of his friends a job, then comes back taking our best players.

He reminds me of this little saying ...

"Be nice to people on your way up - as you'll meet them on your way down"
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:14 am

Probably a wise decision. Yeh I do hope we are not at that place as yet. On basis that we generally run up £50k overspend each season we shouldn't be at a loss just yet.

Until Christmas I thought we tended to live within our Season Ticket revenues. It is after Christmas and during winter postponements that things get a bit more problematic.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:16 am

Thinking about it, surely any fees received will be obvious when the accounts are released? Whenever that may be

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 am

tezza wrote:The reaction to MG presence at last nights training was not in no way well received by all of the players, one in particular complete snub ....well done to that player
More detail please??
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:20 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
tezza wrote:The reaction to MG presence at last nights training was not in no way well received by all of the players, one in particular complete snub ....well done to that player
More detail please??

Why ?

offside

Post by offside » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 am

tezza wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
More detail please??

Why ?
So them people can get the credit they deserve for snubbing him and all darlo fans would applaud that if true

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 am

al_quaker wrote:
Interesting if true. I picked up a few little hints in Turnbulls interview that it wasn't a happy camp under Gray
That much was obvious from the performances on the pitch.
Roll on Saturday, we still have good players who will start to perform again. We are three division higher than when Gray took over, brilliant effort but off the pitch Gray was only interested his own ambition to the detriment of the development of the club.
I feel I can now start investing again in the stand and other ground developments when they come. I stopped after the infamous fans forum and I think others did likewise.
To me it seems like we have got our club back again.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am

al_quaker wrote:Thinking about it, surely any fees received will be obvious when the accounts are released? Whenever that may be
Do the filed accounts have a heading for transfer fees?

IIRC the club are only required to file abbreviated accounts which do not show enough detail to enable this to be determined

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:35 am

Is Beck having a few problems passing his medical ? Well if he fails how will that affect his standing ... not to mention another judgemental failure on MG part. .... just saying

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:40 am

tezza wrote:Is Beck having a few problems passing his medical ? Well if he fails how will that affect his standing ... not to mention another judgemental failure on MG part. .... just saying
I don't think it will affect his standing with Darlington supporters. Not me at least. He's leaving for a full-time contract. He's not slagging the club and the fans off or trying to take his team-mates with him.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Yorkist in Peace
Team Supported: York

Post by Yorkist in Peace » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:47 am

We never disclose our transfer fees. Whether incoming or outgoing. Nobody really knows why, it's just the way the Chairman operates. £60k for the pair probably isn't impossible, we seem to have money in abundance.

York fans remain split on the Darlo/York situation. There's sympathy, but also hard edged determination. We've been shafted soooooo many times, it's awkward for many (like me) and exhilarating for others to be the bully not the bullied.

The only saving grace for us is that, had it not been us that did this to you, it would have been somebody else. I think this situation, sadly for your club, was inevitable.

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:49 am

lo36789 wrote:Tezza is ever so slightly more reliable than roadrunner with rumours. I wouldn't expect the club to be denying transfer rumours which only appear once on here.

It's probably true and if so well good luck to the lads - getting back into FT football. Chances are there were clauses in contracts £30k maybe for a return to FT football. I suppose I hope not as I actually wouldn't mind if we had sell ons on Ferguson.
Thanks for the elevation above the obnoxious Roadrunner. Coming from without doubt the most tedious, and boring post hijacker on this site, master of the if, but, might and maybe phrase, throwing in the odd "I think,possibly and perhaps" I may even take it as a compliment.

Now you can go back and start to try to understand why you are "the Billy no mate" you clearly are. Twerp

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 am

Might just be playing with words, but the York press website article says

'City agreed to pay a release clause in Ferguson's contractin order to secure his signature'

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:13 am

Yorkist in Peace wrote:We never disclose our transfer fees. Whether incoming or outgoing. Nobody really knows why, it's just the way the Chairman operates. £60k for the pair probably isn't impossible, we seem to have money in abundance.

York fans remain split on the Darlo/York situation. There's sympathy, but also hard edged determination. We've been shafted soooooo many times, it's awkward for many (like me) and exhilarating for others to be the bully not the bullied.

The only saving grace for us is that, had it not been us that did this to you, it would have been somebody else. I think this situation, sadly for your club, was inevitable.
To be honest I don't really harbour any ill feeling towards York as a result of this. They've appointed the manager they think is right for them, the way the approach was made feels a bit underhand but the sort of thing that happens all the time.

All my ill feeling is towards Gray - any decent human being would've shown a bit of respect and gratitude to the supporters and players who have played a very large part in giving him the opportunity to get a full-time management job.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:47 am

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Gray, with his usual tact, diplomacy and respect, takes York legend Big Jon Parkin to one side and tells him he could do with shedding a few pounds and is being sidelined.

But to be honest Gray and Penney could be a match made in heaven at York. I found this press report from their time at Oldham when they were both shown the door in 2010.

The report says:

"Penney failed to win over the Latics fans with their attitudes verging from support to apathy and – in the case of some – downright hostility.

"A series of injuries to key players did not help, but Penney did not do himself many favours. Poor signings, a perceived negative style of football and a lack of PR all worked against him.

"March brought the lowest home league crowd in a generation when only 2,833 attended the home defeat against Brentford.

"Arguably, the nadir came when Penney claimed he 'didn’t give a monkeys’ about the fans booing a substitution he made against Walsall."

Over to the dream team....

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:18 pm

tezza wrote:
Craig09 wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:Martin said he wouldn't rape and pillage Darlo yet he goes after a chunk of our first team. Thanks Martin, you prick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also heard Tom Portas turned him down aswell
I do not know if Tom was approached? Given that only last week he and his partner had their first child, a girl congratulations, coupled with the fact he has a secure position as an electrician, furthermore has only recently purchased a house in Stockton, it seems unlikely he would take such a risk. MG is aware of all this and even he with all his gaul would have known the outcome.
anyone know if Asterix / Obelix are being lined up to join the might City...?

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:51 pm

LoidLucan wrote: " Poor signings, a perceived negative style of football and a lack of PR all worked against him.."

I would wager it wasn't perceived but reality. It wasn't the best to watch at Darlo, either.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Henley wrote:
LoidLucan wrote: " Poor signings, a perceived negative style of football and a lack of PR all worked against him.."

I would wager it wasn't perceived but reality. It wasn't the best to watch at Darlo, either.
Really? I thought Penney's Darlo team was pretty good to watch. Abbott, Burgmeier, Kennedy, Joachim - all exciting footballers to watch at that level.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Spyman wrote:
Henley wrote:

Really? I thought Penney's Darlo team was pretty good to watch. Abbott, Burgmeier, Kennedy, Joachim - all exciting footballers to watch at that level.
I'd agree with that, Pennys' demeanour was much more dour than Hodgys' so it seemed to result in people calling his brand of football boring, and that he didnt care.

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Spyman wrote:
Henley wrote:

Kennedy!?!

Did the team possess good players? Yes

Did the team play good football? Mostly not, for me.

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:27 pm

shawry wrote:
I'd agree with that, Pennys' demeanour was much more dour than Hodgys' so it seemed to result in people calling his brand of football boring, and that he didnt care.
Are you being serious? You think people thought the football under Penney wasn't the best because he, himself, was dour? :lol:

P.S. I didn't think Hodgy's football was the best either (in his last spell).

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Henley wrote:
shawry wrote:
Are you being serious? You think people thought the football under Penney wasn't the best because he, himself, was dour? :lol:
Yes he's being serious, and yes some people did actually think the football wasn't great because they didn't like Penney - and they didn't like Penney because he wasn't Hodgy.

Your time away from the town has helped you forget that there are a lot of illogical, thick fuckers in Darlo.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Yes he's being serious, and yes some people did actually think the football wasn't great because they didn't like Penney - and they didn't like Penney because he wasn't Hodgy.

Your time away from the town has helped you forget that there are a lot of illogical, thick fuckers in Darlo.
Thanks for the reminder.

I'm not sure I want to come up tomorrow now :cry:

Darlo-and-Back

Post by Darlo-and-Back » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Should probably know this but where was Ferguson signed from?...

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:54 pm

The Beck situation is a bit weird. If, for no other reason, that Parkin is there. Is he going to drop Parkin for him? Fat knacker or not, he knows where the net is, especially at this level. Naturally Beck is a lot younger, but it's odd he considers that a priority.

I'm not *that* upset about him going either. He's not looked fully fit this year, and him going will give us a chance to change our style of play up a bit. Keep it on the deck and hopefully get the most out of Gillies and Thompson.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Darlo-and-Back wrote:Should probably know this but where was Ferguson signed from?...
Shildon

offside

Post by offside » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:35 pm

tezza wrote:Is Beck having a few problems passing his medical ? Well if he fails how will that affect his standing ... not to mention another judgemental failure on MG part. .... just saying
If he fails that medical he should be transfer listed as we dont want people who dont want to play for us and hopefully someone else may come in and he chooses them over york!!