New manager poll

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Who do you want

Alun Armstrong
7%
Chris Hardy
44%
Alan White
8%
Billy Miller
2%
Craig Hignett
6%
Matthew Bates
No votes
Ronnie Moore
7%
Mark Bower
2%
Neil Maddison
9%
LoidLucan
14%

Total votes: 85

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New manager poll

Post by jjljks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:01 am

I have waited longer for a hospital appointment than this one. Try to be patient & hope the Board get the right man! Think Brexit & Boris Johnson slowing things down ;)

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 am

Darlospike wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:compensation is easy just ask York
Surely we can just palm them off with a friendly....All gate receipts to Blyth obviously...
Easy just cut out the middleman ...york v Blyth sorted.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:14 am

poppyfield wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:What about Adam Lakeland at Farsley Celtic he's young ambitious did well at Curzon Ashton his time at Northwich Victoria was understandably difficult, he's got Celtic playing well and to cap it all he's got a beard. Seriously worth a look though.
Looks ideal, not a bad shout, compare his record to Hardys or Tommy Wrights and it stands out, yea I think he would suit the club.
Bump Bump

Darlojohn99

Post by Darlojohn99 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:17 am

I hope it’s Tommy Wright, young and fresh. I think give him a chance.

olrad

Post by olrad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:23 am

Looks like plan C then

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:47 am

Darlojohn99 wrote:I hope it’s Tommy Wright, young and fresh. I think give him a chance.
I'm for Armstrong, also young, nice bloke to boot and done a good job at Spartans

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

knoxy5000

Post by knoxy5000 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:48 am

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ref=twtrec

"However, talks over terms with Darlington’s preferred manager had not reached a successful conclusion last night, so Quakers could look to other candidates from last week’s interview process."

Does this mean the main target has knocked it back now ? As said time for plan C

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:59 am

Or the managers current club want more compensation than we are prepared to pay.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:11 pm

dfc4me wrote:Or the managers current club want more compensation than we are prepared to pay.

They wanted 2 friendlies?

Seriously though, its not good if club end up having to go for a 2nd choice manager.

Out of curiosity, where does Tommy Wright live and work? If he is based down near Nuneaton, then it seems a long way to come for training on a midweek as well as games etc.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Would be happy with Armstrong and disappointed with Wright

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Nothing on the Echo website to indicate who is coming in.
There wouldn't be. News like this will be kept under an embargo and released by all parties at the same time.

I'd expect that anyone in a position to know anything about it would remain tight-lipped about it so anything said here or elsewhere should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Hopefully we'll find out today.
Patience is a virtue sadly lacking with social media and since 2012 has wasted a lot of time for previous directors with emails,texts&phone calls stemming from rumour not fact. Hopefully not too long to wait for the official announcement.
can't live with it, Can't live without it.

Radar

Post by Radar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm

It's been dragged out that's for sure. Surely there's complications we didn't invisage.

princebishop

Post by princebishop » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Perhaps people's day jobs are just getting in the way of agreements being reached and decisions made?

I'd be very disappointed if it's Tommy Wright. Bang average player, done nothing as a manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:33 pm

[quote="Radar"]It's been dragged out that's for sure. Surely there's complications we didn't invisage.[/quot]
time line.......finish interviewing Fri, make an offer Sat, first choice has second thoughts Sunday, Monday second choices club tries to screw a better deal than we are willing to give them? Craig David made faster progress :lol:

btw, all the above.....................based on no facts whatsoever :D

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Nothing is insurmountable ,a solution to the hiccup will be found.New management in by Wednesday/Thursday.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:11 pm

princebishop wrote:Perhaps people's day jobs are just getting in the way of agreements being reached and decisions made?

I'd be very disappointed if it's Tommy Wright. Bang average player, done nothing as a manager.

Apart from win the title with Corby despite being 15 points behind Poole Town

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:26 pm

divas wrote:
princebishop wrote:Perhaps people's day jobs are just getting in the way of agreements being reached and decisions made?

If he hadn’t have played for us I’d not have thought he’d have made it on to a long list never mind a short list...

princebishop

Post by princebishop » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:51 pm

divas wrote:

Well....apart from that!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 pm

His knowledge, experience and contacts in the north east non league scene will obviously be limited or nil. And thats largely our pool plus i cant imagine he has his finger on the pulse with the north east league academies which can also be useful. Theres also a long thread on the nuneaton fans forum on who theyll get if TW is sacked (cos the knives have been out) and it doesnt make good reading.

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:22 pm

I think many are simply unaware that Tommy Wright won the Southern League title with Corby against all the odds as it wasn't in our region, so I wouldn't write him off by any stretch of the imagination.

With regard to a knowledge of local players, the ones capable of playing for us are generally well-known and playing for rivals such as Blyth, Spenny, etc. It must also be said that Martin Gray did not attempt to sign any rough diamonds from local football and instead spent as much as he could on the best players he thought he could attract. I have no objection to that if it is sustainable, but I would like us to improve and develop players scouted from local football, even if that is the 'Big Three' reserves and U21s.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:28 pm

divas wrote:

Then relegating them. Would be a massive disappointment.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm

The season after corby's relegation back down he was sacked with them being second bottom of the evo stik prem having won one of their first 12 games.

Darlojohn99

Post by Darlojohn99 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Tommy Wright and his family love the area. They still have links here. They are always up here, mainly in Middlesbrough. He was at Middlesbrough Sports Village in August. He has always looked at opportunities in the area.

But it looks like it’s dragging on. Something isn’t right. Maybe we have had a change of plan and speaking to Whitby?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:56 pm

We must be hitting problems if it's taken this long to appoint Gray's replacement.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:58 pm

WOULD`NT BE DARLO WITHOUT PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!

Darlojohn99

Post by Darlojohn99 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Maybe they have realised and have spoken to Whitby.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:We must be hitting problems if it's taken this long to appoint Gray's replacement.
Well as the manager was never going to be announced until Sunday at the earliest, and we're now only 24 hours later, I'd not say we've hit big problems yet.

Obviously AA has turned us down, but I'd rather that happen than we overstretch ourselves to accommodate whatever snagging points he had.

We have a part time, understaffed board who will have to make time to go through candidates again, possibly interview some people again, and so on.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:We must be hitting problems if it's taken this long to appoint Gray's replacement.
Well as the manager was never going to be announced until Sunday at the earliest, and we're now only 24 hours later, I'd not say we've hit big problems yet.

Obviously AA has turned us down, but I'd rather that happen than we overstretch ourselves to accommodate whatever snagging points he had.

We have a part time, understaffed board who will have to make time to go through candidates again, possibly interview some people again, and so on.
Spot on. Need to remember this. I'm intrigued to who it's going to be, but I'll wait patiently (as long as they get the right man). I too hope they look at Hardy, but I hope we aren't biggin him up too much

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Really disappointed, Armstrong was the right choice. Shows how we have fallen when we cannot get Blyth manager to join us, reality check again.
Please don't let it be Tommy Wright, but equally, not sure Hardy has enough or any experience of our level or connections across the wider geographical area needed to attract players to us from outside the local region. There again, dont really know now who would be right!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Quakerlad wrote:Really disappointed, Armstrong was the right choice. Shows how we have fallen when we cannot get Blyth manager to join us, reality check again.
Please don't let it be Tommy Wright, but equally, not sure Hardy has enough or any experience of our level or connections across the wider geographical area needed to attract players to us from outside the local region. There again, dont really know now who would be right!
If Armstrong has turned us down, or Blyth have refused it, at least it means our board are (in my opinion) thinking along the right lines in terms of profile.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC