New manager poll

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Who do you want

Alun Armstrong
7%
Chris Hardy
44%
Alan White
8%
Billy Miller
2%
Craig Hignett
6%
Matthew Bates
No votes
Ronnie Moore
7%
Mark Bower
2%
Neil Maddison
9%
LoidLucan
14%

Total votes: 85

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New manager poll

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:18 pm

olrad wrote:Who do some of you think we are ? We are no longer the biggest kid in the playground , and we're far from it , that's why MG bailed out . We have a rented rugby pitch , board of 2, dwindling volunteer base, falling attendances and obviously some of those that still attend have delusions of grandeur.
Who the F are we to be saying who is and isn't good enough. if someone shows a genuine interest of coming here and giving it his best shot he'll get my full support ,just like he'll have the support of the board , who happen to be the only people left who have stepped up to do what they think is best for the long term future of the club .
Give who ever it is a chance FFS
Agree 100%, for gods sake whoever lands the job deserves every crumb of support we can give him.Tommy thinks a lot of our club, that was obvious with his interview with Ray last season when Nuneaton thumped us at home, so that is a great start IMO.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:20 pm

At least theres no weight of expectation for the new man. Anything above the bottom three will be a bonus the way things are going.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
roadrunner wrote:Tommy Wright,Wright Wright. and Alan White,White , White.
Let's get started
roadrunner, get yourself down to the balcony at BM and see what you can find out.
Don't need to Tommy Wright and Micky Cummins and Alan White as coaches.
On Friday

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:34 pm

White & Cummins would certainly give Tommy the contacts needed in the North-East non-league scene.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 pm

roadrunner wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Let's get started
roadrunner, get yourself down to the balcony at BM and see what you can find out.
On Friday
Good shout, settle for that.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Not that I'm stirring, but Alan White has just cancelled all of his personal fitness sessions with his business due to "new work commitments."
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:51 am

Massive left field choice, Gary Forrest and his assistant Stuart Niven . Only due to the fact Forrest is minted and could 'boost the budget' himself.
Think before posting

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:53 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Correct Divas. Regarding Tommy Wright, beggars can't be choosers. If he can stabilise us for a couple of years while we build our infrastructure, then fair enough. Once we are eligible for promotion to the Conference, and we have built up the infrastructure, once the 500 club expires at the end of next year, we will have a bigger budget and be a much bigger draw for someone.
I'm a 500 club member and I believe we are in our 3rd season in using them, In which case the scheme will not start to run out for 2.5 years or so. Plus some members of the 500 club took out an extra year.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:58 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:Correct Divas. Regarding Tommy Wright, beggars can't be choosers. If he can stabilise us for a couple of years while we build our infrastructure, then fair enough. Once we are eligible for promotion to the Conference, and we have built up the infrastructure, once the 500 club expires at the end of next year, we will have a bigger budget and be a much bigger draw for someone.
I'm a 500 club member and I believe we are in our 3rd season in using them, In which case the scheme will not start to run out for 2.5 years or so. Plus some members of the 500 club took out an extra year.
I'm also a 500 Club member but am starting to think that membership has now served the purpose I bought it for and it has got us to the stage we wanted from it.

We know that as fans, it is our responsibility to fund the continued growth of the club so it is probably time to admit that spending a thousand quid (or whatever it was) 3 years ago doesn't justify not making further investment or donations.

Personally I'd be happy to ditch the 5 years season ticket at the end of this season and buy annual ones from here on. there may be other options for getting that money into the club, possibly in a more tax-efficient way, but I certainly intend to be giving the club the value of a new season ticket once they go on sale at the end of this season.

Just thinking aloud really but any other 500 Club Members fancy it?
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:09 am

I am also a 5 year + 1 season ticket holder
I put the equivalent price and more into the club each season and will continue to do so .
Fan owned, fan funded, until we can become self sufficient that's how it has to be,

hullablue
Team Supported: Nuneaton

Post by hullablue » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Quakerz wrote:Oh dear. Just had a look at the Nuneaton forum and a Darlo fan has been on to tell them he's linked with the Darlo job. Not many replies but the replies do include phrases like "how much are you paying for him" and "would have sacked him a few weeks ago but couldn't afford to pay him off"

Probably shouldn't dig any more, don't want to undermine the lad before he gets the job!

Sorry, I made the comment about the pay off, mocking the (totally false) rumour that he had been sacked but we couldn't afford to pay him off so unsacked him the same day.
Sorry.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:12 pm

What another mess! We cannot now even seem to attract managers from other clubs at a similar level, not that I am massively disappointed that Wright won't be coming!
So much for the fantastic quality of applicants and the shortlisted 7. Whoever we approach now is going to know that they are at least 3rd choice, not the best way to start.
I,ve read crazy things like the comments on the message board putting people off. Come on, any sensible person knows that the views on here are such a tiny percentage of fans, probably less than 5%, that it does not mean anything in the big scheme of the football club.
Afraid we are a bit of a "laughing stock" at moment and need a popular, wise choice of new manager who can help bring it all back together again.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Quakerlad wrote: I,ve read crazy things like the comments on the message board putting people off. Come on, any sensible person knows that the views on here are such a tiny percentage of fans, probably less than 5%, that it does not mean anything in the big scheme of the football club.
What makes you think that the opinions on here are not representative of the fan base as a whole?

I had to laugh the other day when you tried to suggest that a lot of the fanbase were disappointed that Gray left because you know loads of people who don't post on here that were disappointed.

Well I know loads of people that don't post on here who think he's a c***.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Well good for you Quakerz. The fact is that it is only a tiny minority and I can only speak regarding the views of the fans that I personally speak to regularly. I,ve got no problem if your people have a different opinion.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Quakerlad wrote:Well good for you Quakerz. The fact is that it is only a tiny minority and I can only speak regarding the views of the fans that I personally speak to regularly. I,ve got no problem if your people have a different opinion.
Missed you the other week when you passed up my invitation to meet at the Stockport game.

because you're not really a Darlington fan, and you haven't really been to almost every game for 50 years
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Quakerlad wrote:Well good for you Quakerz. The fact is that it is only a tiny minority
And there is no good reason to believe that the views of the minority (I wouldn't say tiny majority) who post on here or on twitter, are not representative of the whole fanbase.

It's much less plausible to think that only the minority who post on here are not arsed that "money" Martin has gone, yet the silent majority are gutted.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Craig Shakespeare appears to be at a loose end!!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I'm also a 500 Club member but am starting to think that membership has now served the purpose I bought it for and it has got us to the stage we wanted from it.

We know that as fans, it is our responsibility to fund the continued growth of the club so it is probably time to admit that spending a thousand quid (or whatever it was) 3 years ago doesn't justify not making further investment or donations.

Personally I'd be happy to ditch the 5 years season ticket at the end of this season and buy annual ones from here on. there may be other options for getting that money into the club, possibly in a more tax-efficient way, but I certainly intend to be giving the club the value of a new season ticket once they go on sale at the end of this season.

I'm of a similar mind as a 500 member. I've talked to one or two other members at the South Shields and there were similar feelings that the scheme is now a constraint.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:42 pm

princes town wrote:
Allan Quatermain wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

I'm of a similar mind as a 500 member. I've talked to one or two other members at the South Shields and there were similar feelings that the scheme is now a constraint.
I've had some further discussions about this since I posted earlier and will be making a suggestion for those who may think along the same lines as us two.

The financial burden is slightly more than is immediately apparent - I am no tax expert but learned a little something about it today!

Later...
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:50 pm

roadrunner wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Let's get started
On Friday
Ahem.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:54 pm

roadrunner in talking s*** shocker.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:37 pm

So with Alun Armstrong out the running and a lot don't want Tommy Wright...

Although I seen negativity towards Gary Mills on here, but would he be worth a shot...

Despite being sacked by York lately he has won 2 FA Trophys with York, got them promoted the same through the play offs and led Gateshead to the Play-Off final in 2013 I think it was

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:39 pm

murtonquaker wrote:So with Alun Armstrong out the running and a lot don't want Tommy Wright...

Although I seen negativity towards Gary Mills on here, but would he be worth a shot...

Despite being sacked by York lately he has won 2 FA Trophys with York, got them promoted the same through the play offs and led Gateshead to the Play-Off final in 2013 I think it was

A manager who can go on a cup run, what are these strange things you write about :shh:

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:So with Alun Armstrong out the running and a lot don't want Tommy Wright...

A manager who can go on a cup run, what are these strange things you write about :shh:
Good shout. I know Darren Caskey applied but not sure if it was with or without Mills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

No idea of who applied. But one name that is would like to see in the running is Ronnie Moore. Based around south Yorkshire area so perhaps slightly far away but certainly an experienced hand and a big black book that would hopefully help bring players in on loan and entice those who are looking to step away from the pro game.

Also honourable mention for Mark Bower. But I trust the board to get the job done. Think they have made a good job of informing the fans what is going on and the facts show they are trying to get the right deal for the club.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:A manager who can go on a cup run, what are these strange things you write about :shh:
If Gray had managed that, just once in his reign, he might have been able to work with the type of budget he wanted and not had to suffer us embarrassing him by rattling our buckets. Too much to ask perhaps.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:17 am

Echo reporting Kevan Smith with Andy Toman as assistant remains an option

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 pm

I am quite impressed with the number of names on our list now. I suppose big question is where is Alan Curbishley?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:A manager who can go on a cup run, what are these strange things you write about :shh:
If Gray had managed that, just once in his reign, he might have been able to work with the type of budget he wanted and not had to suffer us embarrassing him by rattling our buckets. Too much to ask perhaps.
Coincidence that he jumped ship shortly after our FA Cup defeat?

If we were still in the cup, would he still be here? For the glory and the money?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 am

"Since missing out on the aforementioned managerial candidates, The Northern Echo understands Quakers have this week approached a North-East club for permission to speak to their manager."

Hardy?