Breaking ties

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

olrad
Team Supported: Darlington

Breaking ties

Post by olrad » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:08 am

I understand that we have to break our ties with MGFA completely ( and I'm all for that ) but as previously the two have been near enough interwoven we need to make sure we don't go cutting off our nose to spite our face. There are surely some aspects that we can re-jig and bring in house if the people involved were willing . The community programme , kids teams , back room and coaching staff for a start . All have a cost , but I'm sure that MJFA is not a charity and there have always been costs ..... without our badge and his academy getting a free piggy back from our club and its fan base I can't see his academy being that much of a pull in the future anyhow . Hopefully someone has the will and know how to work through both severing the links , reclaiming that that is rightfully ours and galvanising those interested to continue the good work in OUR name .... like the board don't have enough to sort out I know ... but a restructured board could surely delegate some matters if they can identify what help is needed , let us know and perhaps people can step forward as and where required . P.s who noticed that I changed his academy name to MJ(for judas)FA .

Henley
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Breaking ties

Post by Henley » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Never say in many paragraphs what you can say in one . . .