Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:10 am View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:42 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
If the lad really wants to stay then he has to be an asset and an option to lead the line. From the Stockport game it was obvious we needed a big presence up front to vary the threats, so if his heart is with Darlo then brilliant.
On the other hand, if he wants to go then Darlo need the real market value for him.
Slightly worried that the rumours about him doing a medical at York - did he fail & that is why he turned up at BM v. County. Is he really injured hence the loss of his goalscoring touch? Hope not, as on his day he is a real threat.

Echo reports yesterday he failed his medical at York. I must therefore eat humble pie as I questioned on another thread whether he really was injured! Apologies Becky.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 pm 

Beck is "still on Gray's radar" according to the York Press.

Mark is contracted until 2019, with another years' option in favour of the club. A very good player who we certainly shouldn't be in any rush to sell and waver at a cut-price because he is temporarily injured.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:47 pm 

Darlofan97 wrote:

Mark is contracted until 2019, with another years' option in favour of the club. A very good player who we certainly shouldn't be in any rush to sell and waver at a cut-price because he is temporarily injured.

Yep. Plus he's only injured cos of Grays constant need to play him regardless cos he lacked anything resembling a plan b.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:37 am 

Hopefully the new manager will be allowed to assess Beck's suitability for the team, before he decides to leave us for York.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 am 

Darlofan97 wrote:

Completely agree. Let's get him fit again and he'll be an asset as he was last season.

Who knows? If he has a good season he may attract interest from full time clubs further up the pyramid.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pm 

onewayup wrote:
Mark Beck is a Darlington f.c player, I have doubts about him going to york.
Time will tell one way or other. I think he gives us options , he can stay for me if he's in the right frame of mind,.

Mark Beck will stay with Darlington , I firmly believe that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:44 pm 

DJ confirmed he is going nowhere, about an hour ago.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 pm 

Quakerz wrote:
DJ confirmed he is going nowhere, about an hour ago.

Surely he is going nowhere because he cannot pass a medical? Also it presumably is for the new Manager to decide who is in and who is out?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:59 pm 

I hope all this gets sorted out. One hand we could do with the little cash that could our way and when Beck is sorted passes a medical. It could be one of them where the new gaffer doesn’t fancy him and we play a different type of football, he could stuck on the bench and sees out the contract and lose him on a free.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 pm 

We don't have many strikers without beck, so we'd need to sign a replacement if he left. Selling him wouldn't be simply profit for fixing other areas of the club. I'm glad he's staying, can be a real threat on his day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:25 pm 

I'd love Beck to stay. He's a much better player than the one dimensional role he was asked to play. No reason why he can't play the style we played on Saturday as he's good on the floor as well as in the air

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:25 pm 

I'd love Beck to stay. He's a much better player than the one dimensional role he was asked to play. No reason why he can't play the style we played on Saturday as he's good on the floor as well as in the air

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm 

aveda wrote:

Not being funny but I have only ever seen him play the "one dimensional role" not sure any of us (myself included) can really judge if he can play any other way? Hopefully he is versatile.