You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:45 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12455
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_H wrote:
Gary Martin is off to Lillestrom in January anyway, he's just at York short-term to cover Louis Almond dislocating his shoulder against Tamworth.


Apart from the deal was agreed 4 weeks before that injury


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:45 pm
Posts: 478
Team Supported: Darlington
Wonder if he had International Clearance to play for Darlington Albion/York City?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 1917
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
Darlo_H wrote:
Gary Martin is off to Lillestrom in January anyway, he's just at York short-term to cover Louis Almond dislocating his shoulder against Tamworth.


Apart from the deal was agreed 4 weeks before that injury

It was? My bad.

Obviously Almond, Parkin, Morgan-Smith, Rankine and Gray aren't enough.

_________________
Jazz Maverick wrote:
If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10968
Team Supported: Darlington
At least it should mean that Gray will stop trying to get Beck for a while, which is good news.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm
Posts: 1469
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
At least it should mean that Gray will stop trying to get Beck for a while, which is good news.


Or he knows the extent of Beck's injury and short term cover has been provided until he's fit again...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:57 pm
Posts: 17
Team Supported: Darlington
:idea:


Last edited by GaryChapman=God on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1233
Team Supported: Darlington
If that is the case then we need to reinvest any money in the squad. We can't use it to cover any shortfalls while we're dropping like a stone.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10968
Team Supported: Darlington
that'll be a bid disappointment if Beck has played his last game for us, but you can't blame him front wanting full-time football again.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1219
Team Supported: Darlington
A bidding war, perhaps. Now that could be useful!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 1157
Team Supported: Darlington
As long as they wait till we have played them twice


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2344
Team Supported: Darlington
GaryChapman=God wrote:
I have heard that a bid has been made for beck by Harrogate. From what I hear it’s very unlikely we will see him in a Darlo shirt again

Talking Shite again!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10968
Team Supported: Darlington
darlo reborn wrote:
As long as they wait till we have played them twice


No doubt if Beck went to Harrogate, we'd put a clause in the contract saying he couldn't play against us this season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 1736
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
GaryChapman=God wrote:
I have heard that a bid has been made for beck by Harrogate. From what I hear it’s very unlikely we will see him in a Darlo shirt again

Talking Shite again!!!


I dunno, he called Wright and white on the day it happened...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7791
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:
As long as they wait till we have played them twice


No doubt if Beck went to Harrogate, we'd put a clause in the contract saying he couldn't play against us this season.


Why?

Who really cares. Once he has gone to Harrogate he is their player to play for them. What difference does playing against us this particular season matter.

Either way I suspect if Beck does go it will be for his pre-determined release clause which means we won't be able to impose additional clauses anyway.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12455
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:
As long as they wait till we have played them twice


No doubt if Beck went to Harrogate, we'd put a clause in the contract saying he couldn't play against us this season.


Why?

Who really cares. Once he has gone to Harrogate he is their player to play for them. What difference does playing against us this particular season matter.

Either way I suspect if Beck does go it will be for his pre-determined release clause which means we won't be able to impose additional clauses anyway.



Apart from any of that I believe it's against league rules


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:57 pm
Posts: 17
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
GaryChapman=God wrote:
I have heard that a bid has been made for beck by Harrogate. From what I hear it’s very unlikely we will see him in a Darlo shirt again

Talking Shite again!!!


I wish I was talking shite. From what I have been told it’s a certainty him and unfortunately Bartlett are moving on. Have been told this by the same people who told me about the management team. Would happily have a gentleman’s bet on it. The money going to the Darlo fund :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Your move harrythequaker...

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12455
Team Supported: Darlington
GaryChapman=God wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
GaryChapman=God wrote:
I have heard that a bid has been made for beck by Harrogate. From what I hear it’s very unlikely we will see him in a Darlo shirt again

Talking Shite again!!!


I wish I was talking shite. From what I have been told it’s a certainty him and unfortunately Bartlett are moving on. Have been told this by the same people who told me about the management team. Would happily have a gentleman’s bet on it. The money going to the Darlo fund :D


Despite Bartlett initially opting to stay at Darlo I think he may be concerned by our recent slump and prospects for the season so it wouldn't be a surprise to see him leave. I thought TW's comment in his post match interview indicated that Bartlett wasn't a happy bunny


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1405
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
GaryChapman=God wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
GaryChapman=God wrote:
I have heard that a bid has been made for beck by Harrogate. From what I hear it’s very unlikely we will see him in a Darlo shirt again

Talking Shite again!!!


I wish I was talking shite. From what I have been told it’s a certainty him and unfortunately Bartlett are moving on. Have been told this by the same people who told me about the management team. Would happily have a gentleman’s bet on it. The money going to the Darlo fund :D


Despite Bartlett initially opting to stay at Darlo I think he may be concerned by our recent slump and prospects for the season so it wouldn't be a surprise to see him leave. I thought TW's comment in his post match interview indicated that Bartlett wasn't a happy bunny

If Bartlett does go surely York have enough keepers but that would not concern Gray.Surprised if it is not York .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10968
Team Supported: Darlington
Bartlett can play at a higher level than Conference North. Do we have him on a contract, so that we'll get some money for him if and when he leaves us?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 1157
Team Supported: Darlington
Thought he was happy just playing part time so would probably move on same contract


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 pm
Posts: 212
Team Supported: Darlington
Losing Ferguson, Beck and, possibly, Bartlett would be extremely disappointing but, as they are probably 3 of our highest paid players, it would free up a significant chunk of budget enabling us to not only bring in replacements on sensible wages but add a couple of extra players where we are weakest. Any transfer fees being used to cover lost income due to lower attendances.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Posts: 1471
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
GaryChapman=God wrote:
I have heard that a bid has been made for beck by Harrogate. From what I hear it’s very unlikely we will see him in a Darlo shirt again

Talking Shite again!!!


Well this is awkward !!!

_________________
Fuck off Peter Bennett

AKA Spen666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5040
Team Supported: Darlington
dfc4me wrote:
Losing Ferguson, Beck and, possibly, Bartlett would be extremely disappointing but, as they are probably 3 of our highest paid players, it would free up a significant chunk of budget enabling us to not only bring in replacements on sensible wages but add a couple of extra players where we are weakest. Any transfer fees being used to cover lost income due to lower attendances.

We're averaging 1500, and I'd be shocked if we don't finish with around that, considering the crowds we're likely to get v York, Salford and Blyth. So are crowds that much lower than expected? Anyone know what crowds we've budgeted for?

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5040
Team Supported: Darlington
Just seen Beck has gone to Harrogate. Best of luck to him. Very good player at this level.

The wages saved, and even some of the fee if need be, have to be invested in a decent striker. Otherwise we're going down.

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 pm
Posts: 54
Team Supported: Darlington
Gone to harrogate...on official site


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1261
Team Supported: Darlington
Quote:
Mark has a release clause in his contract that Harrogate activated


Wonder if release clause related to fee to be paid or to the club not standing in way if offered full time football?

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 663
Team Supported: Darlington
Grim. Hope we got a decent fee.

We probably need to keep the money and try and find a bargain, in case the crowds continue to suffer.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am
Posts: 115
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
GaryChapman=God wrote:
I have heard that a bid has been made for beck by Harrogate. From what I hear it’s very unlikely we will see him in a Darlo shirt again

Talking Shite again!!!


Oopppppps dont think he was talking shite i see!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mark Beck
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:57 pm
Posts: 17
Team Supported: Darlington
Sad to see him go. And it looks like it is Bartlett to York next. Difficult times ahead I think


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group