Mark Beck

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark Beck

Post by divas » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Darlo_H wrote:Gary Martin is off to Lillestrom in January anyway, he's just at York short-term to cover Louis Almond dislocating his shoulder against Tamworth.
Apart from the deal was agreed 4 weeks before that injury

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:52 pm

Wonder if he had International Clearance to play for Darlington Albion/York City?

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 am

divas wrote:
Darlo_H wrote:Gary Martin is off to Lillestrom in January anyway, he's just at York short-term to cover Louis Almond dislocating his shoulder against Tamworth.
Apart from the deal was agreed 4 weeks before that injury
It was? My bad.

Obviously Almond, Parkin, Morgan-Smith, Rankine and Gray aren't enough.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:37 am

At least it should mean that Gray will stop trying to get Beck for a while, which is good news.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:At least it should mean that Gray will stop trying to get Beck for a while, which is good news.
Or he knows the extent of Beck's injury and short term cover has been provided until he's fit again...

GaryChapman=God

Post by GaryChapman=God » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:32 pm

:idea:
Last edited by GaryChapman=God on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:43 pm

If that is the case then we need to reinvest any money in the squad. We can't use it to cover any shortfalls while we're dropping like a stone.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:16 pm

that'll be a bid disappointment if Beck has played his last game for us, but you can't blame him front wanting full-time football again.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:41 pm

A bidding war, perhaps. Now that could be useful!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:41 pm

As long as they wait till we have played them twice

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:35 pm

GaryChapman=God wrote:I have heard that a bid has been made for beck by Harrogate. From what I hear it’s very unlikely we will see him in a Darlo shirt again
Talking Shite again!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:30 pm

darlo reborn wrote:As long as they wait till we have played them twice
No doubt if Beck went to Harrogate, we'd put a clause in the contract saying he couldn't play against us this season.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:38 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
GaryChapman=God wrote:I have heard that a bid has been made for beck by Harrogate. From what I hear it’s very unlikely we will see him in a Darlo shirt again
Talking Shite again!!!
I dunno, he called Wright and white on the day it happened...

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:33 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
No doubt if Beck went to Harrogate, we'd put a clause in the contract saying he couldn't play against us this season.
Why?

Who really cares. Once he has gone to Harrogate he is their player to play for them. What difference does playing against us this particular season matter.

Either way I suspect if Beck does go it will be for his pre-determined release clause which means we won't be able to impose additional clauses anyway.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:49 am

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Why?

Who really cares. Once he has gone to Harrogate he is their player to play for them. What difference does playing against us this particular season matter.

Either way I suspect if Beck does go it will be for his pre-determined release clause which means we won't be able to impose additional clauses anyway.

Apart from any of that I believe it's against league rules

GaryChapman=God

Post by GaryChapman=God » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:01 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Talking Shite again!!!
I wish I was talking shite. From what I have been told it’s a certainty him and unfortunately Bartlett are moving on. Have been told this by the same people who told me about the management team. Would happily have a gentleman’s bet on it. The money going to the Darlo fund :D

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:10 am

Your move harrythequaker...

divas

Post by divas » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:55 pm

GaryChapman=God wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Talking Shite again!!!
I wish I was talking shite. From what I have been told it’s a certainty him and unfortunately Bartlett are moving on. Have been told this by the same people who told me about the management team. Would happily have a gentleman’s bet on it. The money going to the Darlo fund :D
Despite Bartlett initially opting to stay at Darlo I think he may be concerned by our recent slump and prospects for the season so it wouldn't be a surprise to see him leave. I thought TW's comment in his post match interview indicated that Bartlett wasn't a happy bunny

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:59 pm

divas wrote:
GaryChapman=God wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Talking Shite again!!!
Despite Bartlett initially opting to stay at Darlo I think he may be concerned by our recent slump and prospects for the season so it wouldn't be a surprise to see him leave. I thought TW's comment in his post match interview indicated that Bartlett wasn't a happy bunny
If Bartlett does go surely York have enough keepers but that would not concern Gray.Surprised if it is not York .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Bartlett can play at a higher level than Conference North. Do we have him on a contract, so that we'll get some money for him if and when he leaves us?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Thought he was happy just playing part time so would probably move on same contract

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Losing Ferguson, Beck and, possibly, Bartlett would be extremely disappointing but, as they are probably 3 of our highest paid players, it would free up a significant chunk of budget enabling us to not only bring in replacements on sensible wages but add a couple of extra players where we are weakest. Any transfer fees being used to cover lost income due to lower attendances.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:10 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Talking Shite again!!!
Well this is awkward !!!
Think before posting

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:15 pm

dfc4me wrote:Losing Ferguson, Beck and, possibly, Bartlett would be extremely disappointing but, as they are probably 3 of our highest paid players, it would free up a significant chunk of budget enabling us to not only bring in replacements on sensible wages but add a couple of extra players where we are weakest. Any transfer fees being used to cover lost income due to lower attendances.
We're averaging 1500, and I'd be shocked if we don't finish with around that, considering the crowds we're likely to get v York, Salford and Blyth. So are crowds that much lower than expected? Anyone know what crowds we've budgeted for?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Just seen Beck has gone to Harrogate. Best of luck to him. Very good player at this level.

The wages saved, and even some of the fee if need be, have to be invested in a decent striker. Otherwise we're going down.

darlo1883

Post by darlo1883 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Gone to harrogate...on official site

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Mark has a release clause in his contract that Harrogate activated
Wonder if release clause related to fee to be paid or to the club not standing in way if offered full time football?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Grim. Hope we got a decent fee.

We probably need to keep the money and try and find a bargain, in case the crowds continue to suffer.

offside

Post by offside » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Talking Shite again!!!
Oopppppps dont think he was talking shite i see!!!

GaryChapman=God

Post by GaryChapman=God » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Sad to see him go. And it looks like it is Bartlett to York next. Difficult times ahead I think