what is kevin smith up to these days?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: what is kevin smith up to these days?

Post by divas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:38 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'd like to see Smudger involved in some way at the club, I'm not sure what involvement that would be.

We could do with someone to clean the terraces after the game

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:02 am

divas wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I'd like to see Smudger involved in some way at the club, I'm not sure what involvement that would be.

Spot on. This thread is just bizarre.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:02 am

I'm thinking maybe we should also be looking at setting up some kind of advisory panel of former managers to help the new boss. Perhaps headed by Hodgy and Brian Little but maybe best to limit it to seven or eight of them. Of course we'd only employ the services of legends who know the club inside out.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:21 am

divas wrote:
There was me thinking we needed investors to raise the money for the roof or sponsors!?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:26 am

LoidLucan wrote:I'm thinking maybe we should also be looking at setting up some kind of advisory panel of former managers to help the new boss. Perhaps headed by Hodgy and Brian Little but maybe best to limit it to seven or eight of them. Of course we'd only employ the services of legends who know the club inside out.
Brilliant idea - may I suggest Marco Gabbiadini, he'd be absolutely brilliant at helping our new manager because he scored some great goals for us nearly twenty years ago, and also Michael Oliver - because he has a name identical to Michael Oliver the referee and that must mean he would know all about football and be good at advising on transfers and money issues.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 am

LoidLucan wrote:I'm thinking maybe we should also be looking at setting up some kind of advisory panel of former managers to help the new boss. Perhaps headed by Hodgy and Brian Little but maybe best to limit it to seven or eight of them. Of course we'd only employ the services of legends who know the club inside out.
Martin Gray could join as a full-time consultant for the advisory panel?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 am

Doesn't Marco have his own pub, so at least he has management experience?

snackweasle

Post by snackweasle » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:15 am

Billy the Fish.... GK coach and Tommy Brown as manager??

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 am

snackweasle wrote:Billy the Fish.... GK coach and Tommy Brown as manager??
What about a role for Osvaldo Dodgy-Deals.

Brown Fox on the wing would encourage a few more fans to attend ( well male ones anyway)

is there a place in the side upfront for Johnny X ( replace Beck if he goes to York?)

not sure Bert Micro-chip would approve though

Could persuade Rick Spangle to invest in club ( if the fans approved)

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:24 am

My money is on tight-lipped, ashen-faced supremo Ron Knee, 59 supported by Baldy Pevsner, Hernandez de Pratwinkle, and fearless one-legged custodian Wally Foot

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
princes town wrote:
Craig09 wrote:What about kev and andy Toman on the coaching side of things im sure both would be good coaches at the club specially Toman
excellent shout. Possibly Toman as manager and Smith as coach. I have been wondering about Andy Crosby as well.
Billy Miller is devastated he lost your backing so quickly.
No he hasn't lost my backing. :D :D I just don't think he will apply now. a few years too late this job I suspect.

princes town

Post by princes town » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Great player for this club in his day and part of the folklore history , has no history of football management as far I know, last thing we need is a manager appointed on nostalgic history.
The point about employing former 'legends' is they will be given more time and patience by the fans. Just imagine the buzz from Toman and Smudger turning up at BM. It would inspire everybody not just the players.

If we are to cast the net wider, somebody like Miller would be of interest although I suspect the vacancy has come a few years too late. He developed Nathan into the excellent player he is today and used to work for the club. He was really chatty with the fans when we played railway and is used to dealing with limited budgets. He took Tadcaster up to the Evostik and produced a really good railway team on a very limited budget.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:49 pm

princes town wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:Great player for this club in his day and part of the folklore history , has no history of football management as far I know, last thing we need is a manager appointed on nostalgic history.
The point about employing former 'legends' is they will be given more time and patience by the fans. Just imagine the buzz from Toman and Smudger turning up at BM. It would inspire everybody not just the players.

If we are to cast the net wider, somebody like Miller would be of interest although I suspect the vacancy has come a few years too late. He developed Nathan into the excellent player he is today and used to work for the club. He was really chatty with the fans when we played railway and is used to dealing with limited budgets. He took Tadcaster up to the Evostik and produced a really good railway team on a very limited budget.
The majority of the players are under 30 and quite possibly didn't grow up watching Darlo. I doubt they have much of an idea who Smith and Toman are - and the same probably applies to a large section of our fanbase.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

princes town

Post by princes town » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Spyman wrote:
princes town wrote:

The majority of the players are under 30 and quite possibly didn't grow up watching Darlo. I doubt they have much of an idea who Smith and Toman are - and the same probably applies to a large section of our fanbase.

yes, I'm probably forgetting that times move on.

princes town

Post by princes town » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:13 pm

princes town wrote:
Spyman wrote:
princes town wrote:

yes, I'm probably forgetting that times move on

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:46 pm

While we are at it I wonder if Barry Conlon could be tempted? :P
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm

If we're on about former players - Robbie Blake. Let's get him back in.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:38 pm

He'd probably still do a decent job up front.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 pm

What about Mike Bassett? Didn't he play for Darlington, watched it in a film/documentary and looked a bit like Ricky Tomlinson as well.