Gateshead fc

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

norwich darlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Gateshead fc

Post by norwich darlo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Today appointed Steve Watson as their new manager.

Spyman

Re: Gateshead fc

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:53 pm

norwich darlo wrote:Today appointed Steve Watson as their new manager.
http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 36#p413736

Which may of course bring Armstrong into consideration for us, assuming he is one of the applicants.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Spyman wrote:

Which may of course bring Armstrong into consideration for us, assuming he is one of the applicants.

Another live contender. Played over 60 games for the club and knows the club inside out. He's also played at a decent level at Stockport so will know a good player when he sees one.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Armstrong's today been fighting a desperate rearguard action to try to convince everyone he's not trying to sprint for the exit door at Blyth after it was reported he was on the shortlist for the Gateshead job.

He said: "I don’t want to leave. I'm contracted to Blyth Spartans, they pay my wages and I’m focused solely on the task at hand. The club is in a great position at the moment, we’ve had a fantastic start to the season and I’m looking to push on with Blyth this season."

Don't think it would go down too well if he now nipped off for a Darlo interview.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:12 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Armstrong's today been fighting a desperate rearguard action to try to convince everyone he's not trying to sprint for the exit door at Blyth after it was reported he was on the shortlist for the Gateshead job.

He said: "I don’t want to leave. I'm contracted to Blyth Spartans, they pay my wages and I’m focused solely on the task at hand. The club is in a great position at the moment, we’ve had a fantastic start to the season and I’m looking to push on with Blyth this season."

Don't think it would go down too well if he now nipped off for a Darlo interview.
Armstrong was interviewed for the Gateshead job. And did say at the weekend he wants to move into the Football League with Blyth or whoever.

Probably had a nudge from the chairman to ensure he's still on board.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:17 pm

princes town wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Another live contender. Played over 60 games for the club and knows the club inside out. He's also played at a decent level at Stockport so will know a good player when he sees one.
Eh? Neither of those sentences make sense.

He played 60 games for us a decade ago so knows our current set up inside out. What?

He played for Stockport in the Football League 20 years ago so therefore has terrific scouting ability. Come again?

Stop talking rubbish man.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:27 am

Darlogramps wrote:
princes town wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Eh? Neither of those sentences make sense.

He played 60 games for us a decade ago so knows our current set up inside out. What?

He played for Stockport in the Football League 20 years ago so therefore has terrific scouting ability. Come again?

Stop talking rubbish man.

Exactly - sorry Sir Alex but you never played for Darlo so we cant offer you the job............

FFS lets pick the best man not the best former player.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:37 am

suspect princes town's post was a hurried one. Armstrong will have a rough idea of the high level history of darlo.....and being an ex pro, he will have some level of skill analysing players.....but then so would pretty much anyone else in the running for the job.

fans of all clubs suggest ex players / managers - very rarely does a club go down this route.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:58 am

I think Armstrong is the sort of name we should be looking at regardless of his history as a former player of ours.

He's a young manager on the up who manages at this level in this region so should have a decent network and knowledge of what is/isn't available.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Exactly. Alun Armstrong is a good candidate just not for any of the reasons that Princes Town laid out.