MGFA

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

MGFA

Post by Darlo_CR » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Anyone know what the deal is with the club and Martin Gran's academy?

tezza

Re: MGFA

Post by tezza » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 am

In a nutshell a service company to provide said to DFC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 am

Darlo_CR wrote:Anyone know what the deal is with the club and Martin Gran's academy?
His Gran has an Academy? :shock: :shock:

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:08 am

In my opinion we should cut all ties with the MG academy now hes left. Time to concentrate on our own academy so therefor anything Darlington FC related to MGFA should be taken down ie DFC strips. Clubs name and badge on any advertising stuff

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:14 am

Probs will pop up at york on the coaching staff and as back up.

Gray wants to improve his keeping options hence the approach for Bartlett.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 am

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:Probs will pop up at york on the coaching staff and as back up.

Unlikely. Andy Collet rejoined york in the summer as GK coach. Another unfortunate victim of Gray moving on it seems.

From a club perspective it will be interesting to see how lean our backroom team is when a new manager is appointed. At one point we had Gray, Atkinson, Gregan, White, Bell all on the payroll. Any saving here is again good for finances which can be deployed elsewhere.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:37 pm

JE93 wrote:
Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:Probs will pop up at york on the coaching staff and as back up.

Unlikely. Andy Collet rejoined york in the summer as GK coach. Another unfortunate victim of Gray moving on it seems.

From a club perspective it will be interesting to see how lean our backroom team is when a new manager is appointed. At one point we had Gray, Atkinson, Gregan, White, Bell all on the payroll. Any saving here is again good for finances which can be deployed elsewhere.
Collett has worked with Penney and Gray before. I'd imagine he is safe.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 pm

Beano wrote:
JE93 wrote:

See todays's Echo anyone think DFC should................hm...maybe better not go there!
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... Boro_star/

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 am

bga wrote:
Beano wrote:
JE93 wrote:

See todays's Echo anyone think DFC should................hm...maybe better not go there!
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... Boro_star/
Proctor, Stamp and Collett. Get them in.

Although which one would be GK coach out of Collett and Stamp?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 am

Start our own academy and get someone to invest in it.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Start our own academy and get someone to invest in it.
And a new stand, and a roof.....

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:57 am

Also heard a rumour that they are changing their name to MGFO

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:25 am

I wouldn't be against Proctor at all. Pretty experienced coach, and if he's involved in an academy set up, that probably means he's open to part time work. Of course our main problem is the job being part time, so we need someone else who does something else and is based in the area.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 am

H1987 wrote:I wouldn't be against Proctor at all. Pretty experienced coach, and if he's involved in an academy set up, that probably means he's open to part time work. Of course our main problem is the job being part time, so we need someone else who does something else and is based in the area.
All depends on what you pay them though doesn't it. I'd happily work part time if I was paid the same as my full time role, anyone would. The only reason for an additional job would be if you couldn't live on the salary from your "part time" job.

I'm sure a few of our players don't have additional jobs now.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:01 am

norwich darlo wrote:
Seem to be quite a few of these academies now. Nothing in our rules to stop us forming our own in collaboration with an investor so long as it's set up so that our community benefits from it.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:22 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
norwich darlo wrote:
Seem to be quite a few of these academies now. Nothing in our rules to stop us forming our own in collaboration with an investor so long as it's set up so that our community benefits from it.

Why the need for an investor? Surely these academies deliver profit which is the whole reason for them existing in the first place?

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
norwich darlo wrote:
I'm sure the DFC directors will be getting advice about how the youth setup can be managed post-MGFA, probably somebody who is or has been head of a professional youth development set up.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Just a thought, does the Rugby club have an academy? you know for young rugby types, if not, would there be any mileage in exploring a joint venture, I would assume it cost effective having one admin type set up over seeing both ventures.
I'll get me coat.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:27 pm

poppyfield wrote:Just a thought, does the Rugby club have an academy? you know for young rugby types, if not, would there be any mileage in exploring a joint venture, I would assume it cost effective having one admin type set up over seeing both ventures.
I'll get me coat.
Encouraging children to be involved in sport is ultimately what we should be doing and working with the rugby club for that would be a good move.

I used to manage a youth team and all admin was able to be handled by the managers - not sure why our youth team would require much more involvement.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Beano wrote:
JE93 wrote:

I'd heard that Gray and Collett don't get on

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:41 pm

divas wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
norwich darlo wrote:
Why the need for an investor? Surely these academies deliver profit which is the whole reason for them existing in the first place?
Just thinking out loud but I would have thought it's an example of something where investment could be both possible and attractive without any impact on the ownership model, and might help to get it up and running.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Beano wrote:
JE93 wrote:

Probs why colletts doing 1 month free classes on his academy in darlo to piss gray off

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:53 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Collett did always strike me as a thoroughly likeable chap.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:56 pm

MGFA right now probably vulnerable, given that his focus will be on YC full time. His new wife was recently appointed a Director, maybe she is a safe pair of hands.
I do suspect however that those already with their own established academies, Alan Armstrong, Andy Collett etc. will smell an opportunity.
The big prize DBC/DCC & BTec associations.

MGFA Could well find itself fighting a re guard operation

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Collett just coaches the academy kids at York and helps out on match days if he’s there.
He won’t be after the Darlo job.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Think he was sponsored by Hicker who used to be a regular on here and I agree he was thoroughly likeable as he left us tickets on the gate for Carlisle away. A momentous journey one chilly evening long , long ago.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:26 pm

I've got a lot of time for Collett. Met him in a few times and he's always been very interested in Darlo and how we've got on.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 am

loan_star wrote:Collett just coaches the academy kids at York and helps out on match days if he’s there.
He won’t be after the Darlo job.
Think you will find he coaches the first team Goalkeepers as well as the youths.

You can check out his latest video by visiting York City FC Site

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:39 pm

He isn’t the first team goalkeeper coach. He may help out if he’s there but isn’t considered a first team coach.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:47 pm

loan_star wrote:He isn’t the first team goalkeeper coach. He may help out if he’s there but isn’t considered a first team coach.
Of course he is.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.