Wright staying put

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wright staying put

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Will be an interesting statement on Friday. What isn't yet clear is whether Wright and /or Armstrong were 2 of the 7 interviewed last week and then we couldn't agree packages with their clubs subsequently.
There won't necessarily be a statement on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:58 pm

I'd be very surprised if there was any statement on Friday. If Johnson is out of the country on business then I'm not too sure he'll be spending much time negotating wages and budgets with a possible new manager. It may be that we need to interview again and our financial constraints may mean we have to significantly lower our expectations.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:31 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:We don't HAVE to have a manager with a colour in his name.

We had Gray (or rather he 'had' us), we now have Brown and you are suggesting White.

Anyone out there who is a delicate shade of fuchsia?
Does that rule out Paul Lemon then

1. Because he has a colour in his name and
2. He is ex-Sunderland and ain't ex-Darlo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 pm

The reality of the situation is that we are a part time club looking for a part time manager. We're very likely not going to get a manager or coach from a full time club. As such some of the suggestions are unrealistic.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:The reality of the situation is that we are a part time club looking for a part time manager. We're very likely not going to get a manager or coach from a full time club. As such some of the suggestions are unrealistic.
This is true, and I wonder if the applicants who were offered the job were surprised at the salary they were offered? Isn't this nearly always the primary reason why a deal can't be agreed in football. I suspect we won't be offering anything like as much as some candidates expect. Our name carries more weight than our bank balance at this level.