Alan White

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Alan White

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Just speculation, is he going to be the next Darlo manager?
He did some fitness training in his latter playing days with us, and has certainly been part of the coaching/fitness set up at Spennymoor usually seen on the touch line during games.
I don’t know , but, he must of been getting some mentoring from Ainsley, and obviously been part of there management team sees how that side of the game is done.
The usual route into management is to be an assistant manager then a club takes a punt on an individual and gives him his first chance.
So would the club take that chance? Maybe say right you have got the job till the end of the season and then we’ll talk again. Maybe Alan with an older hand beside him again as a mentor, or he could have an assistant in place .
While writing this piece of speculation another thought occurred to me ,what if it was Alan White as number two and Tommy Miller as manager.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Alan White

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:07 pm

As I said on another thread I'd be happy for him to come back to the club as assistant manager, with a view of him becoming manager sometime in the future. It would be too much of a gamble to appoint him as outright manager in my opinion. But given the right mentoring I could see him becoming a Darlo manager sometime in the future.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Beggars Can't be choosers. We're offering a part time job. Given our situation he would be a good draw in my view.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:26 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:As I said on another thread I'd be happy for him to come back to the club as assistant manager, with a view of him becoming manager sometime in the future. It would be too much of a gamble to appoint him as outright manager in my opinion. But given the right mentoring I could see him becoming a Darlo manager sometime in the future.
Hope your prediction comes true & it has not all come a bit early for him. If I had to put my money on someone to do the right thing by the club, it would be AW who always inspired when on the pitch.
:clap: .