Another one says no?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Lookingbetter
Team Supported: York city

Re: Another one says no?

Post by Lookingbetter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Mills is your man , after he was stabbed in the back here by the club and snake Gray

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Quakerz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Bloody hell. You're a York supporter and already think Gray is a snake?

Just wait until he's spent all McGill's money.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:45 pm

As it appears nobody wants the job then we will have to let the two present temporary
player managers carry on. Wage bill must have dropped dramatically since Gray and his entourage buggered off, which should allow the bringing in of a couple of additional players. It isn't going to take much to turn the season round. We have some good players but our tactics under Gray became too predictable. Give Brown and Turnbull the job till end of season, Christmas at least.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Saturday very clearly showed that we need a manager in to steady the ship and get things organised and let the players get on with playing.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:57 pm

banktopp wrote:As it appears nobody wants the job then we will have to let the two present temporaryplayer managers carry on. Wage bill must have dropped dramatically since Gray and his entourage buggered off, which should allow the bringing in of a couple of additional players. It isn't going to take much to turn the season round. We have some good players but our tactics under Gray became too predictable. Give Brown and Turnbull the job till end of season, Christmas at least.
On what basis? Against Nuneaton we looked as disorganised as ever. Even onewayup said the permanent job is a step too far for them.

This is exactly the kind of short-term thinking we need to be rid of as a club. Giving it to two people with no track record for a few months is not the way to build up the club. What if results carry on as they are? Do we appoint someone else in January?

We can't be promoted because of our ground so there's no rush to appoint anyone. Let's take the time to ensure we have the right person to build us up over the coming years.

I don't understand the desperation from supporters to get someone in place.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:16 pm

banktopp wrote:Wage bill must have dropped dramatically since Gray and his entourage buggered off, which should allow the bringing in of a couple of additional players.

£80,000 or more per season. It's not a secret!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Why not give Gregan the security he needs to quit the MGFA? Seems daft saying that he was part of the team till the end of the season and yet offer all and sundry longer contracts, some with no better track records?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
banktopp wrote:Wage bill must have dropped dramatically since Gray and his entourage buggered off, which should allow the bringing in of a couple of additional players.

Unless Gray spent more than allocated already and the finances are already dodgy!!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:22 pm

loan_star wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Unless Gray spent more than allocated already and the finances are already dodgy!!
If that was allowed to happen then someone would have to take the blame. Someone other than Gray must've been signing off expenditure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Says no? Whise to say he was even offered the job in tge first place. Ceo is out of the country so maybe he hasnt offered any one the job yet

Darlo-and-Back

Post by Darlo-and-Back » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:27 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:

And that was two season ago...

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 pm

It seems like Hardy didn't apply, so surely now is the time to make a pro active move to get him if indeed he did not. Ok, no experience of our level of football but has just about everything else from what you hear about him. Good man manager, players seem to think he is great, used to a limited budget so ours would I am sure seem attractive, teams play good football, improves existing players and has sold some on to higher levels, he s local, etc etc.
Maybe he did not want to go behind Whitbys back and apply, who knows, but surely worth a call to Whitby to seek agreement to at least have a talk to him!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Quakerlad wrote:It seems like Hardy didn't apply, so surely now is the time to make a pro active move to get him if indeed he did not. Ok, no experience of our level of football but has just about everything else from what you hear about him. Good man manager, players seem to think he is great, used to a limited budget so ours would I am sure seem attractive, teams play good football, improves existing players and has sold some on to higher levels, he s local, etc etc.
Maybe he did not want to go behind Whitbys back and apply, who knows, but surely worth a call to Whitby to seek agreement to at least have a talk to him!
Sounds like the Anti-Gray, doesn't he?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
banktopp wrote:As it appears nobody wants the job then we will have to let the two present temporaryplayer managers carry on. Wage bill must have dropped dramatically since Gray and his entourage buggered off, which should allow the bringing in of a couple of additional players. It isn't going to take much to turn the season round. We have some good players but our tactics under Gray became too predictable. Give Brown and Turnbull the job till end of season, Christmas at least.
On what basis? Against Nuneaton we looked as disorganised as ever. Even onewayup said the permanent job is a step too far for them.

This is exactly the kind of short-term thinking we need to be rid of as a club. Giving it to two people with no track record for a few months is not the way to build up the club. What if results carry on as they are? Do we appoint someone else in January?

We can't be promoted because of our ground so there's no rush to appoint anyone. Let's take the time to ensure we have the right person to build us up over the coming years.

I don't understand the desperation from supporters to get someone in place.
On one hand you are saying you don't understand the desperation from supporters to
get someone in place, and when I suggested leaving the present incumbents in place
somehow that is short term thinking.
"There is no rush to appoint anyone" so if we don't, the present guys are left in post
anyway as joint managers.
Quite the most hysterical, paranoid and, nonsensical post I've seen from you.
What is the way to build the club then if nobody wants the managers job?
We can only go with what we have got, and judging Brown and Turnbull on one match is again total nonsense.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:29 pm

Do we have a Reserve Team Manager...

If so, why not call him up to 1st Team Manager...

Or was he a part of MG's band of many men?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bga

Post by bga » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:34 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
al_quaker wrote:And what we can pay is pretty decent for this level. We're not paying peanuts as Gray would have people believe.

I'm lead to believe "management services" were charged out at £80,000 in our last season in the Evostik. Obviously this amount was split between multiple people (now all gone) but even so, it's a fair wedge!
Not sure that is entirely accurate. Published accounts to 30/06/2016 show £72,068 under the cost of "Other staff" this has to be the "management services" you refer to though that term is not used in the accounts. Playing staff costs are shown as £176,755. So these "Other staff" (think we know who they were!) account for almost 30% of the overall Club staff costs. I have no idea if this is a reasonable percentage though so cannot criticise?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Quakerz wrote:Maybe one of the people that turned us down, might still yet wind up at Darlo after further re-assuring talks?
Quakerz, have you been hanging around the Blackwell Meadows balcony with roadrunner?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:08 pm

banktopp wrote: On one hand you are saying you don't understand the desperation from supporters to
get someone in place, and when I suggested leaving the present incumbents in place
You suggested giving them short-term deals until Christmas or until May. That is short-term thinking. This simple thought process appears to be beyond you.
banktopp wrote: "There is no rush to appoint anyone" so if we don't, the present guys are left in post
I'm happy with Brown and Turnbull being in place for now. I don't think they should be given the job until Xmas or May, which is what you suggested. You yourself will need to explain why that is hysterical paranoia.
banktopp wrote: What is the way to build the club then if nobody wants the managers job?
We can only go with what we have got, and judging Brown and Turnbull on one match is again total nonsense.
Nobody wants the job? I'd like to see your evidence to back this up. We had seven interviewees and more than 40 applications. In what way does nobody want the job?

Brown and Turnbull are not the definitive answer because I don't want two of our best players distracted by having to make managerial and coaching decisions. I think we'll be better served by them helping turn us around on the pitch as players. And then we get someone with more coaching experience in place in the dugout.

For some reason you're desperate to have a quick answer so are turning to the easiest solution. That is a weak way of going about things, suggested by gutless fools who don't know what they're talking about. Let's take our time and get the right person. Otherwise it just leads to more problems further down the line.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:02 am

Darlogramps wrote:
banktopp wrote: On one hand you are saying you don't understand the desperation from supporters to
You suggested giving them short-term deals until Christmas or until May. That is short-term thinking. This simple thought process appears to be beyond you.
banktopp wrote: "There is no rush to appoint anyone" so if we don't, the present guys are left in post
I'm happy with Brown and Turnbull being in place for now. I don't think they should be given the job until Xmas or May, which is what you suggested. You yourself will need to explain why that is hysterical paranoia.
banktopp wrote: What is the way to build the club then if nobody wants the managers job?
Nobody wants the job? I'd like to see your evidence to back this up. We had seven interviewees and more than 40 applications. In what way does nobody want the job?

Brown and Turnbull are not the definitive answer because I don't want two of our best players distracted by having to make managerial and coaching decisions. I think we'll be better served by them helping turn us around on the pitch as players. And then we get someone with more coaching experience in place in the dugout.

For some reason you're desperate to have a quick answer so are turning to the easiest solution. That is a weak way of going about things, suggested by gutless fools who don't know what they're talking about. Let's take our time and get the right person. Otherwise it just leads to more problems further down the line.
A quick answer is the one thing I want to avoid if you only had the intelligence to understand written English. But in the absense of any appointment will shall have to stay with what we have got.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:08 am

banktopp wrote: A quick answer is the one thing I want to avoid if you only had the intelligence to understand written English. But in the absense of any appointment will shall have to stay with what we have got.
But that's not what you said. You wanted a formal short-term appointment of Brown and Turnbull.

I'm saying that kind of short-term thinking is what we need to avoid. It's the easiest solution but I don't believe anyone thinks it's the best.

What I'm questioning is why you're so keen to make that appointment so quickly and on what basis you think Turnbull and Brown would be successful.

It's perfectly reasonable to ask that, although you seem to believe your opinion is above criticism. I also notice you're not answering about the flaws in your original argument that I've pointed out.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:27 am

Deano Brown & Danny Mellanby at Newton Aycliffe. Another combination to consider as we seem to be running out of options.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"