MR TIBBS

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Comfortably_numb
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 am

Very sad news. Came across as a true gent on here - I can't recall him having a bad word to say about anyone.

Condolences to his family.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:25 am

Just don't have the words. R.I.P.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:18 am

Lincolnshire_Quaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
The fans portal. Sounds very interesting, are you able to elaborate?

ps. nice idea footifan.
There will be a right time, right place I very much hope.
So do I (very much hope)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:41 pm

The funeral is on Tuesday 31/10/17 in Tbilisi DFCSG have arranged for a signed shirt and programme to be taken out there by his brother John and family our thoughts will be with them.

Ginge01

Post by Ginge01 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:56 am

I just saw the news, a terrible shock to hear about Paul, R.I.P.

He reached out to me a few times, discussing the team via email, I think it's reasonable to say that everyone could see how much he cared about the team, when I asked him about his home life, he started telling me funny stories about his life in Tbilisi, microwaving snow so that he could make coffee if the pipes were frozen in the winter, how much he cared about his wife and son.

I always enjoyed his posting on this forum, a fair contributor who loved this club.

He seemed a real genuine down to earth family man, I wish I had been able to meet him. He is taken from his family and this community too soon, again R.I.P.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Never had many PMs in my inbox but I noticed one in my inbox over the weekend and it was from Mr Tibbs... had to hold back the tears even tho I'd never met him.

RIP

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:18 pm

A loss to the club. 55 is no age. RIP.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Likewise I had great banter with him when the super cup was held in Tbilisi. He wasn't interested in what became a 9 goal thriller! I'm sure his family will be chuffed with those gifts Rob. Lovely idea.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:32 pm

footifan wrote:Totally gobsmacked.
Just gotten back from my UK trip...

Paul was a good friend, we kept in touch over the years even though we were other sides of the world.
I knew him through both football & business... When we were both in the UK he often rode with me to away games.

A wonderful guy with a true love of Darlo, always with a smile...

He took on the responsibility of a child with challenges in life, in fact he flew to the UK to pick up some equipment for his boy ... always with a smile.

* Perhaps we could name an award in his name to honour his name & love for the club ?
Perhaps a Volunteers award for service to the club to be awarded annually or any other suggestions to remember his service to the club.?

I know he would not expect that but would really be a good thing to do.
Those that know me know me know I am also an expat, so it would be difficult for me to organise from here but I am happy to get the ball rolling with a donation.
Any Darlo based fan happy to take on the task ?
How about an award in his name like Mr Tibbs Supporters Player of the Year or Mr Mr Tibbs Young Player of the Year.

Or play a Charity Match in his name once a year

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:10 pm

robsraiders wrote:The funeral is on Tuesday 31/10/17 in Tbilisi DFCSG have arranged for a signed shirt and programme to be taken out there by his brother John and family our thoughts will be with them.
Well done Rob (and the team) nice touch.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 pm

murtonquaker wrote: How about an award in his name like Mr Tibbs Supporters Player of the Year or Mr Mr Tibbs Young Player of the Year.

Nice idea but it would be better in his real name rather than a username off a messageboard, in my opinion of course :thumbup:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:50 pm

loan_star wrote:
murtonquaker wrote: How about an award in his name like Mr Tibbs Supporters Player of the Year or Mr Mr Tibbs Young Player of the Year.

Nice idea but it would be better in his real name rather than a username off a messageboard, in my opinion of course :thumbup:
But would fans have any clue as to his real name and who it was, whereas a good few posters on here would know who Mr. Tibbs was.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:04 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
loan_star wrote:

But would fans have any clue as to his real name and who it was, whereas a good few posters on here would know who Mr. Tibbs was.
I think his family might know who he was.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:55 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Considering he was heavily involved with the supporters group I would guess most people would twig on who he was.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:05 pm

loan_star wrote:

Nice idea but it would be better in his real name rather than a username off a messageboard, in my opinion of course Image
Yes...

I was just referring to him by his name on here, something along those lines would be off under his real name