Beck

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Beck

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:20 am

Would we want to hang onto a player, that would prefer to move to another club? I'd probably say no, if we can get and agree the appropriate amount of compensation.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Would we want to hang onto a player, that would prefer to move to another club? I'd probably say no, if we can get and agree the appropriate amount of compensation.
It's not as simple as that, as York can offer FT football which we can't.

People are going to have to get used to this over the coming years - if we have any good young players, then they are likely to move on fairly quickly as they will be wanting to go professional. It's not a slight on our club, rather it is a career that we simply cannot offer at this moment in time. As long as we get suitably compensated then it's good for all parties.

If Beck moves on, good luck to him. We make some money and he gets a second chance in the pro game. And I think this is likely to happen. If he doesn't move on though, then good, as we get a good striker back (when fit), and he would strengthen our team this season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:22 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Would we want to hang onto a player, that would prefer to move to another club? I'd probably say no, if we can get and agree the appropriate amount of compensation.
I'm sure our whole squad would prefer to move to Real Madrid - until that presents itself as an option for them, I'm fine for them to stay with us.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:14 pm

tezza wrote:Have you mislaid your carer ?
What are you on about?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Dfc I think you'll find he was being unnecessarily sarcastic and it's best ignored. If not this may become a very long and tedious thread.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:56 am

Any relation to Cocker Beck? Thought I saw him in a pub before the game, but possibly Baydale Beck ;)