Bartlett has gone

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

magic1
Team Supported: Darlington

Bartlett has gone

Post by magic1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:08 pm

York have signed him according to their site

Good luck ed

AndyPark

Re: Bartlett has gone

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Fuck sake.

Hello Evo-Stik league.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Not if we reinvest the money in the squad. The board of directors aren't daft. They know the score.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Not if we reinvest the money in the squad. The board of directors aren't daft. They know the score.
I think you'll find a large amount of this income will be going towards the debt.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Debt to who?

offside

Post by offside » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Ffs this is just getting worse by the day

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:Not if we reinvest the money in the squad. The board of directors aren't daft. They know the score.
I think you'll find a large amount of this income will be going towards the debt.
Again hopefully we've got a decent fee for him, can't begrudge him wanting a full time wage.

Let's hope there's enough in the pot for a couple of additions to get us back on am even keel. If not, we will go back to the division below on a sound footing and have another go.

There's more to this football club than this season. There'll be plenty more ups and downs.

Also, what debt are you referring to?
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Spyman on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:29 pm

At this point I wish we'd let Gray follow his toys out of the pram in the summer, but hey, here we are. I can't see this would happen if we didn't have alternatives lined up. If it gets us into a budget surplus then fine.

The rejig was never going to end just because we got a new manager in. This feels like the next stage in a process to me.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:30 pm

We may need an appeal for volunteers to fill the bench on Saturday.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Wright and White need to do things there way and quite clearly some of the players have thrown the towel in (although Bartlett had not).
Replacing a goalkeeper isn’t too bad at our level, finding a goal scorer is much more difficult!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:44 pm

For fuck sake :(

You have to wonder if he thinks he's jumping a sinking ship.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:47 pm

They wanted FT football, we cannot deny them that opportunity.

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:48 pm

H1987 wrote:For fuck sake :(

What is it with Darlo fans?

A player who gave his all for us, has the opportunity to go full time and earn a living.

He's done that. Why does there also have to be some doom and gloom reason on our side? Why not just a great opportunity?

I'll take the money and slot Ed straight in, no worries.

Come on guys, we've lost two players who aren't legends and now the manager can be judged on the players he brings in with this wage surplus at least.

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:49 pm

AndyPark wrote:They wanted FT football, we cannot deny them that opportunity.
But Bartlett joined us specifically because he didn't want full time football!

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:51 pm

BTW if this money is going to the debt too, I wouldn't be too harsh on Gray, he could've left us up shits creek and took the paddle too!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:55 pm

feethamslad wrote:
AndyPark wrote:They wanted FT football, we cannot deny them that opportunity.
But Bartlett joined us specifically because he didn't want full time football!
But now he has left to go play FULL-TIME football.

Have you never changed your mind on something? Fuck me, amount of doom-mongers on here is beyond ridiculous.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:05 pm

TDS wrote:
H1987 wrote:For fuck sake :(

What is it with Darlo fans?

A player who gave his all for us, has the opportunity to go full time and earn a living.

He's done that. Why does there also have to be some doom and gloom reason on our side? Why not just a great opportunity?

I'll take the money and slot Ed straight in, no worries.

Come on guys, we've lost two players who aren't legends and now the manager can be judged on the players he brings in with this wage surplus at least.
Totally agree with this.

Ed was unlucky to be dropped in the first place, and it only happened as Bartlett became available out of the blue, and I’ve got go qualms of putting him straight back in the team.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:08 pm

TDS wrote:BTW if this money is going to the debt too, I wouldn't be too harsh on Gray, he could've left us up shits creek and took the paddle too!
Again, what debt? To who?

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
Even if the transfer fees go to paying off debt we have freed up a massive chunk of budget. We can probably get 2 players for the wage each of the departed players were on.

oilyman

Post by oilyman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:25 pm

hi all new poster. got to agree with spyman, a big loss but best of luck to him ,and i am sure our football club will survive and go forward .the normal darlo roller coaster ride

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Not bothered in the slightest about Beck, happy to cash in on him while we could.

Bartlett I am very disappointed with, our best player for me this season which is ominous enough with the copious number of goals we seem to be conceding lately he will a big, big miss.

No disrespect to Ed but I think we'll be a weaker team without him.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Ed is more than able backup for Bartlett, I thought when he was dropped he was very unlucky, as he had some great games. I'm sure TW will not of let players go without being given assurances about being allowed to bring in suitable replacements.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:24 pm

I wonder if Bartlett couldn't find a suitable coaching job to supplement his wage and got cheesed off with his drop in income.

The obvious solution to this problem would be to get a full time better paid job.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:57 am

I would guess the full time wage they offered him was more than he was getting between us and his current job. Enough more that it was too good for him to turn down. There's also the possibility they'll fund coaching courses for him alongside him playing. Either way, he did well for us and I don't begrudge him taking the opportunity.

If York are still in for Shane Bland then Luke Simpson is a very decent keeper over there and would end up being fourth choice behind Barlett, Bland and Worsnop. If not, would we be interested in Bland for ourselves?
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:55 am

Of course we are weaker without Bartlett, but as has already been said, Ed was doing a decent enough job until the opportunity to sign a goalkeeper capable of playing at a higher level came up. Bartlett's circumstances at the time were that he wanted to combine part-time football with a coaching job. Those circumstances have changed so why wouldn't he take up another full-time playing role?

I think it is clear now that the priority has to be strengthening the front-line. Cartman is lacking confidence/support/a bit out of his depth (delete as appropriate) and Saunders is in his first full season with the first team. Both are similar types of player so we do need at least one other option.

Defensively we have a few injuries but these will clear up. Once Burgess, Brown and Collins are all fit we have cover and competition and between the three of them I'm sure they are plenty good enough.

Midfield is well covered with plenty of options as I see it.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:04 am

No wonder they are selling Chris Hunter mugs in the club shop.

He will soon be the only player left!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Disappointing that he has left but his last interview gave an indication he was not happy with the defence and TW said that the was unhappy conceding 6 goal while he personally was playing well. When he first started playing for us he was very vocal giving direction to the players around him but lately that has not been so evident. Looks like he had decided that there was nothing he could do to influence the results. Given the difference in the club statements between Beck and Bartlett I wonder if Bartlett just got fed up and approached York saying he had changed his mind?

Saying all that hopefully the money was a reasonable amount, (which we need), and I think Ed will be a good stand in, and it gives him a chance to prove that MG was wrong to side-line him.

Being fan owned we now need to expect this happening to our better players with team who have benefactors and willing to pay.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:58 pm

50 years wrote: I wonder if Bartlett just got fed up and approached York saying he had changed his mind?
no. gray (i.e. York) would've picked up the phone to the player and made him an offer. the offer was better than our terms. he chose to leave. end of.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:30 pm

50 years wrote:
Being fan owned we now need to expect this happening to our better players with team who have benefactors and willing to pay.
Nothing to do with being fan owned - even if we had a sugar daddy there would be bigger and/or more financed teams than us who would look to sign our better players (unless Jeff Bezos fancied owning a football club)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Bartlett had a full time job keeping the score down in single figures given our poor defensive showing. He was totally frustrated by the ineptitude and lack of spirit shown on Saturday, in fact Saturday was probably what pushed him into reversing his decision about being full-time. At least we have some cover for that position, in fact Ed W should be thanked for staying with us having been dumped on by Gray when he signed Bartlett. I just hope we have got some real money for Bartlett and not the promise of a friendly v MGFA team next year. Can't blame Adam B for going, but it could be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire for him. Either way, he can be sure of a warm reception when he comes back in January!