New Defenders

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

New Defenders

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:30 pm

With Collins and Brown clearly not fit yet who can we bring in, if we can’t spend some cash Vaulks has to be given his chance. What happened with Josh Heaton, I know he got injured but that was the last we saw of him.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: New Defenders

Post by princes town » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:With Collins and Brown clearly not fit yet who can we bring in, if we can’t spend some cash Vaulks has to be given his chance. What happened with Josh Heaton, I know he got injured but that was the last we saw of him.
we are all lookng at centre halfs but i've become convinced that we may benefit more from a mobile and combative centre midfielder. Phil turnbull has recently aluded to the fact that we are not aggressive enough. Winning the battles in midfield is critical. we have some great passers of a ball but i don;t see anybody who can put their foot in and win the ball. Falkingham was probably the closest recent example.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:06 pm

I think you know full well that is the role Scott plays and has played effectively in the division.

I think you also know when you look at our squad the gaping holes are CB and ST and our most heavily stocked position is midfield.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Scott Harrison isn't getting much of a look in at Hartlepool at the moment. Wonder if they would loan him to us?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Brown is expected to play on Saturday as his doctor has given him the all clear. if he comes through tonight'd training session then he should be fine for Kidderminster.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm confident we are OK at the back once we get Collins and Brown there, with Galbraith at LB.

The issue currently is we try to defend for 95+ minutes every game with zero outlet. Sign a guy up top who can take the ball into feet and we've got a solid back 4. More so with avoiding relegation our only aim these days.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 am

TDS wrote:I'm confident we are OK at the back once we get Collins and Brown there, with Galbraith at LB.

The issue currently is we try to defend for 95+ minutes every game with zero outlet. Sign a guy up top who can take the ball into feet and we've got a solid back 4. More so with avoiding relegation our only aim these days.
I agree. While our defence last season was leaky, Collins is an upgrade on Burgess and I think the problems were often down to formation and lack of cover from midfield. Get the set-up right and I think a backline of Galbraith, Brown, Collins and Marrs should be perfectly competitive.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:07 am

Couple of additions and a bit of confidence and we'll be fine. The only issue is that we've a very tricky run of fixtures so we're going to have to do it the hard way.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:48 am

Wonder what is the latest we can sign players before tomorrow's game?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:18 pm

I think that it is up until 11pm the night before a Saturday game.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:With Collins and Brown clearly not fit yet who can we bring in, if we can’t spend some cash Vaulks has to be given his chance. What happened with Josh Heaton, I know he got injured but that was the last we saw of him.
Heaton has signed.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Spyman wrote:
Heaton has signed.
I didn't think he did. He was all set to, then played a reserve match, got injured (by one of our own players I'm led to believe) then the move got called off.

I thought he was back playing at evo stik level

EDIT - apologies just seen that he did actually sign in the last 5 mins

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Spyman wrote:
Heaton has signed.
Hea! Does this mean I’m in the know :D