Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:12 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
2 players potentially incoming from a fellow National League North side according to the Echo. Deals haven't gone through yet due to said club wanting to secure replacements.

Tommy's former club Nuneaton? Lyness, Gascoigne, Geohaghan & Chambers have all been linked recently.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 pm 

It's a good sign if players are interested in coming from Wright's former club, must mean he is well liked by the players.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:36 pm 

Craig Stoddart has dropped a hint that the initials could be AS and NP?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 pm 

Well if the A & N are correct then I would guess at Jon Ashton & Daniel Nti who are both currently at Nuneaton. Jon is player / assistant manager (centre-half) and started his career off with Tommy at Leicester. Nti is a winger / centre forward who was named in the NLN Team of the Year a couple of years ago whilst at Worcester.

Both players Wright brought to Nuneaton over the past few months.

Could be way off the mark mind!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:57 pm 

Darlofan97 wrote:
Well if the A & N are correct then I would guess at Jon Ashton & Daniel Nti who are both currently at Nuneaton. Jon is player / assistant manager (centre-half) and started his career off with Tommy at Leicester. Nti is a winger / centre forward who was named in the NLN Team of the Year a couple of years ago whilst at Worcester.

York paid 4k to Worcester for Nti not so long ago. Saw a bit of him, he's very fast but has bugger all end product.

If he's the kind of player we're after York have just released Kaine Felix who's in exactly the same mould but with a bit more about him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:29 pm 

Darlo_H wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

York paid 4k to Worcester for Nti not so long ago. Saw a bit of him, he's very fast but has bugger all end product.

If he's the kind of player we're after York have just released Kaine Felix who's in exactly the same mould but with a bit more about him.

Felix unfortunately signed for Leamington after he was released by York.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:04 pm 

Darlo_CR wrote:
Felix unfortunately signed for Leamington after he was released by York.

Ah, shame that actually as he's a fast, direct player who can be a nightmare for defenders as has played a fair bit at this level despite still being quite young.

His problem was consistency and lack of experience, always looked like he'd be an asset with the right coaching and game time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:53 am 

Darlofan97 wrote:

Hope not... Nti is just another Caton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:05 am 

dfcjosh wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Another pointless dig at Caton.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:35 am 

loan_star wrote:
dfcjosh wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Another pointless dig at Caton.

It’s a fact that Caton has absolutely no end product. I don’t mind him as a player but he can not shoot to save his life. I don’t have to adore every single player that plays for us, it’s an opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 pm 

So two to possibly come in from an unnamed National League North club, plus a striker who played under Tommy previously.

Styche?