Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:22 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10924
Team Supported: Darlington
I do agree on Hardy and possibly Purewal to be fair.

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:45 pm
Posts: 200
Team Supported: Darlington
Liam Hardy is a poor man's Nathan Fisher ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9675
Team Supported: Darlington
Surely Hardy is getting a bit old now, where is he playing at the moment?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9675
Team Supported: Darlington
Looked it up myself, still playing for I believe Buxton and he's only 27, so much younger than I thought. I'd have him back if he was interested.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1698
Team Supported: Darlington
Bet Buxton would be delighted if we handed over yet another £14,000 for his services and then they can get him back in a year's time again for less. They could earn quite a decent living out of us.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9675
Team Supported: Darlington
We're probably keeping them afloat singlehandedly!! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 925
Team Supported: Darlington
Amar, Fisher, Hardy, Mitchell!!!

All players who are where they are for a reason, whether that be they are happy being home for tea or after years of club hopping they've found their level.

Cartman bagged for fun in the league they are in, he isn't now and he didn't last season. I remember being increasingly frustrated at Hardy's lack of pace. We need better and I hope Tommy see's that. The player from a NE club could be Armstrong but again I'd hope we had a few more options.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3852
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Looked it up myself, still playing for I believe Buxton and he's only 27, so much younger than I thought. I'd have him back if he was interested.


That's incorrect, pretty sure he is 29/30.

Out of the 4 aforementioned in this thread, I would only look at giving Purewal another chance, didn't get a fair crack at it before being sold.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 2982
Team Supported: Darlington
TDS wrote:
The player from a NE club could be Armstrong but again I'd hope we had a few more options.


Me too. Armstrong (good as he was) won't cut it now, we need to look forward not back.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20544
Team Supported: Darlington
TDS wrote:
Amar, Fisher, Hardy, Mitchell!!!

All players who are where they are for a reason, whether that be they are happy being home for tea or after years of club hopping they've found their level.

Cartman bagged for fun in the league they are in, he isn't now and he didn't last season. I remember being increasingly frustrated at Hardy's lack of pace. We need better and I hope Tommy see's that. The player from a NE club could be Armstrong but again I'd hope we had a few more options.


You're wrong about Hardy - he has proven himself capable of scoring at this level before Gray inexplicably fucked him off.

He's only dropped back one level and is prolific at that level (Evostik Premier). Cartman was good but not prolific at that level - he was prolific at the level below.

Anyway, hardly likely we'll go back in for him so no point debating further really.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 925
Team Supported: Darlington
Watch me be terribly underwhelmed at whoever we do bring in! I might be begging for Hardy at that stage!

Be interesting to see the sort of player Wright thinks we can attract. Will say a lot about him for me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9675
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Looked it up myself, still playing for I believe Buxton and he's only 27, so much younger than I thought. I'd have him back if he was interested.


That's incorrect, pretty sure he is 29/30.

Out of the 4 aforementioned in this thread, I would only look at giving Purewal another chance, didn't get a fair crack at it before being sold.


According to the internet, he was born in 1990, unless there are 2 Liam Hardy's.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 984
Team Supported: Darlington
I’d take Purewal, Hardy, Watson and Mitchell. Would not be interested in Fisher or Dowson.

Hardy was superb alongside Beck at the beginning of last season, but it was clear that Gray never trusted him.

Wasn’t Mitchell given the boot as Gray didn’t agree with his holiday?

Watson was arguably better than Galbraith at left back, but Galbraith’s set pieces kept him in the side. I’d be happy with Watson, or A N Other, at left back and Galbraith at centre half.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1074
Team Supported: Darlington
Beano wrote:
I’d take Purewal, Hardy, Watson and Mitchell. Would not be interested in Fisher or Dowson.

Hardy was superb alongside Beck at the beginning of last season, but it was clear that Gray never trusted him.

Wasn’t Mitchell given the boot as Gray didn’t agree with his holiday?

Watson was arguably better than Galbraith at left back, but Galbraith’s set pieces kept him in the side. I’d be happy with Watson, or A N Other, at left back and Galbraith at centre half.

I would not take any of those players, they are history and why would Watson leave Blyth anyway?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3852
Team Supported: Darlington
Galbraith is a better left-back than Watson, and Callaghan too for that matter.

Mitchell was ineffective as a winger at this level from what I remember last year. No better than Thompson or Gillies.

Hardy tailed off badly last year too, and was sold in order to strengthen elsewhere.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 1512
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Looked it up myself, still playing for I believe Buxton and he's only 27, so much younger than I thought. I'd have him back if he was interested.


That's incorrect, pretty sure he is 29/30.

Out of the 4 aforementioned in this thread, I would only look at giving Purewal another chance, didn't get a fair crack at it before being sold.


According to the internet, he was born in 1990, unless there are 2 Liam Hardy's.


Must be true ha. He's at least 30.

_________________
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9675
Team Supported: Darlington
Ingleby wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Looked it up myself, still playing for I believe Buxton and he's only 27, so much younger than I thought. I'd have him back if he was interested.


That's incorrect, pretty sure he is 29/30.

Out of the 4 aforementioned in this thread, I would only look at giving Purewal another chance, didn't get a fair crack at it before being sold.


According to the internet, he was born in 1990, unless there are 2 Liam Hardy's.


Must be true ha. He's at least 30.


This would say it's true he's only 27!!!!!!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=57940


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1698
Team Supported: Darlington
Look, you can forget about Liam Hardy. He's far too busy with other projects at the moment.....
https://www.spotern.com/fr/spot/tv/peaky-blinders/5516/le-noeud-papillon-d-arthur-shelby-dans-peaky-blinders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 925
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Look, you can forget about Liam Hardy. He's far too busy with other projects at the moment.....
https://www.spotern.com/fr/spot/tv/peaky-blinders/5516/le-noeud-papillon-d-arthur-shelby-dans-peaky-blinders


HAHAHAHA. Class.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 1512
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Ingleby wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Looked it up myself, still playing for I believe Buxton and he's only 27, so much younger than I thought. I'd have him back if he was interested.


That's incorrect, pretty sure he is 29/30.

Out of the 4 aforementioned in this thread, I would only look at giving Purewal another chance, didn't get a fair crack at it before being sold.


According to the internet, he was born in 1990, unless there are 2 Liam Hardy's.


Must be true ha. He's at least 30.


This would say it's true he's only 27!!!!!!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=57940


Yes and he plays for Darlo. They are wrong.

_________________
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 439
Team Supported: Darlington
Hardy is 29. 30 in December.

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/player/liam-hardy/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20544
Team Supported: Darlington
$pend¥moor sign keeper Shane Bland. Funny how often they sign someone just at the same time we're supposed to be closing in on a deal. What odds that we were after him?

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1698
Team Supported: Darlington
Bet they'll be in the hunt for the same strikers as us. They've got Armstrong on the transfer list and Fewster who hasn't troubled the goalscoring charts and got crocked when they dumped the poor bugger into the line-up for a Durham Challenge Cup game.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 439
Team Supported: Darlington
Shocked by Fewsters lack of goals tbh. He's got a good record further up the leagues.

If he's unsettled or unhappy at Spen, I'd happily see us give him a shot here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1074
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Bet they'll be in the hunt for the same strikers as us. They've got Armstrong on the transfer list and Fewster who hasn't troubled the goalscoring charts and got crocked when they dumped the poor bugger into the line-up for a Durham Challenge Cup game.

Completely forgot about Fewster Lucan, god knows how much they are paying him , gutted for them!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12153
Team Supported: Darlington
And to think of all that polaver when Fewster signed for Spennymoor.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1698
Team Supported: Darlington
He's apparently pulling the splinters out of his arse from bench-warming duties and maybe is now starting to jab them into his Jason Ainsley voodoo doll :evil: ... just like Tom Craddock did.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1074
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
He's apparently pulling the splinters out of his arse from bench-warming duties and maybe is now starting to jab them into his Jason Ainsley voodoo doll :evil: ... just like Tom Craddock did.

Wonder what happened to Craddock, has he called it a day?.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Posts: 1391
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
He's apparently pulling the splinters out of his arse from bench-warming duties and maybe is now starting to jab them into his Jason Ainsley voodoo doll :evil: ... just like Tom Craddock did.

Wonder what happened to Craddock, has he called it a day?.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


My understanding is that he’s still at spenny sat on a 2 year deal. Can’t shift him


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 719
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
And to think of all that polaver when Fewster signed for Spennymoor.....

Yes, at the time you'd think we'd missed out on a non league Messi, rather than a boro kid with injury problems and a lot to prove.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group