Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:22 am View unanswered posts | View active topics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:43 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
I do agree on Hardy and possibly Purewal to be fair.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:50 pm 

Liam Hardy is a poor man's Nathan Fisher ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:04 pm 

Surely Hardy is getting a bit old now, where is he playing at the moment?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm 

Looked it up myself, still playing for I believe Buxton and he's only 27, so much younger than I thought. I'd have him back if he was interested.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:28 pm 

Bet Buxton would be delighted if we handed over yet another £14,000 for his services and then they can get him back in a year's time again for less. They could earn quite a decent living out of us.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:26 pm 

We're probably keeping them afloat singlehandedly!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 pm 

Amar, Fisher, Hardy, Mitchell!!!

All players who are where they are for a reason, whether that be they are happy being home for tea or after years of club hopping they've found their level.

Cartman bagged for fun in the league they are in, he isn't now and he didn't last season. I remember being increasingly frustrated at Hardy's lack of pace. We need better and I hope Tommy see's that. The player from a NE club could be Armstrong but again I'd hope we had a few more options.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:03 pm 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Looked it up myself, still playing for I believe Buxton and he's only 27, so much younger than I thought. I'd have him back if he was interested.

That's incorrect, pretty sure he is 29/30.

Out of the 4 aforementioned in this thread, I would only look at giving Purewal another chance, didn't get a fair crack at it before being sold.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:05 pm 

TDS wrote:
The player from a NE club could be Armstrong but again I'd hope we had a few more options.

Me too. Armstrong (good as he was) won't cut it now, we need to look forward not back.

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:08 pm 

TDS wrote:
Amar, Fisher, Hardy, Mitchell!!!

All players who are where they are for a reason, whether that be they are happy being home for tea or after years of club hopping they've found their level.

Cartman bagged for fun in the league they are in, he isn't now and he didn't last season. I remember being increasingly frustrated at Hardy's lack of pace. We need better and I hope Tommy see's that. The player from a NE club could be Armstrong but again I'd hope we had a few more options.

You're wrong about Hardy - he has proven himself capable of scoring at this level before Gray inexplicably fucked him off.

He's only dropped back one level and is prolific at that level (Evostik Premier). Cartman was good but not prolific at that level - he was prolific at the level below.

Anyway, hardly likely we'll go back in for him so no point debating further really.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:12 pm 

Watch me be terribly underwhelmed at whoever we do bring in! I might be begging for Hardy at that stage!

Be interesting to see the sort of player Wright thinks we can attract. Will say a lot about him for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:51 pm 

Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Out of the 4 aforementioned in this thread, I would only look at giving Purewal another chance, didn't get a fair crack at it before being sold.

According to the internet, he was born in 1990, unless there are 2 Liam Hardy's.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:11 pm 

I’d take Purewal, Hardy, Watson and Mitchell. Would not be interested in Fisher or Dowson.

Hardy was superb alongside Beck at the beginning of last season, but it was clear that Gray never trusted him.

Wasn’t Mitchell given the boot as Gray didn’t agree with his holiday?

Watson was arguably better than Galbraith at left back, but Galbraith’s set pieces kept him in the side. I’d be happy with Watson, or A N Other, at left back and Galbraith at centre half.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:16 pm 

Beano wrote:
I’d take Purewal, Hardy, Watson and Mitchell. Would not be interested in Fisher or Dowson.

Hardy was superb alongside Beck at the beginning of last season, but it was clear that Gray never trusted him.

Wasn’t Mitchell given the boot as Gray didn’t agree with his holiday?

Watson was arguably better than Galbraith at left back, but Galbraith’s set pieces kept him in the side. I’d be happy with Watson, or A N Other, at left back and Galbraith at centre half.

I would not take any of those players, they are history and why would Watson leave Blyth anyway?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:18 pm 

Galbraith is a better left-back than Watson, and Callaghan too for that matter.

Mitchell was ineffective as a winger at this level from what I remember last year. No better than Thompson or Gillies.

Hardy tailed off badly last year too, and was sold in order to strengthen elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:14 pm 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

According to the internet, he was born in 1990, unless there are 2 Liam Hardy's.

Must be true ha. He's at least 30.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:30 pm 

Ingleby wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

This would say it's true he's only 27!!!!!!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=57940

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:01 pm 

Look, you can forget about Liam Hardy. He's far too busy with other projects at the moment.....
https://www.spotern.com/fr/spot/tv/peaky-blinders/5516/le-noeud-papillon-d-arthur-shelby-dans-peaky-blinders

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:20 pm 

LoidLucan wrote:
Look, you can forget about Liam Hardy. He's far too busy with other projects at the moment.....
https://www.spotern.com/fr/spot/tv/peaky-blinders/5516/le-noeud-papillon-d-arthur-shelby-dans-peaky-blinders

HAHAHAHA. Class.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:54 pm 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Ingleby wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

This would say it's true he's only 27!!!!!!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=57940

Yes and he plays for Darlo. They are wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:35 pm 

Hardy is 29. 30 in December.

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/player/liam-hardy/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:41 pm 

$pend¥moor sign keeper Shane Bland. Funny how often they sign someone just at the same time we're supposed to be closing in on a deal. What odds that we were after him?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:55 pm 

Bet they'll be in the hunt for the same strikers as us. They've got Armstrong on the transfer list and Fewster who hasn't troubled the goalscoring charts and got crocked when they dumped the poor bugger into the line-up for a Durham Challenge Cup game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:05 pm 

Shocked by Fewsters lack of goals tbh. He's got a good record further up the leagues.

If he's unsettled or unhappy at Spen, I'd happily see us give him a shot here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:30 pm 

LoidLucan wrote:
Bet they'll be in the hunt for the same strikers as us. They've got Armstrong on the transfer list and Fewster who hasn't troubled the goalscoring charts and got crocked when they dumped the poor bugger into the line-up for a Durham Challenge Cup game.

Completely forgot about Fewster Lucan, god knows how much they are paying him , gutted for them!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:47 pm 

And to think of all that polaver when Fewster signed for Spennymoor.....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:08 pm 

He's apparently pulling the splinters out of his arse from bench-warming duties and maybe is now starting to jab them into his Jason Ainsley voodoo doll :evil: ... just like Tom Craddock did.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:43 pm 

LoidLucan wrote:
He's apparently pulling the splinters out of his arse from bench-warming duties and maybe is now starting to jab them into his Jason Ainsley voodoo doll :evil: ... just like Tom Craddock did.

Wonder what happened to Craddock, has he called it a day?.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:21 pm 

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:

Wonder what happened to Craddock, has he called it a day?.

My understanding is that he’s still at spenny sat on a 2 year deal. Can’t shift him

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 pm 

divas wrote:
And to think of all that polaver when Fewster signed for Spennymoor.....

Yes, at the time you'd think we'd missed out on a non league Messi, rather than a boro kid with injury problems and a lot to prove.