Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:00 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3860
Team Supported: Darlington
2 players potentially incoming from a fellow National League North side according to the Echo. Deals haven't gone through yet due to said club wanting to secure replacements.

Tommy's former club Nuneaton? Lyness, Gascoigne, Geohaghan & Chambers have all been linked recently.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9788
Team Supported: Darlington
It's a good sign if players are interested in coming from Wright's former club, must mean he is well liked by the players.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Posts: 69
Location: Shropshire
Team Supported: Darlington
Craig Stoddart has dropped a hint that the initials could be AS and NP?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3860
Team Supported: Darlington
Well if the A & N are correct then I would guess at Jon Ashton & Daniel Nti who are both currently at Nuneaton. Jon is player / assistant manager (centre-half) and started his career off with Tommy at Leicester. Nti is a winger / centre forward who was named in the NLN Team of the Year a couple of years ago whilst at Worcester.

Both players Wright brought to Nuneaton over the past few months.

Could be way off the mark mind!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 1909
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlofan97 wrote:
Well if the A & N are correct then I would guess at Jon Ashton & Daniel Nti who are both currently at Nuneaton. Jon is player / assistant manager (centre-half) and started his career off with Tommy at Leicester. Nti is a winger / centre forward who was named in the NLN Team of the Year a couple of years ago whilst at Worcester.

Both players Wright brought to Nuneaton over the past few months.

Could be way off the mark mind!

York paid 4k to Worcester for Nti not so long ago. Saw a bit of him, he's very fast but has bugger all end product.

If he's the kind of player we're after York have just released Kaine Felix who's in exactly the same mould but with a bit more about him.

_________________
Jazz Maverick wrote:
If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Posts: 69
Location: Shropshire
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_H wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Well if the A & N are correct then I would guess at Jon Ashton & Daniel Nti who are both currently at Nuneaton. Jon is player / assistant manager (centre-half) and started his career off with Tommy at Leicester. Nti is a winger / centre forward who was named in the NLN Team of the Year a couple of years ago whilst at Worcester.

Both players Wright brought to Nuneaton over the past few months.

Could be way off the mark mind!

York paid 4k to Worcester for Nti not so long ago. Saw a bit of him, he's very fast but has bugger all end product.

If he's the kind of player we're after York have just released Kaine Felix who's in exactly the same mould but with a bit more about him.

Felix unfortunately signed for Leamington after he was released by York.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 1909
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_CR wrote:
Felix unfortunately signed for Leamington after he was released by York.

Ah, shame that actually as he's a fast, direct player who can be a nightmare for defenders as has played a fair bit at this level despite still being quite young.

His problem was consistency and lack of experience, always looked like he'd be an asset with the right coaching and game time.

_________________
Jazz Maverick wrote:
If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:23 pm
Posts: 21
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlofan97 wrote:
Well if the A & N are correct then I would guess at Jon Ashton & Daniel Nti who are both currently at Nuneaton. Jon is player / assistant manager (centre-half) and started his career off with Tommy at Leicester. Nti is a winger / centre forward who was named in the NLN Team of the Year a couple of years ago whilst at Worcester.

Both players Wright brought to Nuneaton over the past few months.

Could be way off the mark mind!


Hope not... Nti is just another Caton


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5431
Team Supported: Darlington
dfcjosh wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Well if the A & N are correct then I would guess at Jon Ashton & Daniel Nti who are both currently at Nuneaton. Jon is player / assistant manager (centre-half) and started his career off with Tommy at Leicester. Nti is a winger / centre forward who was named in the NLN Team of the Year a couple of years ago whilst at Worcester.

Both players Wright brought to Nuneaton over the past few months.

Could be way off the mark mind!


Hope not... Nti is just another Caton


Another pointless dig at Caton.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:23 pm
Posts: 21
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
dfcjosh wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Well if the A & N are correct then I would guess at Jon Ashton & Daniel Nti who are both currently at Nuneaton. Jon is player / assistant manager (centre-half) and started his career off with Tommy at Leicester. Nti is a winger / centre forward who was named in the NLN Team of the Year a couple of years ago whilst at Worcester.

Both players Wright brought to Nuneaton over the past few months.

Could be way off the mark mind!


Hope not... Nti is just another Caton


Another pointless dig at Caton.


It’s a fact that Caton has absolutely no end product. I don’t mind him as a player but he can not shoot to save his life. I don’t have to adore every single player that plays for us, it’s an opinion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3860
Team Supported: Darlington
So two to possibly come in from an unnamed National League North club, plus a striker who played under Tommy previously.

Styche?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20572
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
I'd be very happy if we signed Styche, and he has played for Wright before. Can't imagine he'd come cheap though
In the words of Don Logan from Sexy Beast:
"No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no."

7 clubs since 2014 tells its own story.


:thumbup: :clap: :lol:

2 goals in 80 minutes compared to 1 goal all season for both departing strikers? Also tells it's own story.

Just need to bring Brodie in now to partner him :thumbup:

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Posts: 1159
Team Supported: Darlington
At last a striker who has strength pace as and knows where the goal is.

In need of a goalkeeper now though.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1980
Team Supported: Darlington
quakerste wrote:
At last a striker who has strength pace as and knows where the goal is.

In need of a goalkeeper now though.

Yes because it was his fault all 3 goals... Yes the penalty were there were no need to be rash... God give the lad a chance for fooks sake

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
I'd be very happy if we signed Styche, and he has played for Wright before. Can't imagine he'd come cheap though
In the words of Don Logan from Sexy Beast:
"No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no."

7 clubs since 2014 tells its own story.


[emoji106] :clap: [emoji38]

2 goals in 80 minutes compared to 1 goal all season for both departing strikers? Also tells it's own story.

Just need to bring Brodie in now to partner him [emoji106]
Sorry what?

I wouldn't have signed him based on cost and attitude. If he does well his head will be turned by a big offer.

Nor does it change the fact he kept being loaned out for a few years up until the start of this season.

Don't recall saying he was a bad striker.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:58 pm
Posts: 719
Team Supported: Darlington
Styche was different class tonight though should have had a hat-trick, how he missed that open goal when the keeper parried it to him.

_________________
We're coming home, we coming, Darlo's coming home.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1980
Team Supported: Darlington
notgnilrad wrote:
Styche was different class tonight though should have had a hat-trick, how he missed that open goal when the keeper parried it to him.

Not quite it was a good block and should of been a corner..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:58 pm
Posts: 719
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
notgnilrad wrote:
Styche was different class tonight though should have had a hat-trick, how he missed that open goal when the keeper parried it to him.

Not quite it was a good block and should of been a corner..


Ahh didnt see that was jumping up already thinking we had scored.

_________________
We're coming home, we coming, Darlo's coming home.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:13 am
Posts: 811
Location: Scotland
Team Supported: Darlo
notgnilrad wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
notgnilrad wrote:
Styche was different class tonight though should have had a hat-trick, how he missed that open goal when the keeper parried it to him.

Not quite it was a good block and should of been a corner..


Ahh didnt see that was jumping up already thinking we had scored.


I didn’t see it get blocked. I’m fairly certain he was offside but I don’t know if the Linesman would have given it after his poor performance tonight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Posts: 1431
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
I'd be very happy if we signed Styche, and he has played for Wright before. Can't imagine he'd come cheap though
In the words of Don Logan from Sexy Beast:
"No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no."

7 clubs since 2014 tells its own story.


[emoji106] :clap: [emoji38]

2 goals in 80 minutes compared to 1 goal all season for both departing strikers? Also tells it's own story.

Just need to bring Brodie in now to partner him [emoji106]
Sorry what?

I wouldn't have signed him based on cost and attitude. If he does well his head will be turned by a big offer.

Nor does it change the fact he kept being loaned out for a few years up until the start of this season.

Don't recall saying he was a bad striker.


Like a certain Marco Gabbiadini ?

_________________
Fuck off Peter Bennett

AKA Spen666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group