Welcome Greg Mills and Luke Trotman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Welcome Greg Mills and Luke Trotman

Post by al_quaker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 am

Whoever it is, they've handed in a transfer request apparently

Transfer speculation is great fun :lol:

Radar

Post by Radar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am

e4sby wrote:
Radar wrote:It's a positive sign TW is adding competition and freshening things up. My slight concern is, these signings are Midland based players which means a hell of a lot of travelling. I'm fully aware players do travel at many clubs in the league but 2hrs 30mins is a big ask (5hrs there and back) twice sometimes three times a week. Is it sustainable? Probably not.
But they are both only training twice a week instead of 5 times like they were....
Twice a week (minimum) sat in a car for 10hrs (15hrs if there's a home game). Irrespective of the circumstances, that amount of travelling eventually takes its toll either on a personal level or to the point of affecting performance levels.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 am

Radar wrote:
e4sby wrote:
Radar wrote:It's a positive sign TW is adding competition and freshening things up. My slight concern is, these signings are Midland based players which means a hell of a lot of travelling. I'm fully aware players do travel at many clubs in the league but 2hrs 30mins is a big ask (5hrs there and back) twice sometimes three times a week. Is it sustainable? Probably not.
But they are both only training twice a week instead of 5 times like they were....
Twice a week (minimum) sat in a car for 10hrs (15hrs if there's a home game). Irrespective of the circumstances, that amount of travelling eventually takes its toll either on a personal level or to the point of affecting performance levels.
Depends whether they have another job (and considering they've been at FT Nuneaton then I imagine they don't have another job).

If this is their only job then the travelling wouldn't be that big a deal

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 am

Radar wrote:
e4sby wrote:
10 hours in a car over 2 days is fuck all. Each 5 hour round trip would be broken up with a training session.

As has already been said, if Darlo is their only job (or if they have a part time job around it) then I can't see a problem.

The biggest problem I can foresee is if TW gets sacked - suddenly they can't car share with him. Although even then they could car share with each other if there are 2 or 3 of them.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm

It's been clear that since the loss of Ferguson we have lacked a player that can carry the ball 40/50 yards forward, and take on a man. Hopefully Mills can give us this with his pace.

Trotman also should give us something different on the right too. Marrs is very good defensively, but never gets forward. Losing Hunter and his pace down the right was a big blow. Marrs at right-back and Scott at left-back has recently offered nothing, hopefully Galbraith & Trotman can give teams something to think about.

Hopefully a centre-forward to come in still. Either someone with a bit of height or someone with some pace and movement.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Oh, and also in regards to the striker Tommy is trying to sign, it wouldn't entirely surprise me if he goes in for Kabongo Tshimanga who is currently at Boston. He played under Wright for Corby in 2015 and scored 5 in 10. Has 9 in 24 for Boston this season.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Did he score against us a few weeks ago?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Oh, and also in regards to the striker Tommy is trying to sign, it wouldn't entirely surprise me if he goes in for Kabongo Tshimanga who is currently at Boston.
It would entirely surprise me.

Is he from Leicester and can he car share?

I still think that if Wright is going for a player that has played with him at a previous club, and the striker is keen to come, that the stand out one is Spencer Weir Daley, currently at Redditch United.

Other than that - Chambers (who would cost a good wedge, and apparently didn't fancy the travelling) and a very outside bet being Styche.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

windyforce4

Post by windyforce4 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Callum Ball been released from his contract at Nuneaton. Powerfull striker CF ex Derby County. Played under TW at Corby and Nuneaton. Could bea possibility.