Styche is our new striker!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wizardofos
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Styche is our new striker!

Post by wizardofos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:44 am

Quakerz wrote:
wizardofos wrote: I doubt if one level different in the pyramid makes the difference between banging them in and scoring none. If he starts banging them in elsewhere it's probably because they play a system that suits his abilities.
One level in the pyramid often does make a difference between scoring and not scoring and the jump between the Evostik and NLN is quite large.

As for the "system that suits his abilities" I'm sick of hearing that one from all of his sycophants. He wasn't scoring when Beck was the focal point and his job would have been to get onto his knock downs, and he hasn't been scoring since we've tried playing a more passing game. So which system does suit his abilities then?

No, it's not the system, it's just he's less effective at this level against better defenders - no shame in that, it is what it is. Every player has their level.
And I'm sick of this binary world we live in where everything is either fantastic or useless.
I'm open minded about Cartman, if he goes he goes, and if he stays I hope he is more successful. His effort at least warrants that.
Last edited by wizardofos on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 am

If Nathan does leave he has 2 promotions on his CV and regardless of the goals drying up in what is a really tough league, he can look back on his time here with a lot of satisfaction.Looking at the bigger picture, it probably frees up a hefty wage and gives Harvey a big opportunity to progress under Tommy.Really wish Carts all the best whoever he goes to.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:52 am

Anyone know if Styche still gets a regular call up for Gibraltar?

Not much of an issue now World Cup Quals are over, but could be something to bear in mind going forward.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 am

Darlo_H wrote:Anyone know if Styche still gets a regular call up for Gibraltar?

Not much of an issue now World Cup Quals are over, but could be something to bear in mind going forward.
No apparently he's only played for Gibraltar once, had some sort of disagreement with the manager and hasn't been picked since. I'm sure if he starts banging in the goals for us, they'll find it hard not to pick him for future internationals.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:09 am

wizardofos wrote:I'm mystified as to how a part time player can manage a 6 hour round trip to train and play (he's listed on Wiki as being from Sutton Coldfield). Presumably that's at least twice a week.
With those sorts of distances and dedication he almost qualifies to be a supporter!
With all that travelling he's probably entitled to call opposition players paedo's and throw around some sexist abuse at women!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:20 am

He was signed on at Gateshead not so long ago, think up to last season. Maybe he still has a place locally?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 am

wizardofos wrote:I'm mystified as to how a part time player can manage a 6 hour round trip to train and play (he's listed on Wiki as being from Sutton Coldfield). Presumably that's at least twice a week.
With those sorts of distances and dedication he almost qualifies to be a supporter!
Liam Marrs used to travel from Cramlington to Boston each week for training and matches, and Boston hardly's pay out top wages either. That's c200 miles.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:17 am

Wonder when Styche will be revealed as our new striker?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:05 am

Darlogramps wrote:Styche! Aaaaaah! Saviour of the universe.
Styche! Aaaaaah! He'll save every one of us.
"Styche, Styche, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth! And Darlo".

...... just adding to D.G's remix.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!