Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:05 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Posts: 69
Location: Shropshire
Team Supported: Darlington
Quote:
Indeed, it was Nuneaton's decision to pursue Greg Mills that allowed Styche to sign a permanent Lambs deal, after representing us on loan in the 2015/15 season.

Commenting on the signing, Manager Andy Morrell said “I'm delighted Reece has agreed to stay on. He had interest from other clubs but he loves it at Tamworth and wanted to continue working with Mike (Fowler) and I.

This is from the Tamworth website when he signed for them. It certainly raises questions as to why he’d want to play for Wright again if he was overlooked previously.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm
Posts: 926
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_CR wrote:
Quote:
Indeed, it was Nuneaton's decision to pursue Greg Mills that allowed Styche to sign a permanent Lambs deal, after representing us on loan in the 2015/15 season.

Commenting on the signing, Manager Andy Morrell said “I'm delighted Reece has agreed to stay on. He had interest from other clubs but he loves it at Tamworth and wanted to continue working with Mike (Fowler) and I.

This is from the Tamworth website when he signed for them. It certainly raises questions as to why he’d want to play for Wright again if he was overlooked previously.


A bit of verbal badge-kissing there.

Footballers are no different to the rest of us - we may love doing what we're doing for our current employers but the thought of doing the same thing for more money for a different gaffer soon turns the head.

_________________
@tonywaters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3860
Team Supported: Darlington
Ball has re-signed for Barwell.

Got to be Styche we are in for.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10958
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlofan97 wrote:
Ball has re-signed for Barwell.

Got to be Styche we are in for.

Why not Weir-Daley?

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:06 am
Posts: 529
Team Supported: Darlington
Would this be a cartwheel signing?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:45 pm
Posts: 205
Team Supported: Darlington
...or maybe both if Harvey Saunders is on his way to York?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm
Posts: 926
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
The Golden Hairclip wrote:
...or maybe both if Harvey Saunders is on his way to York?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Would Saunders really go to York where his progress is likely to be stalled by not getting much game time under MG? I suspect he'll have more of an opportunity under our current managers than down the road.

Unless there is a hefty pay rise in the offing.

_________________
@tonywaters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7543
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Just as long as we sign him before we parade him round in a Darlington scarf and bring SkySports cameras to our chairman's house to film him pulling up and hugging him...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3029
Team Supported: Darlington
Allan Quatermain wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:
...or maybe both if Harvey Saunders is on his way to York?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Would Saunders really go to York where his progress is likely to be stalled by not getting much game time under MG? I suspect he'll have more of an opportunity under our current managers than down the road.

Unless there is a hefty pay rise in the offing.


Is this a whoosh moment ?

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1093
Team Supported: Darlington
The Golden Hairclip wrote:
...or maybe both if Harvey Saunders is on his way to York?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where have you heard this, surely Gray has enough strikers?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:45 pm
Posts: 205
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:
...or maybe both if Harvey Saunders is on his way to York?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where have you heard this, surely Gray has enough strikers?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Mutterings on The Tin Shed Facebook page so could be / probably is rubbish. Thought it was worth mentioning though as someone else might confirm or deny. It wouldn't surprise me though. He's a decent prospect and York would offer him the experience of being a full-time pro.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1722
Team Supported: Darlington
To be fair to Gray, you can understand why he would want back-up... he currently only has SIX strikers on the books at York and, looking elsewhere in the squad, he's now down to just four keepers (with one of them out on loan). Wait until he really gets into his stride with his signings :shock:


Last edited by LoidLucan on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1093
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
To be fair to Gray, you can understand why he would want back-up... he currently only has SIX strikers on the books at York and, looking elsewhere in the squad, he's now down to just four keepers. Wait until he really gets into his stride with his signings :shock:

He's like a loose cannon with that budget, I honestly could not see an awful lot wrong with York when we played them, god knows what their budget is and gates are only around the 2400 mark.Surely they will go P/T if they fail to go up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9788
Team Supported: Darlington
Plenty of clubs at our level are maintaining full-time players on lower gates than York are getting. You just need a rich benefactor.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:11 pm
Posts: 2419
Team Supported: Darlington
The Golden Hairclip wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:
...or maybe both if Harvey Saunders is on his way to York?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where have you heard this, surely Gray has enough strikers?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Mutterings on The Tin Shed Facebook page so could be / probably is rubbish. Thought it was worth mentioning though as someone else might confirm or deny. It wouldn't surprise me though. He's a decent prospect and York would offer him the experience of being a full-time pro.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The same person also reckoned Gray had part ownership of Saunders, which is of course complete bollocks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1722
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Plenty of clubs at our level are maintaining full-time players on lower gates than York are getting. You just need a rich benefactor.



Just look at Brackley. Not full-time but they have a large, well resourced squad that features a fair number of players that won the Conference North title with Solihull Moors in 2015-16. They didn't attract them with peanuts. Currently second top, unbeaten at home and only lost two all season and last night's crowd to watch another victory... 343. They have an extremely wealthy backer (who used to play for them and went to school in the town) who ploughs the cash in without any fuss or fanfares and doesn't want anything in return. If they were relying on gate money and fundraising, they'd be somewhere deep down in the Glue Leagues (or Southern equivalent).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10958
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
To be fair to Gray, you can understand why he would want back-up... he currently only has SIX strikers on the books at York and, looking elsewhere in the squad, he's now down to just four keepers. Wait until he really gets into his stride with his signings :shock:

He's like a loose cannon with that budget, I honestly could not see an awful lot wrong with York when we played them, god knows what their budget is and gates are only around the 2400 mark.Surely they will go P/T if they fail to go up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
There didn't look a lot wrong with us against York either but look what has happened since then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm
Posts: 119
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
To be fair to Gray, you can understand why he would want back-up... he currently only has SIX strikers on the books at York and, looking elsewhere in the squad, he's now down to just four keepers. Wait until he really gets into his stride with his signings :shock:

He's like a loose cannon with that budget, I honestly could not see an awful lot wrong with York when we played them, god knows what their budget is and gates are only around the 2400 mark.Surely they will go P/T if they fail to go up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
There didn't look a lot wrong with us against York either but look what has happened since then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Were you watching the first half of that game?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4707
Team Supported: Darlington
Can't believe we haven't signed this mystical striker yet. Wright out

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1093
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
To be fair to Gray, you can understand why he would want back-up... he currently only has SIX strikers on the books at York and, looking elsewhere in the squad, he's now down to just four keepers. Wait until he really gets into his stride with his signings :shock:

He's like a loose cannon with that budget, I honestly could not see an awful lot wrong with York when we played them, god knows what their budget is and gates are only around the 2400 mark.Surely they will go P/T if they fail to go up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
There didn't look a lot wrong with us against York either but look what has happened since then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They were all over us in the first half and looked a far better side than us and were very unlucky not to win by 3 or 4. Were you there by any chance Spyman?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 450
Team Supported: Darlington
Well, I was at that game and agree that they were the better side in the first half. But we were the better team in the 2nd half.
Don't really know how they were unlucky not to win by 3 or 4 though. Could say that we were unlucky not to score whith our two very good chances.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10958
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
To be fair to Gray, you can understand why he would want back-up... he currently only has SIX strikers on the books at York and, looking elsewhere in the squad, he's now down to just four keepers. Wait until he really gets into his stride with his signings :shock:

He's like a loose cannon with that budget, I honestly could not see an awful lot wrong with York when we played them, god knows what their budget is and gates are only around the 2400 mark.Surely they will go P/T if they fail to go up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
There didn't look a lot wrong with us against York either but look what has happened since then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They were all over us in the first half and looked a far better side than us and were very unlucky not to win by 3 or 4. Were you there by any chance Spyman?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
And the Salford game?

What's your point? Everyone was very positive after our start to the season. Right or wrong?

In fact, you said the following after Salford:
"What a result that was, good on MG with his team selection and we still have Thommo, Burgess and possibly Feaney(Fewster) to come into the squad.Roll on Wednesday and a good crowd at BM."

So you thought the squad looked good at the start of the season. Just like York's maybe did?



Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 pm
Posts: 179
Team Supported: Darlington
Have to agree with Quakerman on this one. We came back into the game second half against York but first half they battered us and should have been 4-0 up if it wasn’t for some of the worst finishing I’ve seen in years. Time to focus on the positives now...the 3 signings TW has brought in all seem promising and IMO a couple of good forwards and there’s still time to turn this season around (with the right balance of players).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10958
Team Supported: Darlington
quakermass wrote:
Have to agree with Quakerman on this one. We came back into the game second half against York but first half they battered us and should have been 4-0 up if it wasn’t for some of the worst finishing I’ve seen in years. Time to focus on the positives now...the 3 signings TW has brought in all seem promising and IMO a couple of good forwards and there’s still time to turn this season around (with the right balance of players).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree about the York game but I'm not talking about individual games - I'm just pointing out that we looked strong and everyone was positive after the first few games, so things can turn very quickly and maybe that happened at York too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1093
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
quakermass wrote:
Have to agree with Quakerman on this one. We came back into the game second half against York but first half they battered us and should have been 4-0 up if it wasn’t for some of the worst finishing I’ve seen in years. Time to focus on the positives now...the 3 signings TW has brought in all seem promising and IMO a couple of good forwards and there’s still time to turn this season around (with the right balance of players).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree about the York game but I'm not talking about individual games - I'm just pointing out that we looked strong and everyone was positive after the first few games, so things can turn very quickly and maybe that happened at York too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But my original point Spyman was why MG needs to make significant changes to that York side who looked good that night.IMO this is typical of Gray.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 596
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
Can't believe we haven't signed this mystical striker yet. Wright out


Think I spotted him in the queue behind Paulo Mendez in Poundland yesterday.
Well I was on my way to Specsavers :ugeek:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9788
Team Supported: Darlington
If there was nothing wrong with the York team that played us, why then did Mills get the sack? Football has a lot to do with confidence and momentum. York like us clearly lost it and you need to bring someone new in to restore your fortunes and hopefully regain confidence and momentum.

Against York we were almost overrun in the first half, with Bartlett stopping us being thumped. Rarely does a side maintain such an advantage for a full 90 minutes. So we came back and shaded the second half, but on the balance of play York probably deserved to get a narrow victory, purely based on their dominant first half display as the second half was not dominated by us to the same extent.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10958
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
quakermass wrote:
Have to agree with Quakerman on this one. We came back into the game second half against York but first half they battered us and should have been 4-0 up if it wasn’t for some of the worst finishing I’ve seen in years. Time to focus on the positives now...the 3 signings TW has brought in all seem promising and IMO a couple of good forwards and there’s still time to turn this season around (with the right balance of players).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree about the York game but I'm not talking about individual games - I'm just pointing out that we looked strong and everyone was positive after the first few games, so things can turn very quickly and maybe that happened at York too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But my original point Spyman was why MG needs to make significant changes to that York side who looked good that night.IMO this is typical of Gray.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I agree with you - I don't see why either.

I was pointing out that many (not necessarily you) have also suggested over the last couple of months that we needed significant changes, yet barring some injuries we've had the same squad that beat Salford, drew with that York squad, and finished in the playoffs last season.

Sometimes players need to find their way again and rebuild confidence. Gray has never had the patience (or perhaps the coaching ability) to follow that route.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3029
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
I was pointing out that many (not necessarily you) have also suggested over the last couple of months that we needed significant changes, yet barring some injuries we've had the same squad that beat Salford, drew with that York squad, and finished in the playoffs last season.

Sometimes players need to find their way again and rebuild confidence. Gray has never had the patience (or perhaps the coaching ability) to follow that route.



I wonder if Gray felt vulnerable without a financial war chest backing him up and couldn't be as 'in yer face' with the players as before?

Without a big squad and with limited finances he couldn't threaten players with losing their place in the team if they didn't (or couldn't) perform 100%.

Obviously players need a rest too.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Posts: 2248
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Obviously players need a rest too.


They've had plenty of time off this season.

Chorley away, the second half at Blyth and at home to Brackley.

_________________
love it! wrote:
Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Vodka_Vic and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group