Raise the roof

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raise the roof

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Only £4,860 to go! Wonder if we can get this done and dusted by the end of today?
Be superb if we could. The beauty of crowdfunding is that people don't even have to put in much - I'd imagine if everyone who looked at a Darlington FC website today chucked in a tenner to the Ground Development Fund we wouldn't be far off!

I wonder whether we'd be able to get the roof up in time for the York game? I seem to recall that's when the seats are hopefully going to be in. Would provide a nice little target to hit if it's possible...
£3,230 just needed now.

Would be fantastic if we could get the steel ordered and erected by the York game!
Divas might know if this is possible or not. In reality, it will take some time to get the pledges collected.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 pm

They have done sponsor your seat where you get a name plaque on your seat, but how about permanent name plaques for people who stand in the tin shed.

Would raise a healthy amount and a nice momento for people in years to come being able to see their name up there. Imagine being able to see your father, grandfather's mother's or even grandmothers name up there in 30/40 years time and beyond.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Less than 3k needed

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:51 am

Our support is unbelievable! Under £3000 to raise and we were still looking for £25,000 ten days ago. Proud to be Darlington. Well done EVERYONE who has contributed.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:49 am

£2645 to go. Only needs a relatively small amount of people to put a small amount into the ground development fund and we'd be done..!

Alternatively, raising the community shares target by a couple of grand would probably see it finished pretty soon as the investments always seem to accelerate rapidly as the community shares target approaches 100%! (I know people can still invest in them as it currently is, but raising the target slightly would perhaps make that a little clearer?)

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:41 pm

banktopp wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:It's my slogan that has done it... :D
As you are on a roll, have you got another for " building a terrace at the open end"
Leave it with me... 8-)

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm

It's been mentioned before but flicking between channels I saw a bit of U19 footie from Sevilla and the Etihad and those stadia, especially city's made me really envious. Money trickling down, I think not!

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Top up the Terrace.

I'll get my coat.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:25 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:It's been mentioned before but flicking between channels I saw a bit of U19 footie from Sevilla and the Etihad and those stadia, especially city's made me really envious. Money trickling down, I think not!
Need to persuade Darlington Borough Council to host the Commonwealth Games

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm

spen666 wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:It's been mentioned before but flicking between channels I saw a bit of U19 footie from Sevilla and the Etihad and those stadia, especially city's made me really envious. Money trickling down, I think not!
Need to persuade Darlington Borough Council to host the Commonwealth Games
They have the Arena for starters.

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:29 pm

en passant wrote:Speaking as one who would have wished to sponsor a seat but who does not currently have a reserved seat in the stand at BMW, I have wondered why that particular method of raising funds has been extended a couple of times (now to the 25th December) with no offer in sight for those who do not yet hold seat reservations. I note that in all the time this particular pitch has been open only 101 people have taken advantage of it. Is it not time to throw this offer open to others, like myself, who would wish to contribute in this way. Another 100 persons at an average contribution of £50 would see the remains money required raised.
I know that since I wrote the above the fund has gone from strength to strength and it is hard to see the required money not being raised before the end of the month, but one element that is still lagging behind is the sponsor a seat pitch. Since it would appear that those who already hold seat reservations and who want to sponsor a seat are increasingly rare, can I ask once again if this element might not be opened to those who do not already have a seat.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:58 pm

I believe there are plans to offer this, just need a couple of things to be agreed first