Public Meeting: DFC Dolphin Centre 11th Dec 7pm

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tezza
Team Supported: Darlington

Public Meeting: DFC Dolphin Centre 11th Dec 7pm

Post by tezza » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:50 am

Public meeting for all - 11 December 2017 at 7pm - Dolphin Centre, Main Sports Hall.

We are holding a public meeting for all to listen to a presentation of ideas on the future direction of the club, and ask questions to the directors.

If you care about the club, which has been based at Blackwell Meadows in Darlington now for almost a year, then we strongly suggest that you come along, and spread the word amongst other Darlington fans, and the community. This is your chance to have a say on the direction of the club. Even if you haven’t been to a Darlington FC game for a long time or not at all, you’ll still be welcome.

In attendance will be Darlington FC directors John Tempest and David Johnston, team manager Tommy Wright, and members of the Darlington FC Supporters Group board.

Darlington FC Chief Executive Officer David Johnston said; “As we move forward with a new DFCSG Board now in place, we would like to share our views on the current financial position and the options around the potential funding models. The club has realistic aims for this season but with some clear objectives in developing the ground, re-shaping the playing squad and addressing the current debt position. We do however have to plan for next season and beyond and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss these with all of our fans.”

Director John Tempest indicated “We would like to talk to as many fans as possible and with the Dolphin Centre offering room for 900 people it will enable us to outline various possibilities to move the club forward”

The meeting takes place in the Main Sports Hall in the Dolphin Centre at 7pm.

al_quaker

Re: Public Meeting: DFC Dolphin Centre 11th Dec 7pm

Post by al_quaker » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:19 pm

Interesting choice of location. Hopefully the sound is better than it has been at the BM forums!

I guess we might hear what DJ has been working on, as he's alluded to a few times. Hopefully there will be something positive we can all get behind

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Sounds like a great idea and I'm sure they'll be more positive news coming from it, about the future direction of the club.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:26 pm

It all sounds positive from the updated statement on the OS (http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/imp ... y-forward/)

bga

Post by bga » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Seems a very positive move by the Club. I note this will include an update on the Club's current financial position, including the current debt position. I personally would hope the Club's AGM could be held on a date before this Public meeting. It seems more logical that the accounts for year ended 30th June 2017 are disclosed first to Shareholders, and any concerns dealt with there and then. The current and future position can then be debated on 11th December with the full facts, in the knowledge that Shareholders are not going to object to anything at any subsequent AGM. That just seems far more logical and proper to me. :?