Nathan Cartman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dfcjosh
Team Supported: Darlington

Nathan Cartman

Post by dfcjosh » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 am

Leaving the club after just under 3 years. fantastic servant to the club and wish him well in the remainder of his career.

https://twitter.com/ncartman1/status/931832729158766593

poppyfield

Re: Nathan Cartman

Post by poppyfield » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:51 am

Never seems right to me that something like this breaks on social media before been announced by the club, guess that's the world we live in now.
Anyway good luck to Cartman he's been great for the club :clap: :clap:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 am

Good luck Carts; thanks for the memories.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 am

Best of luck to him - played an important role in 2 promotions

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks Nathan for all you've done, hope you have similar success at your new club.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:17 am

Gone to Farsley
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:30 am

Five-figure sum according to the Echo.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:40 am

Darlofan97 wrote:Five-figure sum according to the Echo.
Have to admit that I'm surprised he would command such a transfer fee. Good business for the club.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Have to admit that I'm surprised he would command such a transfer fee. Good business for the club.
I have to agree!

Sad to see him go though, cracking lad

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Why? We paid a 5 figure sum for him.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Ingleby wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
At the time he had around 30 goals to his name in one season. He hasn't been as prolific since and in the last year has only got a handful of goals. 5 figures is good business on current form. Best of luck to him anyway, hope he finds his form again and we see him back at Darlo in the future with his new team. As long as it doesn't mean we have dropped a league.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Popular player one of many who over the years have done their bit and then reached their level.

Good luck to him at Farsley.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Scores for Farsley after 7 mins.....
Come back Nathan

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:24 pm

leedscol wrote:Scores for Farsley after 7 mins.....
Come back Nathan
Or maybe we could drop to that level next season and he can score for us then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Ingleby wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Because he's 2 or 3 years older and hasn't got a great scoring record this season.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Carts always gave 100% and only wants to play every match so can understand why he went. Given the recent lack f support or chances, no wonder he moved on. Glad we got our money in transfer fees and not pie crust Gray promises. Carts is a good player & been a great servant to this club. Hope he continues to enjoy football with Farsley! Thanks Nathan

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:48 am

It's an annoying situation that we have had to bin Cartman to be able to bring in Styche. I believe Cartman would have been fine at this level but Beck was a different player to Armstrong the season before and didn't really work as a partnership. He has then been asked to play pretty much as a lone striker for the majority of this season, again not going to bring the best out of him. It's a shame that we weren't in a position to trial Styche and Cartman as a pairing but guess we are not in a financial position to have that luxury.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:12 am

real_darlo_85 wrote:It's an annoying situation that we have had to bin Cartman to be able to bring in Styche. I believe Cartman would have been fine at this level but Beck was a different player to Armstrong the season before and didn't really work as a partnership. He has then been asked to play pretty much as a lone striker for the majority of this season, again not going to bring the best out of him. It's a shame that we weren't in a position to trial Styche and Cartman as a pairing but guess we are not in a financial position to have that luxury.
Cartman will score in the league below fact, just not quite good enough in this league

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 am

[/quote]Cartman will score in the league below fact, just not quite good enough in this league[/quote]

There's a good chance we will find out if you are right next season. I doubt Farsley bought him with just this season in mind.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Wish him all the best, but i'm glad the management are working within the budget they've been set, and it's clearly been Cartman out for Styche coming in. You can't argue Styche isn't an improvement, and it shows what sort of team we can put together whilst staying inside the budget. We don't need 5 strikers on the books, as seemed to be Grays obsession, to build a good side.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:47 pm

H1987 wrote:Wish him all the best, but i'm glad the management are working within the budget they've been set, and it's clearly been Cartman out for Styche coming in. You can't argue Styche isn't an improvement, and it shows what sort of team we can put together whilst staying inside the budget. We don't need 5 strikers on the books, as seemed to be Grays obsession, to build a good side.
Wasn't it Beck out for Styche coming in? Also how can you/we be sure yet that he "is an improvement"?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 pm

bga wrote:
H1987 wrote:Wish him all the best, but i'm glad the management are working within the budget they've been set, and it's clearly been Cartman out for Styche coming in. You can't argue Styche isn't an improvement, and it shows what sort of team we can put together whilst staying inside the budget. We don't need 5 strikers on the books, as seemed to be Grays obsession, to build a good side.
Wasn't it Beck out for Styche coming in? Also how can you/we be sure yet that he "is an improvement"?
Because he's scored more goals than Cartman at this level (10 to 1 this season), and he has spent most of his career the next division up and has a decent record at that level too.

Think that just about covers it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

bga

Post by bga » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:10 pm

Quakerz wrote:
bga wrote:
Because he's scored more goals than Cartman at this level (10 to 1 this season), and he has spent most of his career the next division up and has a decent record at that level too.

Think that just about covers it.
I really hope you are right, but I would prefer to judge whether he is an improvement by what he produces from now on, not based on the past. That was my point! :thumbup:

bga

Post by bga » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Oh and by the way I still maintain he is replacing Beck not Cartman isn't he, so this is a pointless discussion!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 pm

bga wrote: I really hope you are right, but I would prefer to judge whether he is an improvement by what he produces from now on, not based on the past. That was my point! :thumbup:
Cartman hasn't produced for 18 months at least. You judge him based on his past yet say Styches past counts for nothing :?

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm

loan_star wrote:
bga wrote: I really hope you are right, but I would prefer to judge whether he is an improvement by what he produces from now on, not based on the past. That was my point! :thumbup:
Cartman hasn't produced for 18 months at least. You judge him based on his past yet say Styches past counts for nothing :?
Quite right, loan_star!

However, I agree with bga that Styche is a replacement for Beck, and add that the real replacement for Cartman is Saunders.

Caton, if retained, will likely end up occupying one of the wide forward roles on offer.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:03 pm

Beano wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Quite right, loan_star!

However, I agree with bga that Styche is a replacement for Beck, and add that the real replacement for Cartman is Saunders.

Caton, if retained, will likely end up occupying one of the wide forward roles on offer.
Think I have confused myself here! But if we agree Styche is a replacement for Beck how many goals does he have to score for us this season, to be an improvement on Beck! :thumbup:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:06 pm

bga wrote:
Beano wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Quite right, loan_star!

Think I have confused myself here! But if we agree Styche is a replacement for Beck how many goals does he have to score for us this season, to be an improvement on Beck! :thumbup:
Only about 5, given Beck's poor performance this season.