Worst kept secret in our history

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dfcjosh
Team Supported: Darlington

Worst kept secret in our history

Post by dfcjosh » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Quakers sign Reece Styche from Tamworth

Quakers have today completed the signing of striker Reece Styche from fellow Vanarama National League club Tamworth.

Reece, who is 28, is currently the fourth highest scorer in the division with ten goals to his name, and has plenty of National League experience.

After starting his career at Hednesford and then playing for Grantham, Coalville, Shepshed Dynamo and Chasetown, he established a prolific goalscoring reputation at Forest Green Rovers, for whom he scored 35 goals in 108 matches between 2010 and 2014.

He had a brief spell on loan at Wycombe, before he moved to Kidderminster for two seasons.

He played for Macclesfield and Gateshead before having a loan spell at Nuneaton (when Tommy Wright was in charge) last season, and joined Tamworth in the summer.

Darlington manager Tommy Wright said; “Reece is a perfect fit for this football club and is exactly what we want. Everything I think this club is about in terms of presence, desire and workrate is embodied by Reece. He will become a cult hero, and he is relishing the opportunity to play for the club.

“He has plenty of experience from higher divisions from earlier in his career, and his all round game really excites me. I have known him for a long time, and I know that he will give 110 per cent for this club.”

Reece will make his debut in Friday’s FA Trophy third qualifying round tie against Harrogate Town.

We would like to wish Reece a happy and successful stay at the club.