Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:59 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4710
Team Supported: Darlington
Are our accounts published anywhere?

It's just I stumbled upon this http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... -20151.pdf

And it made for interesting reading. I just wondered if we'd done anything similar (or even just a more basic accounts release) since?

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 896
Team Supported: Darlington
The accounts to 30th June 2016 were published last year. Accounts to 30th June 2017 will be published before the Football Club AGM, date of which is expected to be announced shortly.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4710
Team Supported: Darlington
OK thanks - are the 2016 accounts available anywhere?

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12187
Team Supported: Darlington
All accounts are filed at companies house

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4710
Team Supported: Darlington
Thanks - nothing as detailed as the previous year then?

I'm just a bit bored and thinking about Darlo, where we've come from and where we might be going, turnover etc (this internet wormhole actually started with reading about AFC Wimbledon and their planned new stadium, and developed from there :lol: )

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1065
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
Are our accounts published anywhere?

It's just I stumbled upon this http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... -20151.pdf

And it made for interesting reading. I just wondered if we'd done anything similar (or even just a more basic accounts release) since?



That was published when Martin Jesper was at the club.
1. The club had a successful period with him in charge.
2. The accounts ppublished then were more than legally necessary. Darlington can file abbreviated accounts because of the relatively small size of their turnover ( compared to business , not other local football clubs
3. Those accounts you link to were clearly an attempt to market Darlington to businesses etc to aid sponsorship. A fantastic effort as well
4. After Martin Jesper left, the club was less well run financially and perhaps would have struggled to have someone produce such a great report to go with the accounts.

I can imagine to produce such a set of accounts, with all the reports etc is both expensive and time consuming relative to available respources of club ( both cost and time wise)

Its a shame, because detailed accounts like these make for fascinating reading no matter which club it is. I am sure fans at most local clubs would like to see more detailed accounts than the abbreviated accounts their clubs produce

The professionalism of those accounts you link to show what a good job Martin Jesper was doing and what a hard job it has been to replace him

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1419
Team Supported: Darlington
I am an accountant, the trouble with "Statutory Accounts" is that are historical in their nature, yes you can analyse them until the cows come home, but that time has been and gone, it is where we are now today that is important and the future cashflows and financing projections.
I offered to hep the club back in the early days, along I presume with other suitable accountants as well, and I was told that they had found someone suitable.
I presume that they have someone now at the moment doing the statutory accounts and other returns etc.
I also presume they have someone at the club doing cashflow projections and actual versus budget analysis. This is the information I would be most interested in seeing but I very much doubt the club will publish it as this will be for the directors only which will help them run the club.

_________________
“Steve Beaton - The adonis of darts, what poise, what elegance - a true roman gladiator with plenty of hair wax.”
R.I.P Sid Waddell


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 1:35 pm
Posts: 248
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
Are our accounts published anywhere?

It's just I stumbled upon this http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... -20151.pdf

And it made for interesting reading. I just wondered if we'd done anything similar (or even just a more basic accounts release) since?



That was published when Martin Jesper was at the club.
1. The club had a successful period with him in charge.
2. The accounts ppublished then were more than legally necessary. Darlington can file abbreviated accounts because of the relatively small size of their turnover ( compared to business , not other local football clubs
3. Those accounts you link to were clearly an attempt to market Darlington to businesses etc to aid sponsorship. A fantastic effort as well
4. After Martin Jesper left, the club was less well run financially and perhaps would have struggled to have someone produce such a great report to go with the accounts.

I can imagine to produce such a set of accounts, with all the reports etc is both expensive and time consuming relative to available respources of club ( both cost and time wise)

Its a shame, because detailed accounts like these make for fascinating reading no matter which club it is. I am sure fans at most local clubs would like to see more detailed accounts than the abbreviated accounts their clubs produce

The professionalism of those accounts you link to show what a good job Martin Jesper was doing and what a hard job it has been to replace him


All opinions rather than facts. The facts are:

1. There is more to running a football club than producing nice looking, detailed end of year accounts.

2. Had Dan Burn not realised a just in the nick of time sell-on fee there was a pretty good chance the club would have been in dire financial trouble under MJ's stewardship

3. Since MJ we have managed to both keep our heads above water whilst also moving back to Blackwell and the expense, negotiation and planning that entailed

4. All directors have played a part in getting the club to where it is today and there are likely positives and negatives from them all. Let's not put one on a pedestal just because some fancy looking accounts were produced.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4710
Team Supported: Darlington
Woah I didn't want to start a 'who has been the best director' debate over the accounts!

I was just intrigued to know if more detailed accounts existed than the abbreviated accounts on Companies House, as I found the detailed report from June 2015 interesting. I've seen some mention of turnover etc in the year ending June 2016 so was just wondering if I'd missed something previously as some obviously know more details

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 pm 
Online

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4623
Team Supported: Darlington
Last years accounts were sent out to all shareholders, I guess you could ask DFCSG for a copy if a member. Al send me a PM if you are struggling to get something.

Basically Spen has seized on something to try and make a point which was totally inaccurate, last years accounts were just as detailed if not more detailed than when Martin Jesper was director. I expect the same this year to be produced and sent out.

If anything we probably open up too much detail to the rest of the footballing world due to our ownership model, however it's a fine balance between ensuring the owners are fully aware and the information getting into other clubs hands especially the perception this can have on the club.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1727
Team Supported: Darlington
I think Spen might have written the job spec for the new MD spennymoor are recruiting because the first sentence of the ad says "Spennymoor are the highest ranked football club in county durham." Wonder how they are getting on with seeking new investors and funding hundreds of new seats, plans to increase capacity and maybe having to sort out the giant slope.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20572
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
I think Spen might have written the job spec for the new MD spennymoor are recruiting because the first sentence of the ad says "Spennymoor are the highest ranked football club in county durham." Wonder how they are getting on with seeking new investors and funding hundreds of new seats, plans to increase capacity and maybe having to sort out the giant slope.


They will no doubt be getting on fine because Brad will already have the finance set aside to add to the 7 figure sum that he has already ploughed into the club.

Can't believe that some Spenny fans still think that they are sustainable without Brad.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20572
Team Supported: Darlington
"The likes of Stockport County, York City and Kidderminster Harriers have all gone toe-to-toe with Jason Ainsley’s side this season"

No Darlington then, you cunnts?

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10795
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
"The likes of Stockport County, York City and Kidderminster Harriers have all gone toe-to-toe with Jason Ainsley’s side this season"

No Darlington then, you cunnts?

That statement from them looks like it has been written by a petty child.

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 65
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
Are our accounts published anywhere?

It's just I stumbled upon this http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... -20151.pdf

And it made for interesting reading. I just wondered if we'd done anything similar (or even just a more basic accounts release) since?



That was published when Martin Jesper was at the club.
1. The club had a successful period with him in charge.
2. The accounts ppublished then were more than legally necessary. Darlington can file abbreviated accounts because of the relatively small size of their turnover ( compared to business , not other local football clubs
3. Those accounts you link to were clearly an attempt to market Darlington to businesses etc to aid sponsorship. A fantastic effort as well
4. After Martin Jesper left, the club was less well run financially and perhaps would have struggled to have someone produce such a great report to go with the accounts.

I can imagine to produce such a set of accounts, with all the reports etc is both expensive and time consuming relative to available respources of club ( both cost and time wise)

Its a shame, because detailed accounts like these make for fascinating reading no matter which club it is. I am sure fans at most local clubs would like to see more detailed accounts than the abbreviated accounts their clubs produce

The professionalism of those accounts you link to show what a good job Martin Jesper was doing and what a hard job it has been to replace him



And you knew the cash position in the club during this period?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 65
Team Supported: Darlington
Undercovered wrote:
spen666 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
Are our accounts published anywhere?

It's just I stumbled upon this http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... -20151.pdf

And it made for interesting reading. I just wondered if we'd done anything similar (or even just a more basic accounts release) since?



That was published when Martin Jesper was at the club.
1. The club had a successful period with him in charge.
2. The accounts ppublished then were more than legally necessary. Darlington can file abbreviated accounts because of the relatively small size of their turnover ( compared to business , not other local football clubs
3. Those accounts you link to were clearly an attempt to market Darlington to businesses etc to aid sponsorship. A fantastic effort as well
4. After Martin Jesper left, the club was less well run financially and perhaps would have struggled to have someone produce such a great report to go with the accounts.

I can imagine to produce such a set of accounts, with all the reports etc is both expensive and time consuming relative to available respources of club ( both cost and time wise)

Its a shame, because detailed accounts like these make for fascinating reading no matter which club it is. I am sure fans at most local clubs would like to see more detailed accounts than the abbreviated accounts their clubs produce

The professionalism of those accounts you link to show what a good job Martin Jesper was doing and what a hard job it has been to replace him


All opinions rather than facts. The facts are:

1. There is more to running a football club than producing nice looking, detailed end of year accounts.

2. Had Dan Burn not realised a just in the nick of time sell-on fee there was a pretty good chance the club would have been in dire financial trouble under MJ's stewardship

3. Since MJ we have managed to both keep our heads above water whilst also moving back to Blackwell and the expense, negotiation and planning that entailed

4. All directors have played a part in getting the club to where it is today and there are likely positives and negatives from them all. Let's not put one on a pedestal just because some fancy looking accounts were produced.


Spen.... read and take special note of point 2


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1065
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Last years accounts were sent out to all shareholders, I guess you could ask DFCSG for a copy if a member. Al send me a PM if you are struggling to get something.

Basically Spen has seized on something to try and make a point which was totally inaccurate, last years accounts were just as detailed if not more detailed than when Martin Jesper was director. I expect the same this year to be produced and sent out.

If anything we probably open up too much detail to the rest of the footballing world due to our ownership model, however it's a fine balance between ensuring the owners are fully aware and the information getting into other clubs hands especially the perception this can have on the club.


You are paranoid.

I was doing nothing more than saying what a great job Martin Jespersen did when CEO at Darlington.

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3470
Team Supported: Darlington
Spen always thinks something is a dig at him.

I've never come across anyone as thin-skinned as this faux-solicitor, who behaves like a 15-year-old masquerading in a middle-aged man's body.

For someone who labours under the pretence of making out he's intelligent, to spend your evenings stirring on another club's non-league messageboard really is a pathetic excuse for an existence.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3470
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo-and-Back wrote:
Undercovered wrote:
spen666 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
Are our accounts published anywhere?

It's just I stumbled upon this http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... -20151.pdf

And it made for interesting reading. I just wondered if we'd done anything similar (or even just a more basic accounts release) since?



That was published when Martin Jesper was at the club.
1. The club had a successful period with him in charge.
2. The accounts ppublished then were more than legally necessary. Darlington can file abbreviated accounts because of the relatively small size of their turnover ( compared to business , not other local football clubs
3. Those accounts you link to were clearly an attempt to market Darlington to businesses etc to aid sponsorship. A fantastic effort as well
4. After Martin Jesper left, the club was less well run financially and perhaps would have struggled to have someone produce such a great report to go with the accounts.

I can imagine to produce such a set of accounts, with all the reports etc is both expensive and time consuming relative to available respources of club ( both cost and time wise)

Its a shame, because detailed accounts like these make for fascinating reading no matter which club it is. I am sure fans at most local clubs would like to see more detailed accounts than the abbreviated accounts their clubs produce

The professionalism of those accounts you link to show what a good job Martin Jesper was doing and what a hard job it has been to replace him


All opinions rather than facts. The facts are:

1. There is more to running a football club than producing nice looking, detailed end of year accounts.

2. Had Dan Burn not realised a just in the nick of time sell-on fee there was a pretty good chance the club would have been in dire financial trouble under MJ's stewardship

3. Since MJ we have managed to both keep our heads above water whilst also moving back to Blackwell and the expense, negotiation and planning that entailed

4. All directors have played a part in getting the club to where it is today and there are likely positives and negatives from them all. Let's not put one on a pedestal just because some fancy looking accounts were produced.


Spen.... read and take special note of point 2


Martin Jesper himself has said the club would have been dead had it not been for the Dan Burn money.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1065
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo-and-Back wrote:
Undercovered wrote:
spen666 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
Are our accounts published anywhere?

It's just I stumbled upon this http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... -20151.pdf

And it made for interesting reading. I just wondered if we'd done anything similar (or even just a more basic accounts release) since?



That was published when Martin Jesper was at the club.
1. The club had a successful period with him in charge.
2. The accounts ppublished then were more than legally necessary. Darlington can file abbreviated accounts because of the relatively small size of their turnover ( compared to business , not other local football clubs
3. Those accounts you link to were clearly an attempt to market Darlington to businesses etc to aid sponsorship. A fantastic effort as well
4. After Martin Jesper left, the club was less well run financially and perhaps would have struggled to have someone produce such a great report to go with the accounts.

I can imagine to produce such a set of accounts, with all the reports etc is both expensive and time consuming relative to available respources of club ( both cost and time wise)

Its a shame, because detailed accounts like these make for fascinating reading no matter which club it is. I am sure fans at most local clubs would like to see more detailed accounts than the abbreviated accounts their clubs produce

The professionalism of those accounts you link to show what a good job Martin Jesper was doing and what a hard job it has been to replace him


All opinions rather than facts. The facts are:

1. There is more to running a football club than producing nice looking, detailed end of year accounts.

2. Had Dan Burn not realised a just in the nick of time sell-on fee there was a pretty good chance the club would have been in dire financial trouble under MJ's stewardship

3. Since MJ we have managed to both keep our heads above water whilst also moving back to Blackwell and the expense, negotiation and planning that entailed

4. All directors have played a part in getting the club to where it is today and there are likely positives and negatives from them all. Let's not put one on a pedestal just because some fancy looking accounts were produced.


Spen.... read and take special note of point 2


Martin Jesper himself has said the club would have been dead had it not been for the Dan Burn money.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


The club would be dead without the money it receives as income?

No s*** Sherlock

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7543
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:
The club would be dead without the money it receives as income?

No s*** Sherlock


You seriously don't see how a lucky windfall which kept us going with only a smallish deficit is different to day to day revenues...and how that potentially contradicts your point about the club never being in as good a position financially?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 602
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Last years accounts were sent out to all shareholders, I guess you could ask DFCSG for a copy if a member. Al send me a PM if you are struggling to get something.

Basically Spen has seized on something to try and make a point which was totally inaccurate, last years accounts were just as detailed if not more detailed than when Martin Jesper was director. I expect the same this year to be produced and sent out.

If anything we probably open up too much detail to the rest of the footballing world due to our ownership model, however it's a fine balance between ensuring the owners are fully aware and the information getting into other clubs hands especially the perception this can have on the club.

A copy of DFC accounts are held at QR at Dolphin Centre


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 602
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Last years accounts were sent out to all shareholders, I guess you could ask DFCSG for a copy if a member. Al send me a PM if you are struggling to get something.

Basically Spen has seized on something to try and make a point which was totally inaccurate, last years accounts were just as detailed if not more detailed than when Martin Jesper was director. I expect the same this year to be produced and sent out.

If anything we probably open up too much detail to the rest of the footballing world due to our ownership model, however it's a fine balance between ensuring the owners are fully aware and the information getting into other clubs hands especially the perception this can have on the club.

A copy of DFC accounts are held at QR at Dolphin Centre


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1065
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
spen666 wrote:
The club would be dead without the money it receives as income?

No s*** Sherlock


You seriously don't see how a lucky windfall which kept us going with only a smallish deficit is different to day to day revenues...and how that potentially contradicts your point about the club never being in as good a position financially?



I have never suggested the club had never been in as good a position financially.


I merely praised the good work that Martin Jesper did whilst CEO and praised the detailed financial accounts produced that the OP linked to

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3470
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:

The club would be dead without the money it receives as income?

No s*** Sherlock


Oh dear bozo. You've embarrassed yourself again.

The Dan Burn money wasn't planned for. We were on the brink of financial collapse and struck lucky with money from his clauses (Martin Jesper says this btw).

And if the club had gone pop on Martin Jesper's watch, I don't think anyone would be lauding how good a job he'd done.

This is what happens when you try and lecture people on a topic you know nothing about Spen, you end up humiliating yourself.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3470
Team Supported: Darlington
spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
spen666 wrote:
The club would be dead without the money it receives as income?

No s*** Sherlock


You seriously don't see how a lucky windfall which kept us going with only a smallish deficit is different to day to day revenues...and how that potentially contradicts your point about the club never being in as good a position financially?



I have never suggested the club had never been in as good a position financially.


I merely praised the good work that Martin Jesper did whilst CEO and praised the detailed financial accounts produced that the OP linked to


You're deflecting again, thicko. You've been found out and are on the defensive.

Seriously, stick to talking about bankrolled clubs. Despite your pretence you know nothing about our background.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1065
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
spen666 wrote:
The club would be dead without the money it receives as income?

No s*** Sherlock


You seriously don't see how a lucky windfall which kept us going with only a smallish deficit is different to day to day revenues...and how that potentially contradicts your point about the club never being in as good a position financially?



I have never suggested the club had never been in as good a position financially.


I merely praised the good work that Martin Jesper did whilst CEO and praised the detailed financial accounts produced that the OP linked to


You're deflecting again, thicko. You've been found out and are on the defensive.

Seriously, stick to talking about bankrolled clubs. Despite your pretence you know nothing about our background.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk



Grow up

I have simply praised the work done by Martin Jesper and the detsailed financial accounts the OP linked to.

Quite how you can turn a simply post of praise into anything else is beyond me unless you are paranoid

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3470
Team Supported: Darlington
There's a great irony in you calling anyone else paranoid, given how thin-skinned you are. Which is bizarre for a troll.


spen666 wrote:

I have simply praised the work done by Martin Jesper and the detsailed financial accounts the OP linked to.


I think anyone with half a brain cell who reads your feeble contribution can see there was a little more to it than that.

The point is it's not as simple as you're making out.

Darlington FC wouldn't exist today had it not been for the timely, unplanned Dan Burn money.

And if any business goes pop, no one says "Well those running it have done a terrific job."

So your point is over-simplified and demonstrates your lack of knowledge about the club, despite you lecturing everyone on here about it every opportunity you get (Genuinely- it's weird that you do this, very weird).

Now if you'd engage with criticism rather than calling anyone who tells you you're wrong 'paranoid', we might make progress.

Sadly, I think we'll go around in circles because your thin-skinned nature means you cannot accept criticism or being told you are wrong.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9796
Team Supported: Darlington
I don't agree that we wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Dan Burn money. We would have re-formed and we'd probably be in the Northern League or even the Wearside League, but at least we would still be in existence.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Our accounts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3470
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I don't agree that we wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Dan Burn money. We would have re-formed.


If a club had to reform, by very definition, the previous club no longer exists.

What you're referring to is a phoenix club.

Darlington FC as it is now is the same club which has existed for 134 years. It would have gone out of business had it not been for the Dan Burn money. No arguments about that.

A phoenix club would be an entirely different club altogether. It would be the "heir" to Darlington FC. But not the same club.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], super_les_mcjannet, Yahoo [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group