Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:54 am View unanswered posts | View active topics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

For those who haven't seen it via other social media channels yet, we've recorded a podcast!

Episode 1 features an exclusive interview with Tommy and Alan, along with our attempt to pick an "impact XI" from the last five years. You can listen here: https://soundcloud.com/user-390607800/t ... -episode-1 - we're working on getting it onto iTunes but there's a review process to go through first.

All (gushing) praise and (constructive) criticism is welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
Gushing praise is certainly deserved. Loved the stories from AW and TW, about Dave Penney sending AW out to buy a table tennis table and a dart board and how the team spirit was so tight, and how different it was under Staunton.
Also enjoyed the chat about MGs tenure. Those are just the bits I've heard. Very interesting guys and what would be lovely (which you might even have lined up) would be some interviews with former players just like you did with TW and AW. Sounded like you had some fun too!

Reminds me of the old Clubcall on the phone (but yours is more professional of course guys) with "Keith Robson 'ere". Remember I used to come back pissed from the Mardi Gras and phone up about 2.30 am to listen and get some absolute bollockings from my dad when he checked the phone bill. You have to be of a certain age to remember this!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:21 am 

Enjoyed this massively. My criticism is that I got so engrossed that I stayed up late and got hardly any sleep for work the next day. The interviews with TW n AW were great. Very open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:40 pm 

Brightened up a pissy wet Wednesday morning no end did that.Good to know the new management are well aware of the financial constraints and are happy to work within them.
Looking forward to the next one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:56 pm 

Just listened to the show! Brilliant by all involved! Can't wait for the next one! Bravo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:24 pm 

Well done lads brilliant show, look forward to being on it in the future !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:59 pm 

Maybe I should not say it but being a far away fan I get most of my info from Uncovered, which can on occasions be far from riveting or uplifting! I absolutely loved the podcast, on expletives or asterisks. It was refreshing to listen to over an hour of thoughtful comment. The whole episode was most enjoyable. I am looking forward to episode 2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:31 am 

ron-harbertson-hero wrote:
Maybe I should not say it but being a far away fan I get most of my info from Uncovered, which can on occasions be far from riveting or uplifting! I absolutely loved the podcast, on expletives or asterisks. It was refreshing to listen to over an hour of thoughtful comment. The whole episode was most enjoyable. I am looking forward to episode 2.

Dito boys well done all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:42 pm 

Listened to this today - it is excellent! Looking forwards to the next episode. The interview with Wright and White was particularly good - was great to hear about other things than the current Darlo situation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:46 pm 

Absolutely brilliant!!!

I'm off work in a lot of pain and it took my mind off things a little.

3000th post!

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011