Darlo V Scunthorpe

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LMQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlo V Scunthorpe

Post by LMQuaker » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:17 am

Form table from the last 5 games has us 2nd with 12 points and Scunny 16th with only 5 which is a lot better than it was when we were due to play them originally.

The most important thing for me is we don't pick up any more injuries and that our heads don't drop it we do lose, because they are a good team and there would be no shame in it.

Score prediction: 1-1.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Darlo V Scunthorpe

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:54 am

Our players looked to be enjoying themselves on Saturday. The passing was good and we looked fitter and more positive than we’ve been for a long time.

If we can take this form to Tuesday night we’ve got every chance of another win as top team Tamworth didn’t look anything special when they turned up.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:00 am

What an incentive for Tuesday, a win could take us out ot the bottom 4 up to 18th depending on other results.Who would have thought that two months ago.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:14 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:What an incentive for Tuesday, a win could take us out ot the bottom 4 up to 18th depending on other results.Who would have thought that two months ago.

Joint 18th with King's Lynn on goal difference, my mistake.

LMQuaker

Post by LMQuaker » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:27 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:54 am
Our players looked to be enjoying themselves on Saturday. The passing was good and we looked fitter and more positive than we’ve been for a long time.

If we can take this form to Tuesday night we’ve got every chance of another win as top team Tamworth didn’t look anything special when they turned up.
Good point re. Tamworth. To be honest, no team has really wowed me this season. I think Curzon played some excellent stuff but we managed to see to them nicely.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:15 am

Tough match and I would probably take a point now, as mentioned further up the thread, I feel it is vital that if things don't go our way that the lads don't let their heads drop etc, a win would be an outstanding result but is certainly not expected.

andydarlo

Post by andydarlo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:48 pm

I do hope there is special prematch playlist for Jimmy Dean to listen to
Things like Purple Rain, Raindrops Keep Falling on Me, Umbrella etc etc :D

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:56 pm

I'd take a point if you offered me it right now.

Follow that up with another point at Spendy, then beat Blyth (who are shite) and Peterborough Sports (is that a sports shop or something?) and that'd be a nice haul.

I daren't even dream about beating Scunthorpe.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:41 pm

LMQuaker wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:17 am
Form table from the last 5 games has us 2nd with 12 points and Scunny 16th with only 5 which is a lot better than it was when we were due to play them originally.

The most important thing for me is we don't pick up any more injuries and that our heads don't drop it we do lose, because they are a good team and there would be no shame in it.

True, the squad is so stretched at the moment we can't afford red cards either. Slightly concerned on Saturday when Banbury fluked an equalizer straight after restart & some heads dropped for a while. We need to take those half chances, particularly early on. Wish list has also got to include decent match officials.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:48 pm

andydarlo wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:48 pm
I do hope there is special prematch playlist for Jimmy Dean to listen to
Things like Purple Rain, Raindrops Keep Falling on Me, Umbrella etc etc :D
How about a bit of Travis, “ Why does it always rain on me ”.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:02 pm

jjljks wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:41 pm
LMQuaker wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:17 am

True, the squad is so stretched at the moment we can't afford red cards either. Slightly concerned on Saturday when Banbury fluked an equalizer straight after restart & some heads dropped for a while. We need to take those half chances, particularly early on. Wish list has also got to include decent match officials.
I never saw anyone's head drop after they scored.
They had momentum for 10 minutes after the goal but that is to be expected after any team scores. After that 10 minute period the game was mainly played between the penalty areas, they were trying to use their pace down the wings particularly down their right where i thought Hedley struggled. But once Cornish came over to our left that stopped.and i thought we managed to get on top, just my opinion
Not saying you are wrong and i am right its just the way i saw it. Funny how we see things differently

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:12 pm

Hope Rivers is fit to play as think he has been excellent since he got back into the squad both when starting and as sub and thought he was playing as well as ever he has on Saturday before injury.

Mind you, if him and Liddle remain injured, not sure who will be on the bench. Ngandu hasn’t featured recently so guess he will be included.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:26 pm

Quakerlad wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:12 pm
Hope Rivers is fit to play as think he has been excellent since he got back into the squad both when starting and as sub and thought he was playing as well as ever he has on Saturday before injury.

Mind you, if him and Liddle remain injured, not sure who will be on the bench. Ngandu hasn’t featured recently so guess he will be included.
Agree regarding Rivers, he is another player who has looked revitalised lately. I would imagine if both he and Liddle are unavailable then I would think Nagandu is likely to start, although Lindley could possibly start in a midfield with Platt and Hatfield.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:47 pm

If Lawlor is fit then Barrow to left back and Hedley into midfield for me .He’s played there before,plenty of energy and aggression.Asuming Rivers and Liddle are out.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:27 am

Sadly no Rivers or Liddle. I still think a physio update like we had previously would be helpful. I'm ambivalent about Asante but confused as this was from the Curzon preview: Akwasi Asante is out with a groin injury, but he hopes to be back in full training on Thursday.
No mention of Moke so presume he's still at Ashton on loan? If we show the spirit and attitude in recent games we might just pull this off!

bga

Post by bga » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:47 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:27 am
Sadly no Rivers or Liddle. I still think a physio update like we had previously would be helpful. I'm ambivalent about Asante but confused as this was from the Curzon preview: Akwasi Asante is out with a groin injury, but he hopes to be back in full training on Thursday.
No mention of Moke so presume he's still at Ashton on loan? If we show the spirit and attitude in recent games we might just pull this off!
No mention of Sukar either. The forgotten men perhaps!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:58 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
The match preview actually says that both Liddle and Rivers are very doubtful with hamstring injuries. I would think it unlikely that either would be risked on a potentially heavy pitch with such injuries, but it doesn’t say they are definitely out. Hopefully, we can still put out a competitive team, as we have Salkeld, Nagandu, Lindley and Curry as possible replacements. In the post match interview on Saturday SW said they were working on a plan to play Scunthorpe, so lets trust that he and Terry can find a way to get a positive result tonight.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:55 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:58 am
don'tbuythesun wrote:
The match preview actually says that both Liddle and Rivers are very doubtful with hamstring injuries. I would think it unlikely that either would be risked on a potentially heavy pitch with such injuries, but it doesn’t say they are definitely out. Hopefully, we can still put out a competitive team, as we have Salkeld, Nagandu, Lindley and Curry as possible replacements. In the post match interview on Saturday SW said they were working on a plan to play Scunthorpe, so lets trust that he and Terry can find a way to get a positive result tonight.
At least it won't be one of Baldric Gowling's cunning plans. :roll:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:27 pm

I see Spennymoor play arch cloggers Alfreton tonight. That'll tire them out a bit for Saturday. ;)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:51 pm

Looking forward to this one, temperature dropped though from a couple of hours ago.

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:07 pm

Who got the first!? I’m in exile here and at work can anyone furnish me with a few juicy details?

Darlopj

Post by Darlopj » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:10 pm

Mick wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:07 pm
Who got the first!? I’m in exile here and at work can anyone furnish me with a few juicy details?
Salkeld

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:11 pm

I’ve had to delve into X, got it.

Fuck me this sounds good!

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:31 pm

Watching on NTV this is outstanding so far!! What a job SW & TM are doing, don’t want to single 1 player out in such a top first half performance but, Matty Young’s handling is phenomenal, espec for his age

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:32 pm

3-0 wow!!!

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:34 pm

We have been absolutely superb here, the best half of football I’ve seen from us this season by far, especially as we’re playing a full time team who are second in the table. I’ve supported Darlo long enough to take nothing for granted so let’s keep it up in the second half haway lads!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:37 pm

Is it too ;late for a play-off push? :D :roll:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:50 pm

We can’t… can we? This would be the greatest of great escapes. I thought we were dead and buried but this is incredible.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:29 pm

MOM ….the entire team, outstanding to a man 👏

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:51 pm

I watched the Scunthorpe away league match and attended the FA Trophy match and I can’t remember us laying a glove on them. Tonight we have totally outplayed them, every single player was superb.
Before the match I’d have taken a point but hoped to sneak a win, I never imagined this happening at all. As Heaton out said every player deserved man of the match, it was never in doubt we fought for everything, keep this up and we’ll be safe with games to spare. Play like that and it’ll be 5 in a row on Saturday!