New goalkeeper

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

New goalkeeper

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:39 pm

We've signed James Talbot on loan from Sunderland.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

poppyfield

Re: New goalkeeper

Post by poppyfield » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Darlington have today completed the youth loan signing of 20 year old keeper James Talbot from Sunderland until his 21st birthday on 23rd April next year.

James, who was born in Dublin, has played twice for Sunderland Under 23 this season in the Checkatrade Trophy against Scunthorpe and Grimsby, as well playing for them in the reserve Premier League.

He has also been capped by the Republic of Ireland at Under 16, under 17 and under 19 levels. He also played in the Northern League on loan at Sunderland RCA.

Darlington manager Tommy Wright said; “James is a very talented Irish international goalkeeper whom I came across recently whilst watching the Sunderland under 23s play Leicester City.

“He got his clean sheet on the night. I stood behind his goal in the second half and his communication and positioning were superb. He was very confident claiming his crosses and he distributed the ball very well.

“I am delighted that he is here and he will go straight into the squad for Saturday’s game.

“We again now have two quality goalkeepers whom I expect to really push each other for the shirt. A special mention must go to reserve keeper Matty Bancroft who over the last few weeks has filled the number two role and looks a real prospect for the future.

“On behalf of Darlington FC, I would like to thank Chris Coleman, Robbie Stockdale and Kevin Ball in particular for sanctioning this loan. Also an even bigger thank you to my board of directors for providing the funds to make it happen.”

James is not the first keeper that Quakers have taken on loan from Sunderland. In the 2011-12 season, Jordan Pickford came on loan for three months, and later went on to play in the Premier League for Sunderland and Everton and is now in the England squad.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Darlogramps wrote:We've signed James Talbot on loan from Sunderland.
Guess you used the abridged version Gramps :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Sounds a decent signing and good to hear Wright has 'scouted' him personally.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:39 pm

I went to the reserves v Hebburn recently and agree that Matty Bancroft looked excellent.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:05 am

Well given our defence James, should see plenty of action, welcome to the club James.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:36 pm

If he is in the same mould as Jordan Pickford then he will be a welcome addition to the squad. :clap: