The Chimps

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

The Chimps

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Are apparently heading for stormy waters....

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker ... =2&t=62528

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The Chimps

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Possibly 1m in debt if rumours true, parachute payment halves for next season, academy cash stops after 2 years.

Sage have 2 outstanding charges from early this year still on the club and maybe can't see a positive way of turning the club around at the moment with the above financial challenges.

Although the rumoured announcement could just be a manager change as that seems like something a number believe is the best way forward.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:04 pm

I suggest a whip-round to buy a Xmas present to cheer them up....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Escape-N ... 1902719689

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:32 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I suggest a whip-round to buy a Xmas present to cheer them up....
Not sure if their reading age is up to it. Perhaps a colouring book on balancing finances? Someone might like to give Raj S a heads-up, he loves to help out ailing football clubs!
:lol:

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Looking forward to Blyth, Hartlepool, Harrogate, Spennymoor and York next season. Won't be long before South Shields gatecrash the party.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:06 pm

If it’s true let’s not gloat and remember how bad we all felt back in 2012. It could also be announcement about a new investor so maybe not negative news.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:21 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:If it’s true let’s not gloat and remember how bad we all felt back in 2012. It could also be announcement about a new investor so maybe not negative news.
Bollocks to that.

I’ll be remembering Mind the Gap Toot! Toot!

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:If it’s true let’s not gloat and remember how bad we all felt back in 2012.
After what they gave us?
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Not admin from what's going around, those on the bunker in the know seem to also back this up.

Do Sage want out, seems to be the main rumour but not admin?

magic1

Post by magic1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:49 pm

I’ve heard that they’re up for sale, owner has put a fortune in and still is, £25k a month.
They’re due £85k in transfer fees in January, after that no more money being put in, merry Christmas to us!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:52 pm

magic1 wrote:I’ve heard that they’re up for sale, owner has put a fortune in and still is, £25k a month.
They’re due £85k in transfer fees in January, after that no more money being put in, merry Christmas to us!
Yep that's what I heard although didn't know about the money side.

They want their money back but at the very least they don't want to put any more in.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I suggest a whip-round to buy a Xmas present to cheer them up....
DFC could loan them some silver polish, but that may be too cruel.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:36 am

Darlo Fonz wrote:
DarloDave40 wrote:If it’s true let’s not gloat and remember how bad we all felt back in 2012.
After what they gave us?
We shouldn't gloat too much, as only a very few were complete arseholes, the majority didn't gloat at our demise. When we were desperate to raise funds, some poolie posters sent me money to help us out, but wanted to do it anonymously.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:49 am

There's a statement on their club website now. The way it's worded, I can't really tell if they are up for sale, or whether they are trying to get extra investors on board.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:56 am

Quakerz wrote:There's a statement on their club website now. The way it's worded, I can't really tell if they are up for sale, or whether they are trying to get extra investors on board.
Reads to me like a similar path than the one we were on. My take on Sage saying "we've taken the investment as far as we can" is the same shorthand as we heard before which translates usually as "we're not going to put any more money in"

So, unless there is somebody out there who fancies picking up a loss making club on the decline they are going to fall the same way we did.

I have sympathy for them of course although the thing that always wound me up when we got in to trouble was the insistence they were self sufficient when clearly they were being propped up every year by IOR.

The timing is predictable though and it's exactly the same as Singh with us. Like Singh, they've had a crack at bouncing back up with the parachute money, got to Christmas and realised it's not likely, seen the decline in next season's parachute money and worked out there's no chance. Exactly the same as Singh to within a couple of days.

If their trust has anything about them they'll be contingency planning right now as time will be limited, and they could do with picking up the phone to some people down the road who have plenty of experience with what comes next.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:53 am

It is looking like very much like our demise when we were relegated out of the FL. Singh too was open to investment, asking for people to come forwards etc before he pulled the plug. They may get lucky and find another owner with deep pockets, but nobody good came forwards last time they were for sale.

They have a few advantages over us though - no history of repeated administrations so probably better relations with the towns businesses, and some high profile supporters (I can't think of one famous Darlo fan?). And if the worst does happen to them they've got a suitable council owned ground for any phoenix club to move into.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 am

Having the stadium relatively secure should be a plus point for them.

A lot of our problems have been stadium related.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Looks to me like it's now a case of a White Knight coming forward to take on a loss-making club and pay off substantial debts and, if not, the current owners are going to cut their losses and pull the rug from under them. They go pop and end up starting next season in among the pitchfork brigade.

polam lane

Post by polam lane » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Hartlepool 8/1 (9th favourite) with 188Bet to get relegated.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo Fonz wrote:
After what they gave us?
We shouldn't gloat too much, as only a very few were complete arseholes, the majority didn't gloat at our demise. .

True,Pete.

Talking about arseholes,you stuffing the bird with Sage and Onion again this year?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Just watched Look North about Pools, it's like deja vu with our situation, obviously a number of differences but the route they are going looks like ending in similar vein.

The fans seem split from the Trust hoping to save the club if they have to, but some fans can't stand the Trust (reminds me of something a few years back).

Unless someone comes in to save them, looks like they are going to learn the hard way on what happened to Darlo.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:22 am

To me it comes across that their fan base’s relationship with their trust is more toxic than our has ever been, there’s some deep routed mistrust which must be overcome should the worse (or best depending on your view point) happen.

Even if they were to drop into the inbred league (where they would surely fit in after the first high-6) they would easily be in a much better position than us just because of the stadium situation, and they would be able to better capitalise on on the pitch success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

The Chimps

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:23 am

Sussex07 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo Fonz wrote:
After what they gave us?
We shouldn't gloat too much, as only a very few were complete arseholes, the majority didn't gloat at our demise. .

True,Pete.

Talking about arseholes,you stuffing the bird with Sage and Onion again this year?
What Pete gets up to in his bedroom is his own business! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:46 am

No doubt Jeff Stelling will come to their rescue.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:00 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:No doubt Jeff Stelling will come to their rescue.
Perhaps he will divert some of that money from the SkyBet prediction game?

Whilst I am taking some delight from their current predicament, I would not want them to go entirely out of existence. I mean who are we going to focus on if Poolie go?
No, wait a minute, what about Salford? or York? or Spenny? Darlington RUFC? B****r, the list just keeps growing...... :twisted:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:08 pm

How can they warrant a playing squad of 28 many of which will be full time plus a manager and 2 assistants plus reserve and youth coaches plus a physio.....the list goes on.In addition they have a chairwoman and wait for it, a head of recruitment.No wonder they are losing money, crazy for this level.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Chokers lose at home to Maidenhead 1-2, after being 1-0 up, the natives won't be happy.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:59 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Chokers lose at home to Maidenhead 1-2, after being 1-0 up, the natives won't be happy.

I think most are past caring

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:01 am

If they went bust, there would be a firesale of players & assets , so could we pick up some useful signings? Is there an Poolie player that we would welcome into our squad?

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:47 am

jjljks wrote:If they went bust, there would be a firesale of players & assets , so could we pick up some useful signings? Is there an Poolie player that we would welcome into our squad?
They’re all full time and whilst one or