Community Share Contributions

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

en passant
Team Supported: Darlington

Community Share Contributions

Post by en passant » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 am

Just a request for info on the mechanics of the Community Share pitches. I recently contributed to the last pitch for the new seating and have, last week, responded to a request to pay the money into the DFCSG fund. Just wanted to know, from the previous experience of others who have put money in, do you get any confirmation that the money has been received or do I just hope that I made my payment correctly and the funds have been received?

And following on from that, have we any news on whether or not all the promised funds are now in and the work on getting the seats in can proceed?

dsr

Re: Community Share Contributions

Post by dsr » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:35 am

My experience, from previous issues, is that you don’t get an immediate response. I guess (understandably) there is nobody geared up to check receipts and issue acknowledgements. A little unsettling, perhaps, but I have no doubt that the volunteers at the helm are doing what they can.

Inevitably, some people will pay more slowly than others and, again a guess, I imagine that it is pretty standard that a very few pledges will not be honoured, for whatever reason. I assume that the directors will want to see the vast majority of the pledged money in the bank before they place an order.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:59 am

I emailed on one of the first ones made to the DFCSG bank and the treasurer checked, so you can do that if really nervous but that's me probably giving them a lot of work if everyone does that this time around.

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Thanks for this info. It helps to know what I should expect to happen or rather not happen. I'll assume that everything got to it's intended target. I guess that my ultimate feedback will be when I get a chance to pick up a shares cert, so that will do for now.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Share Certificates are usually issued by post when the promised pledge money has been gathered.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Share Certificates are usually issued by post when the promised pledge money has been gathered.
CS1 certificates have all been collected or posted and all the certificates up to the most recent pitch are ready for collection from QR or fans table before or after the match. Once the most recent pitch is finalised investors will be advised and hopefully as many as possible will be collected as we even have a mule for away games.