You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:15 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4850
Team Supported: Darlington
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Will the 2 defenders sent off on Boxing Day be banned on New Years Day?


Nope. The forward Ainge is though so you would assume Beck will play from the start.

Collins is out for us, so we need a change at RB.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 253
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Will the 2 defenders sent off on Boxing Day be banned on New Years Day?


Nope. The forward Ainge is though so you would assume Beck will play from the start.

Collins is out for us, so we need a change at RB.


I would expect Marrs to play RB, assuming there are no other injuries (and no returns) I would stick to the same team and set up for Monday


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 594
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Darlopartisan wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Will the 2 defenders sent off on Boxing Day be banned on New Years Day?


Nope. The forward Ainge is though so you would assume Beck will play from the start.

Collins is out for us, so we need a change at RB.


I would expect Marrs to play RB, assuming there are no other injuries (and no returns) I would stick to the same team and set up for Monday


Was hoping it was an automatic ban as would seriously weaken them.

Marrs at RB and same again as you say.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10586
Team Supported: Darlington
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Will the 2 defenders sent off on Boxing Day be banned on New Years Day?


Nope. The forward Ainge is though so you would assume Beck will play from the start.

Collins is out for us, so we need a change at RB.


I would expect Marrs to play RB, assuming there are no other injuries (and no returns) I would stick to the same team and set up for Monday


Was hoping it was an automatic ban as would seriously weaken them.

Marrs at RB and same again as you say.


Bans don't come into effect for a number of days, unfortunately for us, hence Collins could play against Harrogate, after being sent off in the previous game.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 950
Team Supported: Darlington
Is there any word on what Trotman's injury is?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1982
Team Supported: Darlington
Interesting comments from Simon Weaver on the key moments of the game. He reckons the first sending off was partly because of loads of Darlo players surrounding the referee and 1,800 fans "baying for blood." On the second sending off, he reckons their player was fouled by Saunders so the penalty should never have been given. But they "dominated possession" and are fired up to "put the result right."
I didn't see any complaints from the first player when he was sent off and none of the Harrogate players, including the one who was dismissed, appealed for a foul by Saunders.
In the return game I think we'll just have to be a bit careful because I can see them making a meal of any challenge that's a bit strong in trying to "put things right". Leesley for one did the most ridiculously elaborate dive to try to win a penalty when he wasn't even touched.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12345
Team Supported: Darlington
Sounds like a strong ref is needed. That’s us buggered then.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1326
Team Supported: Darlington
Need to watch Falkingham with his diving, just brush him and he goes down like a ton of bricks, noted for it apparently.Sounds like Weaver is making excuses, no doubt they will be fired up so we will have to be exactly the same but with a big travelling support hopefully we can get a result, if we do then roll on York.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 594
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Bet not many have booked tickets on line, price of a pint for 2 of us in booking fees so I will be paying on the gate


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2147
Team Supported: Darlington
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Bet not many have booked tickets on line, price of a pint for 2 of us in booking fees so I will be paying on the gate
Where do you drink if £2.60 is price of a pint for two.lol


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darlo_CR, Google [Bot] and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group