Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:25 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Collins ban overturned
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:36 pm 
Online

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4664
Team Supported: Darlington
After an appeal his ban is overturned and now available for Harrogate Town, York City and Salford City.

Hopefully mean we can try and build on the defensive unit from boxing days, good news.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Posts: 1176
Team Supported: Darlington
Excellent news. It wouldn't surprise me if we now see Marrs leave within the next week.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 pm 
Online

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4664
Team Supported: Darlington
No idea how true but did hear Marrs has asked to leave, probably the signing of a RB in Trotman made him think he is surplus to requirements.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm
Posts: 1439
Team Supported: Darlington
Excellent news. And the right decision. Shame the ref made the wrong decision on the day. But we have the Gainsborough players to blame for that.

As for Marrs. He's clearly not in Wright's plans, probably because he's an old fashioned full back, and doesn't fit into the long term picture, so if he has somewhere lined up, makes sense for all parties to let him go.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9963
Team Supported: Darlington
That was unexpected good news, I didn't even realise yjay we have appealed against Collin's sending off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4772
Team Supported: Darlington
Never knew there was an appeals process at this level! Very good news - defence looked as solid as it has for a while on Boxing Day, so having the option to pick the same back 4 is a bonus for NYD.

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:29 pm 
Online

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 1383
Team Supported: Darlington
What a brilliant late Christmas present, same back four for me, even if Trotman and Galbraith are fit, no one from the Boxing Day starting line up should loose his place.
Those lads put so much to that game they deserve to have a second go at them on Monday :thumbup:

_________________
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:33 pm 
Online

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4664
Team Supported: Darlington
poppyfield wrote:
What a brilliant late Christmas present, same back four for me, even if Trotman and Galbraith are fit, no one from the Boxing Day starting line up should loose his place.
Those lads put so much to that game they deserve to have a second go at them on Monday :thumbup:


Sounds like no issues with Styche or Saunders either so hopefully we have the 16 that were in the squad on Boxing Day and we then have Trotman, Galbraith & Portas who may or may not be available.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11023
Team Supported: Darlington
Great news.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 1022
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
No idea how true but did hear Marrs has asked to leave, probably the signing of a RB in Trotman made him think he is surplus to requirements.


He is now in all reality.

He is one of a couple of players we can afford to lose, especially as we could recall Vaulks, or even Burgess.

Any of the fringe players who have suitors can be moved on and it gives us scope to either finance for a first team signing or promote a youth team prospect, with the latter my preference for fringe roles.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 632
Team Supported: Darlington
Great news & some justice after a poor refereeing decision under duress from the Gainsborough team. RB should be Dom's regular slot IMO

Shame if Marrs leaves as he could still do a job in midfield for us.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3864
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
Great news & some justice after a poor refereeing decision under duress from the Gainsborough team. RB should be Dom's regular slot IMO

Shame if Marrs leaves as he could still do a job in midfield for us.


Trotman looks more than good enough to make that right-back spot his own, Collins is just filling in as he is injured.

Marrs has also never played in midfield for us, ever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:34 am 
Online

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 1383
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlofan97 wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Great news & some justice after a poor refereeing decision under duress from the Gainsborough team. RB should be Dom's regular slot IMO

Shame if Marrs leaves as he could still do a job in midfield for us.


Trotman looks more than good enough to make that right-back spot his own, Collins is just filling in as he is injured.

Marrs has also never played in midfield for us, ever.


Agree Trotman looks a good player, however having Collins at RB imo gives us an overall better back 4, it allows us to play Collins Heaton and Brown Scott/Galbraith which gives us more height, for the first time in ages we looked solid at back, Trotman is probably better at going forward than Collins, but defensively Collins has the edge.
I would keep it the same as the Harrogate game, let the players who are on the bench/coming back from injury fight for there place in the starting 11.

_________________
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm
Posts: 85
Team Supported: Darlington
Whilst generally in agreement over the idea of playing the same back four for the next match if there are no improvements in the injury situation, I think the promotion of Collins to being a first choice right back is a little premature. He had a pretty solid game in the Boxing Day win but looking at the match highlights it seems clear that he failed to track back with Ainge that allowed him to score. It would be harsh to say that he couldn't make an excellent full back based on that one situation, but as has been pointed out several times by the management, it is these odd lapses in concentration that have killed several promising performances under W&W.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 906
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
Never knew there was an appeals process at this level! Very good news - defence looked as solid as it has for a while on Boxing Day, so having the option to pick the same back 4 is a bonus for NYD.

Presume The Appeal committee looked at video footage of the incident? If so maybe not such a bad idea by the League after all to "insist" all games were recorded for them? (Remember the thread at the start of the season?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 632
Team Supported: Darlington
poppyfield wrote:
What a brilliant late Christmas present, same back four for me, even if Trotman and Galbraith are fit, no one from the Boxing Day starting line up should loose his place.
Those lads put so much to that game they deserve to have a second go at them on Monday :thumbup:


Yes, totally agree. Would love to be able to start the same team and get another 3 points


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 604
Team Supported: Darlington
en passant wrote:
Whilst generally in agreement over the idea of playing the same back four for the next match if there are no improvements in the injury situation, I think the promotion of Collins to being a first choice right back is a little premature. He had a pretty solid game in the Boxing Day win but looking at the match highlights it seems clear that he failed to track back with Ainge that allowed him to score. It would be harsh to say that he couldn't make an excellent full back based on that one situation, but as has been pointed out several times by the management, it is these odd lapses in concentration that have killed several promising performances under W&W.

It should never be a full backs job to 'track back' with the centre forward. Dom Collins job was look after their No. 11, which he did admirably. It was Josh Heaton's job to pick up Simon Ainge and as you can see from the video clip. Unfortunately Josh momentarily lost concentration and this resulted in an exchange of words between Josh and Dom immediately after Ainge scored.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:15 am 
Online

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4664
Team Supported: Darlington
Heaton had followed Collins man Leesley out of position further forward whilst Ainge stayed forward, whether this was a moment where Heaton and Collins had swapped men I am not sure, looks like they didn't talk.

Heaton probably should have stayed back but Collins should have seen what was happening and picked up Ainge. If both had been more aware and talked they may have avoided the goal.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], poppyfield, quakerlady, super_les_mcjannet and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group