You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:47 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4162
Team Supported: Darlington
Quick look on the DFCSG website shows there are regular buses from the Town Centre to Blackwell up to kick off and plenty the other way after full time. At least six an hour.

And as pointed out, you can also get a taxi. Or get a lift.

I don't doubt that people are saying this is a reason for not going, but there are plenty of ways to get to the ground without walking. It just smacks of looking for excuses.

If the club laid on personal chauffeurs for every supporter, some would still come up with excuses not to go.

And anyone who uses "no Sky Sports in the clubhouse" as an excuse deserves a slap.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 676
Team Supported: Darlington
DFCSG website states that there are buses from the town at 2pm, 2.04pm, 2.20pm, 2.34pm, 2.35pm, 2.40pm. 6 buses in the hour leading up to kick-off, 3 of which pick up from the station on the way. Looks pretty good to me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:08 am
Posts: 184
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
DFCSG website states that there are buses from the town at 2pm, 2.04pm, 2.20pm, 2.34pm, 2.35pm, 2.40pm. 6 buses in the hour leading up to kick-off, 3 of which pick up from the station on the way. Looks pretty good to me.
Yeah...

Bus Services are pretty good up to Blackwell, and interchange times are pretty good too, I get off the 1 on Tubwell Row, head to the Town Hall and never wait more than 5 minutes for a Bus...

The Hurworth Bus goes up past Sainsburys and is 20 minutes I think and the Catterick Bus goes up past the Station every 20 minutes...

I also think the 3/3A/3B also stops nearby round South Park every 10 minutes...

I am not sure Shuttle Buses would be beneficial when there is plenty options already

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
they aren't the ruins of a failed Football League club.

That's because they have never been anywhere near the FL.

Correct - the current Darlington team haven't and never will be anywhere near the FL


You seem to be misinformed.

Our club has spent most of it's history in the FL.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:08 am
Posts: 184
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo
Quakerz wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
they aren't the ruins of a failed Football League club.

That's because they have never been anywhere near the FL.

Correct - the current Darlington team haven't and never will be anywhere near the FL


You seem to be misinformed.

Our club has spent most of it's history in the FL.
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 763
Team Supported: Darlington
Honestly, if folk can't be bothered to walk to Blackwell from the town (far closer than the Arena was), then i'd say they're unlikely to be bothered to stand around on a terrace watching us.

I suspect there is a problem with the perceived experience. I hate to think that for a few, it was probably soured at the first game back in Darlo, and they haven't been back since. We need to create a professional image for the club. A presence beyond the foyer at the Dolphin Centre in the town centre might be a good start - a shop, selling match tickets also, with a presence on the high street, where the badge is visible. There must be a cheap store available somewhere. Beyond that, an increased professionalism on a match day; an extra food outlet, staff (volunteers) in Darlington FC branded clothing... I don't know. Little things, that don't cost huge amounts of money. Sky in the bar, and some Darlington FC stuff up n there on a match day so it feels a little more like home. Increase the professionalism and i reckon you improve the match day experience, the perception of the club, and get folks coming back with increase regularity.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11100
Team Supported: Darlington
The missing crowds, can't be put down to one specific thing, it's a combination of factors which we all know about. Personally I'd have thought people not being bothered to walk to BM, as one of the less significant excuses, especially when they're are regular buses to and from the town centre.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:38 pm
Posts: 73
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
I thought spendymore were born out of the financial ruins of two football clubs with a relocation ala MK Dons. Better hope Brad doesnt one day say the seven figure sum was all just a loan.

not quite mate - one teams financial ruin (Spenny) and one teams chairman/manager seeing whats happening there and thinking " nice ground/decent fanbase at NL level, I'll fold my team (without giving anyone the opportunity to carry on without him) and walk into the Brewery Field, which he did - until they got rid of him when they realised what a despot he was :crazy:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Posts: 672
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)
darlodaz wrote:
one reason for sure why people don't attend is there is no (regular) shuttle bus service to and from Blackwell lets say 1 hour before and 1 hour after the match and on a cold day its a fair hike for some people who just choose to stay in the pub and have a pint where its warm.

You can also add to the list that the clubhouse leaves a fair bit to be desired ie long ques no sky sports cant even have a bloody piss in there without a card to get past overzealous security.

Plenty of times I along with others have not attended for these reasons above.

True you cant keep us all happy and they might be crap and fickle reasons for picking and choosing matches but there we go.

ps i don't want to get into any debate about whether I am right or wrong I've just added this post because someone asked why some people don't attend as often and i have given a couple of my reasons.


I know a lot of people who won't go because of the rugby club (whether that's perceptions or not - I do happen to think it's cutting off noses to spite faces). Prices seems to be another one... the only way to find out would be to target a game and cut prices, flood social media with the message that prices have been reduced for that game then see what reaction we get... Notts Co did this and filled their ground... Bradford cut prices a few years ago and their attendances have rocketed... 8k increase in their average in 5 years.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:51 am 
Online

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11163
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Notts County didn’t even get close to breaking even. Sure the chairman said it was less than 50% than what they normally get on a Matchday.

Next game they didn’t get an increase on crowds and went down to 4000 from 18000.

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWDDDDLLL


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 763
Team Supported: Darlington
Targeted fan days could work, sure, where we offer cheaper tickets for the odd game. If we had a few more seats, we could try giving some tickets away to schools in the town, but right now we want to be able to sell what we have.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm
Posts: 975
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
H1987 wrote:
Targeted fan days could work, sure, where we offer cheaper tickets for the odd game. If we had a few more seats, we could try giving some tickets away to schools in the town, but right now we want to be able to sell what we have.


Plans are in place to offer discounted tickets in schools and to re-introduce the club to those schools. Contact has been made, discussions started and we are at the stage of actively setting dates for the management team, players, club officials and Mr Q to attend a couple of assemblies and potentially another, non-assembly event.

DFC and the DFCSG Board are on the case and full details will be coming out in the not too distant future.

_________________
@tonywaters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5097
Team Supported: Darlington
H1987 wrote:
Beyond that, an increased professionalism on a match day; an extra food outlet, staff (volunteers) in Darlington FC branded clothing... I don't know. Little things, that don't cost huge amounts of money. Sky in the bar, and some Darlington FC stuff up n there on a match day so it feels a little more like home. Increase the professionalism and i reckon you improve the match day experience, the perception of the club, and get folks coming back with increase regularity.


My thoughts pretty much. If we can project a more professional appearance I think it would be a huge help in attracting (and keeping) more fans

Allan Quatermain wrote:

Plans are in place to offer discounted tickets in schools and to re-introduce the club to those schools. Contact has been made, discussions started and we are at the stage of actively setting dates for the management team, players, club officials and Mr Q to attend a couple of assemblies and potentially another, non-assembly event.

DFC and the DFCSG Board are on the case and full details will be coming out in the not too distant future.

That's great to hear :thumbup:

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 391
Team Supported: Darlington
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
they aren't the ruins of a failed Football League club.

That's because they have never been anywhere near the FL.

Correct - the current Darlington team haven't and never will be anywhere near the FL


Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlington_F.C. or http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/history/brief-history/. Get one of your grandchildren to explain the long words to you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4995
Team Supported: Darlington
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
darlodaz wrote:
one reason for sure why people don't attend is there is no (regular) shuttle bus service to and from Blackwell lets say 1 hour before and 1 hour after the match and on a cold day its a fair hike for some people who just choose to stay in the pub and have a pint where its warm.

You can also add to the list that the clubhouse leaves a fair bit to be desired ie long ques no sky sports cant even have a bloody piss in there without a card to get past overzealous security.

Plenty of times I along with others have not attended for these reasons above.

True you cant keep us all happy and they might be crap and fickle reasons for picking and choosing matches but there we go.

ps i don't want to get into any debate about whether I am right or wrong I've just added this post because someone asked why some people don't attend as often and i have given a couple of my reasons.


I know a lot of people who won't go because of the rugby club (whether that's perceptions or not - I do happen to think it's cutting off noses to spite faces). Prices seems to be another one... the only way to find out would be to target a game and cut prices, flood social media with the message that prices have been reduced for that game then see what reaction we get... Notts Co did this and filled their ground... Bradford cut prices a few years ago and their attendances have rocketed... 8k increase in their average in 5 years.


I don't believe many who have decided they don't like it because of the Rugby Club could be convinced to come back really. It would need either those fans to accept the Rugby Club are really in charge or the Rugby Club to pretty much hand over the club to us every time we are there, neither will happen and the bottom line is we are tenants and nothing short term will change this.

Price won't massively change things either, maybe the odd increase but the downfall in terms of revenue then not a lot of point risking it for a season or so.

Also in terms of price, not much point really doing a large one off offer as once we have 2k in the ground the view is poor and they don't want to come back for another game after that.

Infrastructure in the ground is what is needed but this is a long term view, small changes now like catering, Football in the bar etc. and as the Club/DFCSG are doing, good use of the new seats are excellent progress.

Next steps is something down the open/away end for me, 30k was mooted as a price to take down, move to BM and put back up, not sure how accurate that is but that's with no roof.

To improve things it's going to cost and it's whether that is wasted money or worth the spend to improve the match day experience.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5786
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
H1987 wrote:
Beyond that, an increased professionalism on a match day; an extra food outlet, staff (volunteers) in Darlington FC branded clothing... I don't know. Little things, that don't cost huge amounts of money. Sky in the bar, and some Darlington FC stuff up n there on a match day so it feels a little more like home. Increase the professionalism and i reckon you improve the match day experience, the perception of the club, and get folks coming back with increase regularity.


My thoughts pretty much. If we can project a more professional appearance I think it would be a huge help in attracting (and keeping) more fans


Something seriously needs doing about the food service. On saturday I went to the shed for something to eat, there was a lass there with a lad helping who didn't seem to know what to do about anything so it left the lass having to tell him what to do every time, he wouldn't even take money! Took 5 minutes to get served when there was only 3 people ahead of me in the queue. It really isn't good enough. Bring back the burger van with more choice and above all HOT food!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11100
Team Supported: Darlington
My lad wanted a pint at half-time and joined the queue before the end of the first half. Was finally served just as the second half was kicking off. Many people were just pushing in on the right hand side of the bar, not good. At least the rugby was on TV!!! :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1452
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
My lad wanted a pint at half-time and joined the queue before the end of the first half. Was finally served just as the second half was kicking off. Many people were just pushing in on the right hand side of the bar, not good. At least the rugby was on TV!!! [emoji107]

The problem with the rugby staff is they are not capable of handling large crowds, one man and a dog is all they are used to and all these stupid rules regarding timescales for finishing drinks is just pathetic.Yet again the back lounge was not available to Darlo fans even though we have paid £30 for the facility, probably the 3rd time at least this has happened. Just getting fed up with the rugby lot with this them and us attitude and getting the point across that they hold all the aces still.And I haven't even mentioned signage yet or lack of it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 801
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
My lad wanted a pint at half-time and joined the queue before the end of the first half. Was finally served just as the second half was kicking off. Many people were just pushing in on the right hand side of the bar, not good. At least the rugby was on TV!!! [emoji107]

The problem with the rugby staff is they are not capable of handling large crowds, one man and a dog is all they are used to and all these stupid rules regarding timescales for finishing drinks is just pathetic.Yet again the back lounge was not available to Darlo fans even though we have paid £30 for the facility, probably the 3rd time at least this has happened. Just getting fed up with the rugby lot with this them and us attitude and getting the point across that they hold all the aces still.And I haven't even mentioned signage yet or lack of it.

Sent from my XT91032 using Tapatalk


This is why I'm glad we have achieved getting the ground standard to just what is required for this level and the next - nothing more. I'm intrigued as to the sports hub idea down the road and if it comes to fruition, dependent on the terms, I would seriously consider it. The rugby club may be our landlords but so were BAFC and what a difference in relationships - granted we share with a different sport with differing attitudes - but at the moment if I was a tenant I would be looking at alternatives if there were some.

Limited signage, limited access to facilities, while we spend money on improving the ground. To me it's just take, take, take from the rugby club and we have no say in the matter, I'm sorry but this is not a fair partnership.

_________________
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Posts: 1279
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
My lad wanted a pint at half-time and joined the queue before the end of the first half. Was finally served just as the second half was kicking off. Many people were just pushing in on the right hand side of the bar, not good. At least the rugby was on TV!!! [emoji107]

The problem with the rugby staff is they are not capable of handling large crowds, one man and a dog is all they are used to and all these stupid rules regarding timescales for finishing drinks is just pathetic.Yet again the back lounge was not available to Darlo fans even though we have paid £30 for the facility, probably the 3rd time at least this has happened. Just getting fed up with the rugby lot with this them and us attitude and getting the point across that they hold all the aces still.And I haven't even mentioned signage yet or lack of it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


The back lounge was open the rugby club allowed access into the room before and after the match.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 763
Team Supported: Darlington
In all fairness to the rugby club, is the stuff regarding your half time pint not to do with the stance of our club? At this level, I believe you are allowed a drink within sight of the pitch anyway. We, as a club, choose not to do it.

National League and above I believe it isn't allowed anyway, so i sort of understand why we won't do it, lest people get used to it and then have it taken away with promotion, but yeah. It wouldn't even make sense from the Rugby clubs perspective, at the end of the day i'm sure they want the money.

Other grievances, like signage, football on the TV etc are more achievable working with them. At the end of the day, it's a working relationship. They want our money, we want certain things in exchange, so our fans feel at home, and it becomes a partnership, not exploitation. Key thing is to relay our concerns to the board, rather than turn on the poor lass behind the counter, or whatever else.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1333
Team Supported: Darlington
At Leamington people were drinking on the terraces and they had a mini booth selling pints. Some people say it's a Durham FA rule. Maybe Warwickshire allows it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:41 pm
Posts: 44
Location: The Sarf
Team Supported: Darlington
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
they aren't the ruins of a failed Football League club.

That's because they have never been anywhere near the FL.

Correct - the current Darlington team haven't and never will be anywhere near the FL


Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlington_F.C. or http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/history/brief-history/. Get one of your grandchildren to explain the long words to you.

Two different clubs son.
You're not very good at fishing are you I'd suggest you take up a new sport

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5786
Team Supported: Darlington
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
they aren't the ruins of a failed Football League club.

That's because they have never been anywhere near the FL.

Correct - the current Darlington team haven't and never will be anywhere near the FL


Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlington_F.C. or http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/history/brief-history/. Get one of your grandchildren to explain the long words to you.

Two different clubs son.


Ban the troll. The likes of this poster and Spen should be booted off this board.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5097
Team Supported: Darlington
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
they aren't the ruins of a failed Football League club.

That's because they have never been anywhere near the FL.

Correct - the current Darlington team haven't and never will be anywhere near the FL


Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlington_F.C. or http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/history/brief-history/. Get one of your grandchildren to explain the long words to you.

Two different clubs son.

That rebuttal is almost as good as your disguise of simply being a 'non-league fan'.

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4162
Team Supported: Darlington
The Equalizer wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:
biccynana wrote:
[quote="Mr_Pickle"]they aren't the ruins of a failed Football League club.

That's because they have never been anywhere near the FL.

Correct - the current Darlington team haven't and never will be anywhere near the FL


Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlington_F.C. or http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/history/brief-history/. Get one of your grandchildren to explain the long words to you.

Two different clubs son.
You're not very good at fishing are you I'd suggest you take up a new sport

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/quote]In fairness, loads of people have piled in with replies so he's got what he wants.

Best thing is for the mods to get rid of the obvious WUM.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Posts: 1758
Team Supported: Darlington
.[/quote]You're not very good at fishing are you I'd suggest you take up a new sport

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/quote]In fairness, loads of people have piled in with replies so he's got what he wants.

Best thing is for the mods to get rid of the obvious WUM.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk[/quote]

aw - don't ban Mr Pickle.....I like watching himself getting into a Pickle. Just let me get some more popcorn first.

Also remember - times have changed and we live in an era where care in the community can make a difference.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 391
Team Supported: Darlington
Comfortably_numb wrote:
Also remember - times have changed and we live in an era where care in the community can make a difference.

Even for the terminally confused like our Mr P?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:02 am
Posts: 4
Team Supported: Darlington
Many interesting comments about the match day experience. My key priority this week will be to analyse the results from the live "outside catering" survey (voted 'highest priority' in the ME poll). this has been mentioned a few times in this thread.

The bar is also high priority and there are a few simple ideas suggested by fans we would like to take forward in co-operation with DRFC partners who deliver this facility. The queues are a number one priority and we have some ideas. It is in both club's interests to raise bar revenue and it is common purpose like this that is my starting point for change. Parking, Social media and Sightlines also received a lot of feedback. Bus travel to the ground is not a key priority. I have literally had no emails on this issue at all.

I should add that the surveys are not and end in itself but provide evidence to shape policy and create leverage in negotiations. If tangible actions don't arise from these surveys on a consistent basis over the year, supporters will become frustrated and I'll deem it a personal failure. I'm working toward small changes that can be implemented quickly and present the club more professionally. In my experience this will have more impact than a big bang approach.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5097
Team Supported: Darlington
DFC_ Supp_Liaison wrote:
Many interesting comments about the match day experience. My key priority this week will be to analyse the results from the live "outside catering" survey (voted 'highest priority' in the ME poll). this has been mentioned a few times in this thread.

The bar is also high priority and there are a few simple ideas suggested by fans we would like to take forward in co-operation with DRFC partners who deliver this facility. The queues are a number one priority and we have some ideas. It is in both club's interests to raise bar revenue and it is common purpose like this that is my starting point for change. Parking, Social media and Sightlines also received a lot of feedback. Bus travel to the ground is not a key priority. I have literally had no emails on this issue at all.

I should add that the surveys are not and end in itself but provide evidence to shape policy and create leverage in negotiations. If tangible actions don't arise from these surveys on a consistent basis over the year, supporters will become frustrated and I'll deem it a personal failure. I'm working toward small changes that can be implemented quickly and present the club more professionally. In my experience this will have more impact than a big bang approach.

:thumbup: Sounds great

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyPark, Bing [Bot] and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group