Clock's ticking for Spendy

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

spen666
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:17 pm

H1987 wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:We have not started on our stand yet for when we make playoffs LOL!!!!
Yes we have, the foundations are already in, which is a significant part of the job. Which is why it'll go up pretty quickly in February, we're just waiting for delivery of the parts I believe!

It'd be very, very funny if they cock this up. There's nothing I can see in those plans that involves putting seating on the existing covered terrace, and surely if they did do that (assuming they don't need planning permission to do so - they may not if they're just going to bolt them on to the terrace - assuming it's suitable and has four steps) it would probably reduce the overall capacity to a point where that isn't acceptable, as right now it only holds 3,000 and replacing standing room with seats is going to reduce that.

If they build two small stands to either side of the existing stand, if they are classed as individual stands, as someone else has noted, then this wouldn't be enough either, as there needs to be 500 across two stands.

There is no where to build additional stands! The existing stand at that end of ground stretches the whole width of the pitch.

The 2 blocks of seating are to go in the existing stand behind the bottom goal.

Those 2 blocks although at either end of the stand are within the same stand, the one that is already there

spen666
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:19 pm

LoidLucan wrote:You'll find everything I've detailed is correct as presented to Durham County Council in 2017... just look under the delegated report, proposed site plans and proposed plans and elevations here......

https://publicaccess.durham.gov.uk/onli ... GZIGDJYT00

The delegated report wrongly describes the stand behind the goal as the main stand. Clearly it is not as the main stand is the one on the halfway line that has the 226 seats and the dressing rooms, bar and corporate hospitality area.


Look at the drawings in the planning application and it becomes clear - the drawings dated on site as being published on 20 October 2017. The plan even lables the 2 blocks of seating as "Proposed designated seating within existing stand". It would be clear to most people that the seating is therefore going to be in the existing stand


PS Your link is not to the most upto date application I think it relates to a previous one. The most recent application is DM/17/02441/FPA

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5435
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:27 pm

As the plans were drawn up last January then it ignores the fact Spenny have a stand of 250 seats after this crowd funding.

If not they would have been relegated back to Evo 1st North, I just can't see Groves not sorting this.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/spennymoo ... und-a-row/

spen666
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:30 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Spen, are you you incapable of clicking on the link above and reading through the various documents? If you go into Durham County Council's planning search facility and type in Brewery Field you will find all the plans that have been approved for the ground....

https://publicaccess.durham.gov.uk/onli ... =firstPage

This is like pulling teeth.... The marquee was originally for the dug-out side and then amended for the other side. But the major plans that affect the seating and ground capacity involve the stuff in the thread above. There is no plan for a stand on the dug-out side. You don't seem able to grasp any of the basics of something that is very simple.


I am not as clueless as the idiot who is arguing about planning applications that have been superceeded. If you were not so stupid, you would have found when you searched the council Planning site that there was an application in 2017 reference DM/17/02441/FPA.

Instead you are arguing about a planning application that has been superceeded (DM/16/03606/FPA )

No wonder you haven't got a clue what is happening

Darlogramps
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:57 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Shed7 wrote:Don't worry about spennymoor, everything is in place and should the club finish in the play offs then I can assure you they will be participating.
"Look away, nothing to see here. Move along."

The most feeble attempt to shut down scrutiny that we've seen on here.

Sure it'll all be fine though. If it all goes wrong you can just ask Uncle Brad for another big handout at your wonderfully sustainable club.
As opposed to asking the fans at another wonderfully sustainable club.
U ok hun? You seem to be quite miserable at the moment. Try deep breathing exercises - they work.

It'll make you a happier person, instead of trying to point score with me all the time
(5 of your last 6 posts across 3 different threads have been replies to me - that level of obsession isn't healthy).
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

DFCAnth
Posts: 685
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Stockton-On-Tees

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:00 pm

https://publicaccess.durham.gov.uk/onli ... 093673.pdf

Spennymoor will be fine as Brad will bail them out.

I presume adding the additional turnstiles will increase the capacity enough and then as the attached shows the bolt on seating will go within the stand behind the goal. The view from them seats will be crap but they’ll meet the grading.

LoidLucan
Posts: 2859
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:15 pm

So, I said the club submitted a planning application last year to build two seated stands next to the main stand and it was approved. Fact. I said there was also an application to build a covered stand in the open end with more steps to help increase the ground capacity from 2,040 to 4,486. Fact. Spen said there were plans to build a seated stand behind the dug-outs and denied any applications re the above. Wrong.

Two months ago the club was granted permission for various things including kiosks and new turnstiles and the application makes mention of proposals for seats in the covered stand behind the goal. But as Durham County Council stated: "The submitted plans also detail areas for proposed works not covered under the current application such as designated seating areas within the northern spectator stand"..... ie no formal application for that yet. And these proposals, if they are approved, would clearly reduce the ground's capacity since standing areas would be swallowed up.

As I have already stated, no work has yet been done to meet the requirements and the deadline is the end of March. It may be that it is done eventually but the clock is ticking it seems on ground capacity and seating.

spen666
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:52 pm

LoidLucan wrote:So, I said the club submitted a planning application last year to build two seated stands next to the main stand and it was approved. Fact. I said there was also an application to build a covered stand in the open end with more steps to help increase the ground capacity from 2,040 to 4,486. Fact. Spen said there were plans to build a seated stand behind the dug-outs and denied any applications re the above. Wrong.

Two months ago the club was granted permission for various things including kiosks and new turnstiles and the application makes mention (no more than that) of proposals for seats in the covered stand behind the goal. As Durham County Council stated: "The submitted plans also detail areas for proposed works not covered under the current application such as designated seating areas within the northern spectator stand"..... ie no formal application for that yet. And these proposals, if they are approved, would clearly reduce the ground's capacity since standing areas would be swallowed up.

As I have already stated, no work has yet been done to meet the requirements and the deadline is the end of March. It may be that it is done eventually but the clock is ticking it seems on ground capacity and seating.
Lucan, you couldn't lie straight in bed.

You can't even accept you looked at the wrong plans


You call me clueless despite not being able to get the basic facts right.

I even posted you a link to the correct plans in my first post.

LoidLucan
Posts: 2859
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Everything I've put in the post above is correct, including the fact that Durham County Council says that the latest plans include proposed works "not covered under the current application such as designated seating areas within the northern spectator stand". That's a direct quote by the way. More homework required Rumpole, I'm afraid.

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 946
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:36 am

Darlogramps wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Shed7 wrote:Don't worry about spennymoor, everything is in place and should the club finish in the play offs then I can assure you they will be participating.
"Look away, nothing to see here. Move along."

The most feeble attempt to shut down scrutiny that we've seen on here.

Sure it'll all be fine though. If it all goes wrong you can just ask Uncle Brad for another big handout at your wonderfully sustainable club.
As opposed to asking the fans at another wonderfully sustainable club.
U ok hun? You seem to be quite miserable at the moment. Try deep breathing exercises - they work.

It'll make you a happier person, instead of trying to point score with me all the time
(5 of your last 6 posts across 3 different threads have been replies to me - that level of obsession isn't healthy).
Not miserable at all. Just found it ironic that any Darlington fan could have a pop at another club about their sustainability. And not obsessed, just your posts have been the only ones worth commenting on recently. The majority were about the pragmatic football debate. I though we were having a conversation. Didn't realise any more than 1 response was obsessive.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:45 am

It's six out of your last seven now ;-)

If you keep this up, I might have to invite you round for dinner. Were you rummaging through my bins last night? And the love letters need to stop.

P.S. On the sustainability thing - I don't think there are any sensible Darlo fans who believe the club is sustainable (or at least we haven't been) We don't claim to be. We know it's a struggle.

As for Spenny, the majority of their fans believe they are sustainable, get touchy when you point out they're bankrolled beyond their natural level, or act in wilful ignorance about where their funding comes from.

Can you legitimately say that funding based on the goodwill of one man is sustainable? Based on Darlington's experience, I'd say no.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11731
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:53 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote: Not miserable at all. Just found it ironic that any Darlington fan could have a pop at another club about their sustainability.
Drifting off topic, but at least our 'unsustainable' approach spreads the load across a wide section of people. Ultimately it will lead to the fans (assuming they are the ones funding any shortfall) getting the club they pay for.

Spennymoor on the other hand are entirely screwed if Groves stops funding them. They'd either plummet back to obscurity or they'd have to follow our model with a much smaller fanbase from which to raise funds.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

H1987
Posts: 1188
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by H1987 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:26 pm

Even if you're correct Spen, and the plan is simply to put seats on the existing terrace (which i don't dispute is possible), you wouldn't meet the ground criteria for overall attendance. Seating that stand would reduce your capacity.

TheDenverMan
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 pm
Team Supported: N/A

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by TheDenverMan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Booooooooooooring, focus on your own club obsessed sad acts. Hope your club goes down and bust and extinct for good.
KOOOOOONICHIWA

spen666
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by spen666 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:44 pm

H1987 wrote:Even if you're correct Spen, and the plan is simply to put seats on the existing terrace (which i don't dispute is possible), you wouldn't meet the ground criteria for overall attendance. Seating that stand would reduce your capacity.
I have no idea how club will meet ground capacity as you are correct re seats slightly reducing capacity of that stand.

I wonder if the proposed covered stand at top end will increase capacity as the terrace at that end is limited in capacity owing to state of terracing. As part of building stand, new terracing & barriers will have to be installed.

I personally struggle to see the ground being ready by 31 March.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11921
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 pm

I can't see covering the away end, will make any difference to your overall capacity.

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 946
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Spyman wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote: Not miserable at all. Just found it ironic that any Darlington fan could have a pop at another club about their sustainability.
Drifting off topic, but at least our 'unsustainable' approach spreads the load across a wide section of people. Ultimately it will lead to the fans (assuming they are the ones funding any shortfall) getting the club they pay for.

Spennymoor on the other hand are entirely screwed if Groves stops funding them. They'd either plummet back to obscurity or they'd have to follow our model with a much smaller fanbase from which to raise funds.
Everything i've seen of Groves suggests he wouldn't leave them in the mire. His love of the club seems genuine. He may not have the appetite to fund much more than his current level, but i've not seen him suggest he will cut funding anytime soon. And if we do suffer relegation, the difference in fan base may not be that vast. After all, isn't it only around 100 of ours who regularly support the pitches?

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 946
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:03 pm

TheDenverMan wrote:Booooooooooooring, focus on your own club obsessed sad acts. Hope your club goes down and bust and extinct for good.
Who gave the village idiot broadband?

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6072
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:09 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
TheDenverMan wrote:Booooooooooooring, focus on your own club obsessed sad acts. Hope your club goes down and bust and extinct for good.
Who gave the village idiot broadband?
Nah he started posting that back in 2013. Its taken him 4 years to post it.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6072
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:10 pm

spen666 wrote:
H1987 wrote:Even if you're correct Spen, and the plan is simply to put seats on the existing terrace (which i don't dispute is possible), you wouldn't meet the ground criteria for overall attendance. Seating that stand would reduce your capacity.
I have no idea how club will meet ground capacity as you are correct re seats slightly reducing capacity of that stand.

I wonder if the proposed covered stand at top end will increase capacity as the terrace at that end is limited in capacity owing to state of terracing. As part of building stand, new terracing & barriers will have to be installed.

I personally struggle to see the ground being ready by 31 March.
I see old two face is still posting here.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2736
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Spendy could go straight up on there current form and good luck to them..

User avatar
divas
Posts: 12900
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by divas » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Spendy could go straight up on there current form and good luck to them..Image
Not if they haven’t got the seats they can’t....

spen666
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by spen666 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:30 am


Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1643
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:57 am

So much for him not wanting to put any more money in to ground development.

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 946
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 am

Good on him.

bga
Posts: 1242
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by bga » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:26 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Good on him.
Headline on page 40 of Today's Echo "Ambitious Club's ground upgrade gets under way" First sentance then says "a Football Club with Northern League aspirations....." Did the Reporter not read this before it was printed!

Darlopartisan
Posts: 644
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Got to be envious of clubs who have a sugar daddy who is a genuine supporter of his club, if only

H1987
Posts: 1188
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by H1987 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Ignore that original post, i missed a bit in the link.

How does moving a wall back alone increase overall capacity??

spen666
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by spen666 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:51 am

H1987 wrote:Ignore that original post, i missed a bit in the link.

How does moving a wall back alone increase overall capacity??

Makes more space inside the ground and allows that terraced area to be expanded

H1987
Posts: 1188
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clock's ticking for Spendy

Post by H1987 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Well yeah, but it doesn't say they're doing that, it just states they're moving a wall back, which i assume only provides hard standing - the limit of which is 4 deep (and frankly inadequate, if BM is anything to go by, the new seating can't go in quickly enough)

Post Reply