Extra security measures for Gray on Saturday.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Extra security measures for Gray on Saturday.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:32 am

Wow the security measures even get a mention in today's Sun.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:43 am

liddle_4_ever wrote:Trying to sign our players after he left is neither here nor there for me, that’s just football.
What pisses me off is the way he left the club. He knows as much as anyone that this club needs money to develop the ground, get on an even keel financially, and to be able to kick on in future. The way he departed the club in effect cost the club tens of thousands of £s, that’s money that’s coming out of my pocket and the pocket of the many other fans who financially contribute to developing the club. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is 'just football'. Tommy did similar to Nuneaton, left them in the lurch then went back in for players. However Gray, from the infamous fans forum to the point when he resigned caused a lot of bother and also made the fund raising slow.

lo states on here that he was ridiculed for questioning Gray's 'ambition' before the big bust up, and he's right, I remember him and a couple of others doing it, and at the time it did make me think ....... 'does M.G. really have the best interests of DFC at heart"? Subsequent events suggest that he didn't!

I hope nothing silly happens today - a few funny songs would suffice.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:04 pm

I find this fickle fan crap very sad.
M.G. should be applauded for his 5 great seasons.
Changing jobs isn’t just football, it’s life.
Get over it and may the best team win.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:07 pm

I very much doubt any Darlo fans will be applauding, after he left us up the creek without a paddle.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Darl-Zero wrote:I find this fickle fan crap very sad.
M.G. should be applauded for his 5 great seasons.
Changing jobs isn’t just football, it’s life.
Get over it and may the best team win.
It's not about 'changing jobs' - far from it, it's about all the other stuff.

Ferguson for example, has barely had a mention on here as people have understood his position.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:10 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I very much doubt any Darlo fans will be applauding, after he left us up the creek without a paddle.
Wanting Raj Singh to invest in the club in order to further his own career knowing full well the history of the man was a total lack of respect to the club and fans. and this above everything else is why he will never be welcomed back.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:06 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I very much doubt any Darlo fans will be applauding, after he left us up the creek without a paddle.
Wanting Raj Singh to invest in the club in order to further his own career knowing full well the history of the man was a total lack of respect to the club and fans. and this above everything else is why he will never be welcomed back.

Quite right Ron. That was the ultimate misreading of the fans. He publicly belittled the hard work of a lot of good people just to try to soften us all up for Raj, who he'd clearly been courting for some time behind our backs. He got egg on his face. Had he done things correctly he'd have left on decent terms with all of us

offside

Post by offside » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:40 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Totally agree

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Had to leave the game at half time, Gray looked very lonely in the first half, behind his extra security.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm

To be fair Gray didn’t get that much abuse other than a couple of chavs in the second half singing wally with a brolley to McClaren which Gray didn’t take too kindly to.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Gray will be laughing his cap off now.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:10 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote: It is 'just football'. Tommy did similar to Nuneaton, left them in the lurch then went back in for players.
At least Nuneaton got properly compensated for us taking their manager, whereas Gray did the dirty by quitting and then turning up as York boss 24 hours later, costing us money in the process. If York had wanted Gray they should have done it properly.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:38 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:Trying to sign our players after he left is neither here nor there for me, that’s just football.
What pisses me off is the way he left the club. He knows as much as anyone that this club needs money to develop the ground, get on an even keel financially, and to be able to kick on in future. The way he departed the club in effect cost the club tens of thousands of £s, that’s money that’s coming out of my pocket and the pocket of the many other fans who financially contribute to developing the club. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is 'just football'. Tommy did similar to Nuneaton, left them in the lurch then went back in for players. However Gray, from the infamous fans forum to the point when he resigned caused a lot of bother and also made the fund raising slow.

lo states on here that he was ridiculed for questioning Gray's 'ambition' before the big bust up, and he's right, I remember him and a couple of others doing it, and at the time it did make me think ....... 'does M.G. really have the best interests of DFC at heart"? Subsequent events suggest that he didn't!

I hope nothing silly happens today - a few funny songs would suffice.
I said at the time on here, fb and to lo, that MG’s outburst was a sackable offence and we should have got rid of him then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!