Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:41 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Posts: 1412
Team Supported: Darlington
that was a lot of time spent for not much reason. Darlo Gramps clearly isn't a fan of Wright and it entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with Al_Quaker in that I'm willing to give Wright more time. I wasn't overally keen when appointed, but wait to see how things go after tonight. There are signs of improvement IMO. But for Darlo Gramps, you can't bully someone into having the same opinion as you. You're entitled to yours, anyone else is entitled to theirs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3591
Team Supported: Darlington
D_F_C wrote:
that was a lot of time spent for not much reason. Darlo Gramps clearly isn't a fan of Wright and it entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with Al_Quaker in that I'm willing to give Wright more time. I wasn't overally keen when appointed, but wait to see how things go after tonight. There are signs of improvement IMO. But for Darlo Gramps, you can't bully someone into having the same opinion as you. You're entitled to yours, anyone else is entitled to theirs


Stop being such a pansy and get a grip.

Where have I tried to bully anyone into having the same opinion? I think Wright is a poor manager, others disagree. That's the nature of discussion on here, although you appear be struggling with this concept.

That's not bullying. People can be entitled to their opinions but it doesn't mean I'm obliged to respect their views.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9997
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
that was a lot of time spent for not much reason. Darlo Gramps clearly isn't a fan of Wright and it entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with Al_Quaker in that I'm willing to give Wright more time. I wasn't overally keen when appointed, but wait to see how things go after tonight. There are signs of improvement IMO. But for Darlo Gramps, you can't bully someone into having the same opinion as you. You're entitled to yours, anyone else is entitled to theirs


Stop being such a pansy and get a grip.

Where have I tried to bully anyone into having the same opinion? I think Wright is a poor manager, others disagree. That's the nature of discussion on here, although you appear be struggling with this concept.

That's not bullying. People can be entitled to their opinions but it doesn't mean I'm obliged to respect their views.


You have been quite vociferous against people who support TW & AW. As you say everybody is entitled to their opinion, perhaps you just need to state you're opinion and leave it at that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3591
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
that was a lot of time spent for not much reason. Darlo Gramps clearly isn't a fan of Wright and it entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with Al_Quaker in that I'm willing to give Wright more time. I wasn't overally keen when appointed, but wait to see how things go after tonight. There are signs of improvement IMO. But for Darlo Gramps, you can't bully someone into having the same opinion as you. You're entitled to yours, anyone else is entitled to theirs


Stop being such a pansy and get a grip.

Where have I tried to bully anyone into having the same opinion? I think Wright is a poor manager, others disagree. That's the nature of discussion on here, although you appear be struggling with this concept.

That's not bullying. People can be entitled to their opinions but it doesn't mean I'm obliged to respect their views.


You have been quite vociferous against people who support TW & AW. As you say everybody is entitled to their opinion, perhaps you just need to state you're opinion and leave it at that.
Nope. If people respond to me, I'm entitled to give them a reply. Again, a simple concept.

This just smacks of people who don't like me or my opinion trying to get me to shut up.

People challenged and disagreed with me, so I've got every right to reply. Interestingly only one person in this thread (al_quaker) has directly countered my opinion with a discussion.

Three others have opted to tell me to shut up, in one way or another, which is a little pathetic.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1091
Team Supported: Darlington
Its a fight to get the last word

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11036
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
that was a lot of time spent for not much reason. Darlo Gramps clearly isn't a fan of Wright and it entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with Al_Quaker in that I'm willing to give Wright more time. I wasn't overally keen when appointed, but wait to see how things go after tonight. There are signs of improvement IMO. But for Darlo Gramps, you can't bully someone into having the same opinion as you. You're entitled to yours, anyone else is entitled to theirs


Stop being such a pansy and get a grip.

Where have I tried to bully anyone into having the same opinion? I think Wright is a poor manager, others disagree. That's the nature of discussion on here, although you appear be struggling with this concept.

That's not bullying. People can be entitled to their opinions but it doesn't mean I'm obliged to respect their views.


You have been quite vociferous against people who support TW & AW. As you say everybody is entitled to their opinion, perhaps you just need to state you're opinion and leave it at that.
Nope. If people respond to me, I'm entitled to give them a reply. Again, a simple concept.

This just smacks of people who don't like me or my opinion trying to get me to shut up.

People challenged and disagreed with me, so I've got every right to reply. Interestingly only one person in this thread (al_quaker) has directly countered my opinion with a discussion.

Three others have opted to tell me to shut up, in one way or another, which is a little pathetic.

Shut up, you're a little pathetic.

:lol:

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:18 am
Posts: 8
Team Supported: Nuneaton
H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I wouldn't have appointed him in the first place. His record is mediocre at best and he wouldn't have got near the job had he not been an ex-player. Nuneaton fans were delighted he left, which tells you everything.

And why were they putting up more fight when Brown and Turnbull were in temporary charge? There's no deep-rooted problem at all. It's a solid group of players who aren't being given a coherent message about tactics or playing style by a mediocre manager.

He needs to adopt a style, and instil that into the players asap. It really should strike a qualified manager that the problem is that the midfield is offering the defence no protection right now (I mean i think the defence in itself is a problem, but it's being exacerbated by a midfield that can't protect them)


You lot sound like us at the start of the season... :think:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 891
Team Supported: Darlington
Brucey what exactly were the issues that Nuneaton fans had with Wright's management, are they similar to ours, and how come he started off so well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 1816
Team Supported: Darlington
Essentially that they were too often a soft touch and couldn't defend.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:49 am
Posts: 10
Team Supported: Nuneaton
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Brucey what exactly were the issues that Nuneaton fans had with Wright's management, are they similar to ours, and how come he started off so well.



Nothing was ever his fault, he had an excuse for everything. He also almost exclusively signed players he had worked with in the past, which is ok when it is Styche or Chambers, not so much with many, many others. He has his favourites and basically players he did not bring to the club were not them!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1202
Team Supported: Darlington
hullablue wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Brucey what exactly were the issues that Nuneaton fans had with Wright's management, are they similar to ours, and how come he started off so well.



Nothing was ever his fault, he had an excuse for everything. He also almost exclusively signed players he had worked with in the past, which is ok when it is Styche or Chambers, not so much with many, many others. He has his favourites and basically players he did not bring to the club were not them!

Bit worried he has made Styche captain ahrad of Turnbull or Browney.This is a mistake in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 735
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
hullablue wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Brucey what exactly were the issues that Nuneaton fans had with Wright's management, are they similar to ours, and how come he started off so well.



Nothing was ever his fault, he had an excuse for everything. He also almost exclusively signed players he had worked with in the past, which is ok when it is Styche or Chambers, not so much with many, many others. He has his favourites and basically players he did not bring to the club were not them!

Bit worried he has made Styche captain ahrad of Turnbull or Browney.This is a mistake in my opinion.

Does it actually matter? None are particularly vocal.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 632
Team Supported: Darlington
If making Styche captain affects his game as per his Salford penalty, he should be stripped of it now. I thought he was nowhere near as good as he has been recently. :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4782
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
If making Styche captain affects his game as per his Salford penalty, he should be stripped of it now. I thought he was nowhere near as good as he has been recently. :(

He was captain against York, and scored a cracking goal

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Posts: 1412
Team Supported: Darlington
I think the thing Tommy needs to stick to is a formation.

Last night he started 3-4-1-2 and when Collins went off, he went 4-4-2 and to me that's when the players started to grow in the game as they know the formation and everyone from a toddler is taught it. Stick with 4-4-2 and pick the best players for that formation


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tommy and Alan ...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:18 am
Posts: 8
Team Supported: Nuneaton
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Brucey what exactly were the issues that Nuneaton fans had with Wright's management, are they similar to ours, and how come he started off so well.


Lots of pretty short passing with no end product. Midfield was porous and didn’t protect the back four, who were also pretty flimsy. Made signings that weakened our team.

As regards the original bounce, I do think he can motivate players and raise their games, and coming into a despondent team he picked them, and the fans up. Once he made it his team however, he was found out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: al_quaker, Yahoo [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group