Tommy and Alan ...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

D_F_C
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tommy and Alan ...

Post by D_F_C » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:47 pm

that was a lot of time spent for not much reason. Darlo Gramps clearly isn't a fan of Wright and it entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with Al_Quaker in that I'm willing to give Wright more time. I wasn't overally keen when appointed, but wait to see how things go after tonight. There are signs of improvement IMO. But for Darlo Gramps, you can't bully someone into having the same opinion as you. You're entitled to yours, anyone else is entitled to theirs

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 pm

D_F_C wrote:that was a lot of time spent for not much reason. Darlo Gramps clearly isn't a fan of Wright and it entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with Al_Quaker in that I'm willing to give Wright more time. I wasn't overally keen when appointed, but wait to see how things go after tonight. There are signs of improvement IMO. But for Darlo Gramps, you can't bully someone into having the same opinion as you. You're entitled to yours, anyone else is entitled to theirs
Stop being such a pansy and get a grip.

Where have I tried to bully anyone into having the same opinion? I think Wright is a poor manager, others disagree. That's the nature of discussion on here, although you appear be struggling with this concept.

That's not bullying. People can be entitled to their opinions but it doesn't mean I'm obliged to respect their views.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:that was a lot of time spent for not much reason. Darlo Gramps clearly isn't a fan of Wright and it entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with Al_Quaker in that I'm willing to give Wright more time. I wasn't overally keen when appointed, but wait to see how things go after tonight. There are signs of improvement IMO. But for Darlo Gramps, you can't bully someone into having the same opinion as you. You're entitled to yours, anyone else is entitled to theirs

Where have I tried to bully anyone into having the same opinion? I think Wright is a poor manager, others disagree. That's the nature of discussion on here, although you appear be struggling with this concept.

That's not bullying. People can be entitled to their opinions but it doesn't mean I'm obliged to respect their views.
You have been quite vociferous against people who support TW & AW. As you say everybody is entitled to their opinion, perhaps you just need to state you're opinion and leave it at that.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

You have been quite vociferous against people who support TW & AW. As you say everybody is entitled to their opinion, perhaps you just need to state you're opinion and leave it at that.
Nope. If people respond to me, I'm entitled to give them a reply. Again, a simple concept.

This just smacks of people who don't like me or my opinion trying to get me to shut up.

People challenged and disagreed with me, so I've got every right to reply. Interestingly only one person in this thread (al_quaker) has directly countered my opinion with a discussion.

Three others have opted to tell me to shut up, in one way or another, which is a little pathetic.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Its a fight to get the last word

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Nope. If people respond to me, I'm entitled to give them a reply. Again, a simple concept.

This just smacks of people who don't like me or my opinion trying to get me to shut up.

People challenged and disagreed with me, so I've got every right to reply. Interestingly only one person in this thread (al_quaker) has directly countered my opinion with a discussion.

Three others have opted to tell me to shut up, in one way or another, which is a little pathetic.
Shut up, you're a little pathetic.

:lol:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

BruceyNBFC
Team Supported: Nuneaton

Post by BruceyNBFC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 pm

H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
I wouldn't have appointed him in the first place. His record is mediocre at best and he wouldn't have got near the job had he not been an ex-player. Nuneaton fans were delighted he left, which tells you everything.

And why were they putting up more fight when Brown and Turnbull were in temporary charge? There's no deep-rooted problem at all. It's a solid group of players who aren't being given a coherent message about tactics or playing style by a mediocre manager.
He needs to adopt a style, and instil that into the players asap. It really should strike a qualified manager that the problem is that the midfield is offering the defence no protection right now (I mean i think the defence in itself is a problem, but it's being exacerbated by a midfield that can't protect them)
You lot sound like us at the start of the season... :think:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Brucey what exactly were the issues that Nuneaton fans had with Wright's management, are they similar to ours, and how come he started off so well.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Essentially that they were too often a soft touch and couldn't defend.

hullablue

Post by hullablue » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Brucey what exactly were the issues that Nuneaton fans had with Wright's management, are they similar to ours, and how come he started off so well.

Nothing was ever his fault, he had an excuse for everything. He also almost exclusively signed players he had worked with in the past, which is ok when it is Styche or Chambers, not so much with many, many others. He has his favourites and basically players he did not bring to the club were not them!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:20 pm

hullablue wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:Brucey what exactly were the issues that Nuneaton fans had with Wright's management, are they similar to ours, and how come he started off so well.

Nothing was ever his fault, he had an excuse for everything. He also almost exclusively signed players he had worked with in the past, which is ok when it is Styche or Chambers, not so much with many, many others. He has his favourites and basically players he did not bring to the club were not them!
Bit worried he has made Styche captain ahrad of Turnbull or Browney.This is a mistake in my opinion.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
hullablue wrote:

Bit worried he has made Styche captain ahrad of Turnbull or Browney.This is a mistake in my opinion.
Does it actually matter? None are particularly vocal.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:38 pm

If making Styche captain affects his game as per his Salford penalty, he should be stripped of it now. I thought he was nowhere near as good as he has been recently. :(

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pm

jjljks wrote:If making Styche captain affects his game as per his Salford penalty, he should be stripped of it now. I thought he was nowhere near as good as he has been recently. :(
He was captain against York, and scored a cracking goal

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:56 pm

I think the thing Tommy needs to stick to is a formation.

Last night he started 3-4-1-2 and when Collins went off, he went 4-4-2 and to me that's when the players started to grow in the game as they know the formation and everyone from a toddler is taught it. Stick with 4-4-2 and pick the best players for that formation

BruceyNBFC

Post by BruceyNBFC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Lots of pretty short passing with no end product. Midfield was porous and didn’t protect the back four, who were also pretty flimsy. Made signings that weakened our team.

As regards the original bounce, I do think he can motivate players and raise their games, and coming into a despondent team he picked them, and the fans up. Once he made it his team however, he was found out.