Monkey hangers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Monkey hangers

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Sounds like the Swedes are stalling, after all why splash out good money when you can get the pick of the bones when the Administrators are called in?

Hapag Loid
Team Supported: Darlington & Shanghai SIPG

Post by Hapag Loid » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:04 am

Must say I've barely thought about Hartlepool in the last few years, other than enjoying their last minute relegation last season. I'm hoping they don't go bust, but do go down - that certainly doesn't seem out of the question on current form.

My only concern is that they end up entering the market for the same kind of players we go for, along with York, Harrogate, Spennymoor, Shields et al.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:05 am

Hapag Loid wrote:Must say I've barely thought about Hartlepool in the last few years, other than enjoying their last minute relegation last season. I'm hoping they don't go bust, but do go down - that certainly doesn't seem out of the question on current form.

My only concern is that they end up entering the market for the same kind of players we go for, along with York, Harrogate, Spennymoor, Shields et al.
I don't think they can afford them right now!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Hapag Loid
Team Supported: Darlington & Shanghai SIPG

Post by Hapag Loid » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:43 am

Spyman wrote:
Hapag Loid wrote:Must say I've barely thought about Hartlepool in the last few years, other than enjoying their last minute relegation last season. I'm hoping they don't go bust, but do go down - that certainly doesn't seem out of the question on current form.

I don't think they can afford them right now!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Might be wishful thinking on my part anyway - not sure how feasible my preferred scenario of Hartlepool a) getting relegated, b) not going pop but c) not being on a firm enough footing to compete with us actually is.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:23 pm

I did a double take when I saw Hartlepool Comic-con advertised. Thought they had finally got wise to Raj Singh, but it turned out to be a real event at Hartlepool Borough Hall! :D

According to Hartlepool Mail, the next dead-line for Pools is 23 March when they need £80k to pay the wages or risk the administrators stepping in. The negotiations between the owners and prospective purchasers said to be progressing, but this seems to be very slowly.

From the Bunker, Poolie fans forum, HMRC have a winding up order due in May which appears to be separate from £72k and this month's wage bill. Also they don't know what the £55k raised by fans last month was used to pay off.

I almost feel sorry for their fans, but then they may get 'saved' by Raj Singh..... that will be the day when they will be sorry!