Monkey hangers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Monkey hangers

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:26 pm

They'll be looking back on all this and laughing about it..... in about five years time.

grytters

Post by grytters » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:08 pm

Am I allowed to make one prediction?

The current holder(s) of the golden share won't refuse point blank to allow it to be transferred to anyone wanting to carry on the name/tradition/history of the club.

Because only a complete and utter worthless git would do that.
Bring Back the Quarters

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:24 pm

It's looking bleak for the chokers, but at least if they go into administration Musgrave will be able to get the club cheaper, and they've still got the council owned ground.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:30 pm

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 pm

TW better not get us relegated just when the Hangers come down. I'll never forgive him.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Quakerz wrote:It's looking bleak for the chokers, but at least if they go into administration Musgrave will be able to get the club cheaper, and they've still got the council owned ground.
A ten point deduction? There could be a chance of a Pools/Darlo match in the National Northern next season, not that I want them to come down, or us for that matter.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 pm

biccynana wrote:They need a Victoria Park 8, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38750475
Perhaps James Caton will do that so we can sign another player.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Quakerz wrote:It's looking bleak for the chokers, but at least if they go into administration Musgrave will be able to get the club cheaper, and they've still got the council owned ground.
A ten point deduction? There could be a chance of a Pools/Darlo match in the National Northern next season, not that I want them to come down, or us for that matter.
Would that rollover to next season if they’re relegated in this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:55 am

As horrendous as their situation seems to be, and even if the 'golden share' issue hit them too, they're in a far better position than we were 6 years ago.

They have a ground to play in and call their own (even if the council own it), and their active fan base is twice the size ours was at the time (and that gap has grown).

They can choose to pay off debt or not - but if they choose not to that's another big financial headstart if they have to build up from scratch again.

I suppose on the plus side for them, its not as if they have trophies attached to their history that they'd lose claim to if they reformed.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:36 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Can't work out if that was sincere. I don't mind Hartlepool getting relegated.

I don't want any club to end up in financial ruin / wound up but absolutely would take them being relegated!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Spyman wrote: They have a ground to play in and call their own (even if the council own it), and their active fan base is twice the size ours was at the time (and that gap has grown).
The council own the land. As to who owns the actual infrastructure though is a different matter. All that steel that can be sold for scrap should the worst happen. Every asset will be sold off for as much as possible by the administrator. The arena wasnt an asset of DFC when we went tits up.
Pools may end up having a pitch with just the remains of a bit of concrete terracing around it, no crush barriers and no stands!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:11 pm

loan_star wrote:
The arena wasnt an asset of DFC when we went tits up.
Nor was the land though - Sizer and Scott owned the land and the arena didn't they?

Fair point re: who owns Victoria Park itself, but presumably the cost of dismantling would outweigh any money to be made from selling the raw materials so I can't see it being taken apart by the administrator (should they end up in admin).
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Nick Loughlin on Look North has admitted that things look bleak for poolie and he can't see the club surviving in it's current form by the end of this year. He reckons they'll be part-time and they'll have gone down some leagues. Doesn't sound good, hope things aren't as bleak as the picture he paints.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:09 pm

lo36789 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

I don't want any club to end up in financial ruin / wound up but absolutely would take them being relegated!

It's sincere.

I'm not from Darlo, or even The North and hold no grudge against them, they're just another smaller club trying to keep things going. I'm sure they have a few scummy fans who previously have revelled in our demise - but such is life, and if they do drop down a league or two it could make player recruitment harder for us in the future.

:idea: Might they have a striker to offload for a while?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:31 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Given their record of scoring, i doubt if any of their strikers would add much to what we already have.
It's sincere.

I'm not from Darlo, or even The North and hold no grudge against them, they're just another smaller club trying to keep things going. I'm sure they have a few scummy fans who previously have revelled in our demise - but such is life, and if they do drop down a league or two it could make player recruitment harder for us in the future.

:idea: Might they have a striker to offload for a while?

Henley

Post by Henley » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Whilst hoping for the best, they really should prepare for the worst, not because I'm thinking it is definitely going to happen but because it won't be as bad as they may be thinking it would be.

It seems their continued use of the ground is all but secure which makes their starting point a lot further along than it was for Darlo when we had to reboot.

Like Darlo did, they should do the honourable thing and take on any football debt if it's not otherwise cleared (that Darlo did it gives me immense satisfaction) and they'll still romp through the first few leagues if they are dropped where we were.

To reiterate, I'm not saying they will completely fold but, as Darlo have shown, it really isn't that bad a thing and is almost a small price to pay to be able to become fully fan-controlled.

I almost want to wish them well! :crazy:

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 pm

We're all good mates at the end of the day!! :thumbup:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:
The arena wasnt an asset of DFC when we went tits up.
Nor was the land though - Sizer and Scott owned the land and the arena didn't they?

Fair point re: who owns Victoria Park itself, but presumably the cost of dismantling would outweigh any money to be made from selling the raw materials so I can't see it being taken apart by the administrator (should they end up in admin).
There was enough money in it for Wards to demolish the East Stand and retain the Tin Shed when Feethams was cleared.

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Henley wrote:Whilst hoping for the best, they really should prepare for the worst, not because I'm thinking it is definitely going to happen but because it won't be as bad as they may be thinking it would be.

It seems their continued use of the ground is all but secure which makes their starting point a lot further along than it was for Darlo when we had to reboot.

Like Darlo did, they should do the honourable thing and take on any football debt if it's not otherwise cleared (that Darlo did it gives me immense satisfaction) and they'll still romp through the first few leagues if they are dropped where we were.

To reiterate, I'm not saying they will completely fold but, as Darlo have shown, it really isn't that bad a thing and is almost a small price to pay to be able to become fully fan-controlled.

:roll: I almost want to wish them well! :crazy:
YOU not feeling well J...... ???
I am just thinking KARMA to all the Scum from Chokersville that pissed them laughing at our demise.

It's been fun watching PJ Poolie,
Been pissing myself laughing at his desperate attempts to put a shine on a turd. :roll:
Last edited by footifan on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henley

Post by Henley » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 pm

footifan wrote:
Henley wrote:Whilst hoping for the best, they really should prepare for the worst, not because I'm thinking it is definitely going to happen but because it won't be as bad as they may be thinking it would be.

:roll: I almost want to wish them well! :crazy:
YOU not feeling well J...... ???

As PJ Poolie Been pissing myself laughing at his desperate attempts to put a shine on a turd. :roll:
Hey, my comment doesn’t mean I haven’t been laughing at all their mooks!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Apparently they owe the Inland Revenue over £40k, which has to be paid by mid February, that could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 am

They don't play a home match until the middle of February, which won't help their income at all.

Coincidentally, the match preceding that is away to Barrow. There's a potential that their version of Barrow away, where it looks like it might be all over, could actually be Barrow away.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:47 pm

al_quaker wrote:They don't play a home match until the middle of February, which won't help their income at all.

Coincidentally, the match preceding that is away to Barrow. There's a potential that their version of Barrow away, where it looks like it might be all over, could actually be Barrow away.
That would be quite ironic.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Poolie let a lead slip twice and go down 4-3, there skipper was also sent off near the end, which won't help. If they go into admin and lose 10 points, then there National League status will be under serious threat.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:51 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Poolie let a lead slip twice and go down 4-3, there skipper was also sent off near the end, which won't help. If they go into admin and lose 10 points, then there National League status will be under serious threat.
Would the points deduction take effect this season, surely as long as the they can agree a CVA before next season they will stay in the National League, whichever division it may be

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Henley

Post by Henley » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:47 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Poolie let a lead slip twice and go down 4-3, there skipper was also sent off near the end, which won't help. If they go into admin and lose 10 points, then there National League status will be under serious threat.
Pete, just checking, you’re not Captain Obvious from the hotels.com ads are you?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:57 am

According to Look North last night, HMRC are due to serve a winding up order on poolie next week for nearly £50k in unpaid taxes. Apparently some of the recently raised £200k could be used to pay off this debt. Not sure if people who donated, expected some of it to go to the taxman.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:03 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:According to Look North last night, HMRC are due to serve a winding up order on poolie next week for nearly £50k in unpaid taxes. Apparently some of the recently raised £200k could be used to pay off this debt. Not sure if people who donated, expected some of it to go to the taxman.
Approx 85k raised and about 49k will be getting paid to the tax man.

It's just buying time at the minute, which is similar to what we did only we were in Admin already. People donated to save the club, they may well do that or it may be a waste of time and money. It's an on going saga that shows little sign of resolution.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:According to Look North last night, HMRC are due to serve a winding up order on poolie next week for nearly £50k in unpaid taxes. Apparently some of the recently raised £200k could be used to pay off this debt. Not sure if people who donated, expected some of it to go to the taxman.
Approx 85k raised and about 49k will be getting paid to the tax man.

It's just buying time at the minute, which is similar to what we did only we were in Admin already. People donated to save the club, they may well do that or it may be a waste of time and money. It's an on going saga that shows little sign of resolution.
I thought they'd raised most of the 200k target. If more than half of the money raised is paid to the taxman then that's really bad. They'll struggle to raise much if they have another appeal for money. Wasn't most of the money raised being used to pay backdated wages they owed?

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 am

Hartlepool have been on a downward spiral for the past few years and it was inevitable that they would tread a similar path to us at some point. What is also alarming is the news that Macclesfield who are at the top of the National League are struggling to pay players and staff...who's next? :thumbdown:

At this rate if we do end up in a relegation spot at the end of the season, we may be repreived at the expense of an unfortunate club's financial woes.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"