Darlington FC V Salford

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington FC V Salford

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 pm

The majority on here seem to be backing TW, sorry gramps.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Going back to this Salford game, does anyone know why we had to start the second half with ten men while Mills seemed to be forced to change his socks.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:04 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Going back to this Salford game, does anyone know why we had to start the second half with ten men while Mills seemed to be forced to change his socks.
Probably one of the players hell bent on 'cutting' the bottom off his socks as is the new trend as a way to circumvent the tape has to be the same colour as the socks law. players are wearing different colour socks and cutting the bottom off their socks instead...

If he did this during the first half and they rode up likelihood is he was warned by referee to change them before coming out for the second half.

Absolute nonsense.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

I think that was probably it. They had to get new socks from changing room while the game started with us down to ten men and AW didnt seem happy with the officials.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:The majority on here seem to be backing TW, sorry gramps.
Sorry for what? I'm allowed to express my opinion. It doesn't have to be the majority opinion.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:39 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:You only get into a situation of chopping and changing managers by making poor appointments and/or having no strategy. Wright to me was a poor appointment. You can't keep someone purely because getting rid of them looks bad.

And in fairness, Gray didn't just "spend his way out of a blip." He took us up repeatedly. His spending, regardless of whether it was right for us, did deliver us up the leagues. And I didn't hear many complaining when that happened.

I wasn't expecting Wright to get us into the play-offs. But neither was I expecting him to take us into the relegation zone.
You have got your point across onTW god knows how many times so why don't you just back off for now and get behind the club for a change.TEDIOUS.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Imagine getting this upset and wound up over what someone says on an internet message board.

I'm firmly behind the club and want Wright to do well. But I don't think he will because I don't think he's the right appointment and is a poor manager.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I can't express my opinion, particularly if people are responding to me.

If you don't want to read what I have to say, either ignore me, or stick me on your ignore list. But telling me to shut up because you dislike me stating my opinion is weak and childish.

And why haven't you told others who are critical of Wright to get behind the club?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:48 pm

Because you are like a stuck record repeating yourself time and time again.And was it you who suggested Chris Hardy as a replacement....do me a favour.Time for your Ovaltine Grampsy.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:10 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Because you are like a stuck record repeating yourself time and time again.And was it you who suggested Chris Hardy as a replacement....do me a favour.Time for your Ovaltine Grampsy.

And you have a go at me for getting personal. Tad hypocritical. As I said, if you don't like it, ignore it. But don't start having a go at me but squealing when I give some back.

And I said I'd have appointed Hardy at the time over Wright. He was happy to take the job. Based on what's happened, I don't think there's a case for saying otherwise. Or are you happy with eight defeats from 10?

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 pm

I am with PierremontQuaker03 here. From my point of view MG was struggling with the team he had, (and to be honest we did badly against most of the top teams last season but saved because we were scoring goals from most of the players on the pitch), this year he knew we did not have the money and jumped because he knew he could not turn it around. MG has not exactly done brilliantly with York even with the mass of new players and full time training.

TW and AW have had to walk into a team low in confidence.
Lost 4 good players in a short period after taking over.
Inherited a team that had all been given 2 year contracts (even though we knew some of them struggled in this league)
Had to sort out backroom staff etc.
Needed to understand players abilities and formations they could possibly work to.
A tough run of games lately.
Players who previously were scoring from all parts of the field in previous seasons all now on a goal drought.
And yes they have made mistakes, but remember we are part time with two short training sessions per week to try and understand the team (the formation under MG was not working either)

But
We now have a manager who is willing to work with the budget we have.
Brought in a good goalkeeper and proper centre forward that we have been crying out for. Plus 3 additional players with Mills (although looking unfit still) starting to improve with each game, Trotman still to show what he can do and a young 16 year old in Mitchell Glover who could prove to be a future star.
They also appears to have rejuvenated Tommo, who to be honest I had written off for this league.
Although on a losing run, we have been matching the top teams in the league and each game IMO seeing an improvement.

I personally am just suprised how much has been done in a short time, but for some reason we have a fair number of people writing the management team off, (Alex ferguson would not have lasted at Man Utd if they had taken the same opinion on his start of tenure), we need to give them time.

We have had only ups previously, but looks like some fans are struggling to take the downs, lets give the management team time and get behind them and the team, as football as in life can be a rollercoaster.

At least we now have something to get behind the team for, (fight against relegation), other than just being mid table ( I know it would be much nicer position but not as interesting). Lets just enjoy the ride, we don't know what the outcome will be but I for one believe we have the players to get us to safety.

I remember going to all the away games at the end of the season in the conference when we were getting relegated to the Northern league, and the Darlo fans were brilliant (especially the singing of "Don't worry about a thing, every little things going to be alright" - and to be honest they have been alright), we have had a good run and this year to take a breather is no bad thing.

Realise this is just my opinion but I really do feel that we have to get behind the who club at this time, as that is what you do when things get tough.

"Up the Quakers"
:thumbup:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:18 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Going back to this Salford game, does anyone know why we had to start the second half with ten men while Mills seemed to be forced to change his socks.
Yeh he was having to do something with his socks, then get his boots on. Don't know why AW was having a go at the officials, if Mills wasn't ready at the start of the second half, then the referee was within her rights to start the game without him.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:46 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Probably one of the players hell bent on 'cutting' the bottom off his socks as is the new trend as a way to circumvent the tape has to be the same colour as the socks law. players are wearing different colour socks and cutting the bottom off their socks instead...

If he did this during the first half and they rode up likelihood is he was warned by referee to change them before coming out for the second half.

Absolute nonsense.
I know it’s late, and I’m tired, but does anybody else have absolutely no idea what that means?!

I can’t even visualise what the player is doing with his socks, let alone understand why he’s doing it.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:03 pm

lo36789 wrote:

Absolute nonsense.
I may have stumbled across the answer to this question by accident. In this months 442 mag there is a little thing about a new type of sock called "TRUSOX" It's basically a sock specifically for footballers that has little rubber pads built in which run down the back and along the bottom of itself. This design stops your foot sliding around inside your boot in wet conditions. Loads of top footy players are now using them (Suarez/Robben/and more) however players have to modify their proper kit socks (by scissor operations) so that they are not seen.

£25 - £30 for a pair.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:58 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:This design stops your foot sliding around inside your boot in wet conditions.

I always found wearing a boot that was the right size had the same effect.
theoriginalfatcat wrote:£25 - £30 for a pair.
From sawyoucoming.com presumably.

Some interesting (as well as dubious) claims on the trusox website:
They allow you to be more “explosive"(!).
“Guaranteed to make you quicker”. Hmmmm.