Reece Styche

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Reece Styche

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Mentioned this in another thread, but we are worryingly dependent on him.

To my mind, he's the one player keeping us afloat. He may have cost a hefty whack but he's on a different level to most in this division.

His finish for the goal today was outstanding.

Wright must protect him at all costs. If Styche gets injured or suspended, we're knackered.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

divas

Re: Reece Styche

Post by divas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:16 am

At least we have someone to be dependant on

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 am

divas wrote:At least we have someone to be dependant on
And 1600 odd diehards

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:05 am

According to the Alfreton manager that's what you get when you spend "twenty odd thousand" on a striker. He also said teams in and around Alfreton in the league were spending frightening amounts of money and his team "haven't got that" and they were delighted to get a point today against a side that has much more "clout".

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:29 am

norwich darlo wrote:
And 1600 odd diehards
It's for this reason that I believe if we were relegated we would not slip much more than Evo-Prem. At the moment that is where under our own steam we should have been consolidating. It was only MG and his blind ambition and backed by a weak board, who have risked the club's financial future in an unnecessary attempt to rush through the leagues that we are where we are - it's artificial.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Obviously a clash player, I like how he comes back to help the defence, not many strikers will do that. Has anybody thought what would happen if Styche left as he hasn't got much of a history of staying with any of his previous clubs for long?

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Obviously a clash player, I like how he comes back to help the defence, not many strikers will do that. Has anybody thought what would happen if Styche left as he hasn't got much of a history of staying with any of his previous clubs for long?
I would imagine if we go down he would be on his way and there would be plenty of takers. - can't see him putting in all those miles for Evostik football. We would probably get our money back but would leave a big hole to fill.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:53 am

real_darlo_85 wrote:
norwich darlo wrote:
And 1600 odd diehards
It's for this reason that I believe if we were relegated we would not slip much more than Evo-Prem.
If we slipped any lower we'd be absolutely fceked as a club...

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:07 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote:
norwich darlo wrote:
And 1600 odd diehards
It's for this reason that I believe if we were relegated we would not slip much more than Evo-Prem.
If we slipped any lower we'd be absolutely fceked as a club...
Yeh I heard there are no clubs below EvoStik Prem. They were all just imaginary obstacles in our progress to date.

Wing Commander Darlo

Post by Wing Commander Darlo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Obviously a clash player, I like how he comes back to help the defence, not many strikers will do that. Has anybody thought what would happen if Styche left as he hasn't got much of a history of staying with any of his previous clubs for long?
I haven't seen a Clash player like him since Mick Jones. It's a shame Joe Strummer is dead or we could have stuck him up front too! ;)

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 pm

Wing Commander Darlo wrote:
I haven't seen a Clash player like him since Mick Jones. It's a shame Joe Strummer is dead or we could have stuck him up front too! ;)
I Fought Spennymoor, but Spennymoor won.

Rock the Croft Park.

Should Wright Stay or Should Wright Go?

Salford Calling.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:21 pm

If he keeps up the scoring, he'll be attracting interest from the division above, never mind we'd be in danger of losing him if we went down.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 pm

When is he contracted to? Summer 2019?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

Rock the Croft Park.

Salford Calling.
Guns of Buxton
I’m So Bored With The NLN
Grantham Calling
Train(ing) in Vain

Bernie Rhodes knows

Post by Bernie Rhodes knows » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 pm

biccynana wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Rock the Croft Park.

Salford Calling.
Guns of Buxton
Grantham Calling
Train(ing) in Vain
biccynana wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Rock the Croft Park.

Salford Calling.
Guns of Buxton
Grantham Calling

Train(ing) in Vain

Know your Wrights

Wright man in Hammersmith Portas

Tommy (Wright) Gun

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:15 pm

Bernie Rhodes knows wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Rock the Croft Park.

Salford Calling.
Guns of Buxton
Grantham Calling
Train(ing) in Vain
biccynana wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Rock the Croft Park.

Salford Calling.
Guns of Buxton
Grantham Calling

Train(ing) in Vain

Know your Wrights

Wright man in Hammersmith Portas

Tommy (Wright) Gun
ENOUGH ALREADY :thumbdown: