Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:42 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:08 am
Posts: 13
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Vaulks is not ready for this league yet, so a no go for me.TW already mentioned this a few weeks ago.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
This! Even before Collins' latest, seemingly lengthy injury people were calling for Vaulks to be starting games. The lad is 18/19 year old with his experience of men's football only coming from Northern league 2nd Division. Think it's best not to burden him with the task of attempting to solve our defensive issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10845
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.

Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.

To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!

17/18 Season:
WWWDLDDLLDWDLDLWLLDLLWLLLD


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3590
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.

Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.

To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.


And Spen actually said later on he wouldn't have had any issue with it.

It was only his name which was easily accessible through his signature. Not as if I posted phone numbers or addresses.

But hey - any excuse to throw a cheap shot.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4780
Team Supported: Darlington
stayhigh13 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Vaulks is not ready for this league yet, so a no go for me.TW already mentioned this a few weeks ago.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
This! Even before Collins' latest, seemingly lengthy injury people were calling for Vaulks to be starting games. The lad is 18/19 year old with his experience of men's football only coming from Northern league 2nd Division. Think it's best not to burden him with the task of attempting to solve our defensive issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep - in the home game he played (Leamington?) he clearly showed plenty of potential, but he also showed plenty of inexperience. Which is to be expected. He, understandably, wasn't great at positioning, and Bartlett was constantly on at him. Thankfully we were playing a team with very little attacking threat or desire, and also had an experienced keeper to help him out.

But chucking him into relegation battles with a young keeper behind him? Would be a major worry and could severely harm his development. And the fact he's not played much for RCA either suggests he's still, understandably, not near 1st team standard for us.

We've still got 2 CBs fit, with Galbraith who can also play there. And I'd rather recall Burgess if we need to recall a CB from loan.

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 383
Location: Hereford
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.

Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.

To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.


And Spen actually said later on he wouldn't have had any issue with it.

It was only his name which was easily accessible through his signature. Not as if I posted phone numbers or addresses.

But hey - any excuse to throw a cheap shot.

"People who live in glass houses"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11036
Team Supported: Darlington
tezza wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
We have Liam Marrs who is more than capable of performing at RB.


I take your point, however Marrs seems not to figure in TW starting line up. I personally think whilst he has pace he gets caught out of position to often, also opposition tend to put someone with height up against him.

I think Vaulks and Heaton in the centre, with Galbraith and Brown at full back offers a solid foundation.
Brown was woefully out of his depth at right back three seasons and two divisions ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 632
Team Supported: Darlington
Collins needs time to recover and we need to plug the holes in defence. TW must take action and either bring in someone of his choice provided they are within our budget or recall from loan one of MG's cohort - Burgess or Vaulks. Not an ideal situation to throw young players into a relegation dogfight, but at least they would have some knowledge of how others in the team play. How are the youngsters going to progress unless they have their mettle tested?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9993
Team Supported: Darlington
Vaulks looked very good against the multi millionaire Boro players when he came on in the second half and we didn't concede anymore goals.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12232
Team Supported: Darlington
I’d expect Trotman isn’t a million miles away so will replace Collins at RB in a 4. Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise as I don’t think we look great with 3 at the back


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1198
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
I’d expect Trotman isn’t a million miles away so will replace Collins at RB in a 4. Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise as I don’t think we look great with 3 at the back

Our players are more suited to a 442 or 433 but must keep 4 at the back.Ideally for me it would be 433 with Trotman RB and Portas joining Turnbull and Scott in midfield with a front 3 from Thommo, Gillies, Mills and Styche and Portas being the attacking midfielder .That is our strongest team IMO and confident that would see us getting results.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am
Posts: 111
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.

Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.

To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.


Spen666 is just a total prick #fact... He wont be all smiles when spendy drop down the leagues


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1091
Team Supported: Darlington
offside wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.

Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.

To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.


Spen666 is just a total prick #fact... He wont be all smiles when spendy drop down the leagues



Love the keyboard warriors.

I am not even involved in a dispute between Darlington fans and you choose to insult me.

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 735
Team Supported: Darlington
offside wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.

Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.

To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.


Spen666 is just a total prick #fact... He wont be all smiles when spendy drop down the leagues

And that is likely because...........?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Vaulks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1091
Team Supported: Darlington
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
offside wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.

Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.

To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.


Spen666 is just a total prick #fact... He wont be all smiles when spendy drop down the leagues

And that is likely because...........?


What goes up must come down?

It is almost inevitable that at some time in the future Spennymoor will be relegated. There are very few clubs that have not been relegated at some time

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], wizardofos and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group