You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:48 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2229
Team Supported: Darlington
Another one for the 330 mile midlands commute for training. You couldnt make this up.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 1023
Team Supported: Darlington
My opinion wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
They should have had a player sent off after 1 minute for elbowing galbraith but the result was all about our dreadfully negative approach to the second half in which we stayed on the back foot clearly under orders. Not good enough against a dreadful side. How much lower can we sink.


Back to the Evo.... :thumbup:

We are 3 points off mid table, and it is still January FFS

Look again mid table Tamworth have 8 points more than us. Look at how many games we have played compared to all those around us..............then do the maths again we are in real trouble.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 222
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W
Team Supported: Darlington FC
Nearly conceded first minute. After that looked solid at the back and decent going forward. Styche’s goal was quality. After that we were in control but without looking threatening. I expected an attacking second half but we got the opposite. At1-0 you’re always vulnerable to a freak event and so it happened, leaving us no time to react. Should have gone for the kill against dire opposition and it’s cost us. Ron you are right, we badly need more beef midfield and up front. After Styche’s bicycle kick left the stadium he had nothing. Anyone thinking that this is a talented team underperforming is delusional. They are an honest bunch of lads doing their best (except maybe Gillies) but are not good enough for anything other than a relegation scrap. I think we had to win today if just to give them a lift


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5040
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:

Having said that, I would have *probably* taken a draw before today, because at least it stops us losing to a relegation rival yet again.

Next 3 matches - Chorley H, Leamington A, Blyth H - 7 points or Tommy's head though.

5 points would be the minimum I'd want otherwise I'll start losing faith that we'll turn it around.

I was expecting a draw today before the match, but obviously the manner of it is hugely frustrating. I can only imagine how the rest of the players and management are feeling. One moment of madness (whatever went on, Talbot got involved off the ball, giving the ref a chance to make a decision) and it again costs us points :crazy:

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 499
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
My opinion wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
They should have had a player sent off after 1 minute for elbowing galbraith but the result was all about our dreadfully negative approach to the second half in which we stayed on the back foot clearly under orders. Not good enough against a dreadful side. How much lower can we sink.


Back to the Evo.... :thumbup:

We are 3 points off mid table, and it is still January FFS

Look again mid table Tamworth have 8 points more than us. Look at how many games we have played compared to all those around us..............then do the maths again we are in real trouble.

Not saying we are not in trouble. (that is obvious) I am saying there is a long way to go yet.
I would bet a lot of fans from all the teams in the bottom 8 positions are also thinking the same way


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2229
Team Supported: Darlington
On balance of play it was the right result. We handed the second 45 minutes to an awful side.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 1023
Team Supported: Darlington
My opinion wrote:
bga wrote:
My opinion wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
They should have had a player sent off after 1 minute for elbowing galbraith but the result was all about our dreadfully negative approach to the second half in which we stayed on the back foot clearly under orders. Not good enough against a dreadful side. How much lower can we sink.


Back to the Evo.... :thumbup:

We are 3 points off mid table, and it is still January FFS

Look again mid table Tamworth have 8 points more than us. Look at how many games we have played compared to all those around us..............then do the maths again we are in real trouble.

Not saying we are not in trouble. (that is obvious) I am saying there is a long way to go yet.
I would bet a lot of fans from all the teams in the bottom 8 positions are also thinking the same way

Fair point, but we don't have as much time as some of our rivals, as we have played more games. Let's leave it at that!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2346
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
They should have had a player sent off after 1 minute for elbowing galbraith but the result was all about our dreadfully negative approach to the second half in which we stayed on the back foot clearly under orders. Not good enough against a dreadful side. How much lower can we sink.

We simply HAVE to strengthen before our next game, Styche is the only one scoring, when did Thommo last score other than the pen against Harrogate and I still say Mills is not the answer.If we fail to bring in new signings this week we are really asking for trouble, particularly as we play Chorley.Talbot wants to take a long look at himself if he did slap their player especially as that ref was dishing out bookings for fun, crazy thing to do and has cost us 2 points.Over to you Tommy, for gods sake delve into the transfer market because we badly need it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
We need to get the BM up to standard before we spend on the squad as people have been banging on about most of the season.. Can't just throw money at it like Gray did we have to be sensible or TW is just as bad splashing the cash... We have a decent squad to finish mid table...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11440
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:
A gnats chuff away from a win. Anyone know what the 'altercation' was between our keeper and their player?

Punched him after the ball had gone according to Stodd on Twitter. Such a stupid way to throw points away.

Can hardly blame Wright for that
But yet again a poor individual decision costs us. Just like Styche on Wednesday, and virtually every other game this season.

So either Wright is bringing in players with the wrong character, or he's not instilling the right attitude and discipline in the players.

This level of stupidity doesn't just happen with this regularity if you have a well drilled group who understand their responsibilities.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5040
Team Supported: Darlington
There's plenty of things that can be pinned on a manager, and there's plenty of things that Wright could have done better so far. But blaming Wright for Styche making a ridiculous decision, or Talbot doing whatever he has done, is a step too far in my books.

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10968
Team Supported: Darlington
You can't legislate for our keeper doing that, TW will get things right. Anybody know anything about this new lad?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11440
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
There's plenty of things that can be pinned on a manager, and there's plenty of things that Wright could have done better so far. But blaming Wright for Styche making a ridiculous decision, or Talbot doing whatever he has done, is a step too far in my books.
I'm not outright blaming the manager, but it seems we drop points because of had decision making and he needs to get inside these players heads to stop that happening. That's his responsibility and unless he sorts it out we will continue to throw away points.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 pm
Posts: 11
Team Supported: N/A
DarLOL :D :clap: Doing fabulous Tommy

_________________
KOOOOOONICHIWA


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2229
Team Supported: Darlington
We are heading towards the glue league largely because of poor management. It is sticking out like a sore thumb.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Posts: 1731
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
There's plenty of things that can be pinned on a manager, and there's plenty of things that Wright could have done better so far. But blaming Wright for Styche making a ridiculous decision, or Talbot doing whatever he has done, is a step too far in my books.
I'm not outright blaming the manager, but it seems we drop points because of had decision making and he needs to get inside these players heads to stop that happening. That's his responsibility and unless he sorts it out we will continue to throw away points.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Agree. The manager sets the tone. Such that players should think before acting. Wasn't at the game but it doesn't sound like our keeper was sent off unfortunately by, for example, getting a split second decision wrong. Sounds like he let his personal feelings come before the team and club. I'd expect a hefty fine for the player and 15 minutes locked in a room with Alan White to tear him a new one.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Posts: 1210
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
We are heading towards the glue league largely because of poor management. It is sticking out like a sore thumb.


We're heading there because the players we have are not good enough.

Still, the ground will be ready for the play-offs, so that's fine.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2229
Team Supported: Darlington
I dont think we could fine him. We dont pay his wages.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11440
Team Supported: Darlington
Comfortably_numb wrote:
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
There's plenty of things that can be pinned on a manager, and there's plenty of things that Wright could have done better so far. But blaming Wright for Styche making a ridiculous decision, or Talbot doing whatever he has done, is a step too far in my books.
I'm not outright blaming the manager, but it seems we drop points because of had decision making and he needs to get inside these players heads to stop that happening. That's his responsibility and unless he sorts it out we will continue to throw away points.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Agree. The manager sets the tone. Such that players should think before acting. Wasn't at the game but it doesn't sound like our keeper was sent off unfortunately by, for example, getting a split second decision wrong. Sounds like he let his personal feelings come before the team and club. I'd expect a hefty fine for the player and 15 minutes locked in a room with Alan White to tear him a new one.
He was also booked for time wasting 5 minutes earlier, so he knew full well he was on a tight rope.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
darlo2001uk wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
We are heading towards the glue league largely because of poor management. It is sticking out like a sore thumb.


We're heading there because the players we have are not good enough.

Still, the ground will be ready for the play-offs, so that's fine.


Not sure I get your point there, you seem to be being sarcy about getting the ground play offs ready? We finished 5th last year, so obviously it was something we couldn't just leave.

No one could have predicted that we would tank so spectacularly this year.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
There's plenty of things that can be pinned on a manager, and there's plenty of things that Wright could have done better so far. But blaming Wright for Styche making a ridiculous decision, or Talbot doing whatever he has done, is a step too far in my books.
I'm not outright blaming the manager, but it seems we drop points because of had decision making and he needs to get inside these players heads to stop that happening. That's his responsibility and unless he sorts it out we will continue to throw away points.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Agree. The manager sets the tone. Such that players should think before acting. Wasn't at the game but it doesn't sound like our keeper was sent off unfortunately by, for example, getting a split second decision wrong. Sounds like he let his personal feelings come before the team and club. I'd expect a hefty fine for the player and 15 minutes locked in a room with Alan White to tear him a new one.
He was also booked for time wasting 5 minutes earlier, so he knew full well he was on a tight rope.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Did Talbot get a 2nd yellow or straight red?

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 222
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W
Team Supported: Darlington FC
I thought it was straight red but could be wrong. DFC twitter says (second) yellow card for a tussle in the box with penalty awarded


Last edited by grimsbyquaker on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am
Posts: 66
Team Supported: Darlington
Fed up of hearing Wright say we have a good squad and a great bunch of lads.

Fact is that apart from Ferriby we have won the least games all season with 6 out of 26 and 1 under Wright.

Yes it's often individual errors like last 2 games but facts don't lie. Over 26 games this squad is Not good enough. Yes individually we think we have nice players who should be
Doing better, but they are Not. Not for Gray and Not for Wright either.

3 of our next 6 games include Chorley, Blyth and Kidderminster so are seriously kidding ourselves if we think we are coming into a period of poorer teams.

Today just showed also how ludicrous it is not to have a keeper on the bench, sorry that's just bad management. What if he had been sent off earlier, we lose our keeper and centre half at the same time!

Lots on here seem loathe to criticise Wright, but he makes some terrible decisions and has to prove himself soon or we are goosed I,m afraid!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3421
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerlad wrote:
Today just showed also how ludicrous it is not to have a keeper on the bench, sorry that's just bad management. What if he had been sent off earlier, we lose our keeper and centre half at the same time!



Spot on. Why do managers do this? It's just asking for it.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 286
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerlad wrote:
Fed up of hearing Wright say we have a good squad and a great bunch of lads.

Fact is that apart from Ferriby we have won the least games all season with 6 out of 26 and 1 under Wright.

Yes it's often individual errors like last 2 games but facts don't lie. Over 26 games this squad is Not good enough. Yes individually we think we have nice players who should be
Doing better, but they are Not. Not for Gray and Not for Wright either.

3 of our next 6 games include Chorley, Blyth and Kidderminster so are seriously kidding ourselves if we think we are coming into a period of poorer teams.

Today just showed also how ludicrous it is not to have a keeper on the bench, sorry that's just bad management. What if he had been sent off earlier, we lose our keeper and centre half at the same time!

Lots on here seem loathe to criticise Wright, but he makes some terrible decisions and has to prove himself soon or we are goosed I,m afraid!


It's easy to point fingers and say put a keeper on the bench but if the reserve keeper ain't anywhere near good enough then why would you waste a wage on a second keeper to sit on the bench just in case. Finances are very tight hence the 500 club call to arms yet fans want more players brought in crazy


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3421
Team Supported: Darlington
coles wrote:
It's easy to point fingers and say put a keeper on the bench but if the reserve keeper ain't anywhere near good enough then why would you waste a wage on a second keeper to sit on the bench just in case. Finances are very tight hence the 500 club call to arms yet fans want more players brought in crazy



If a second keeper is no better than Gary Brown then he needs to get a job in Sainsbury's, full time.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 1736
Team Supported: Darlington
Sorry, but our record under Wright if taken over a whole season would finish us up on 21 points. That's 21. Everybody saying the players are the problem, do you really believe that we are a squad that is only worth 21 points in a season in the national league North? In that time we have played Gainsborough, Alfreton - who were so dismal - newly promoted blyth.

Sorry, this is on Wright. Regardless of the scoreline we looked defensively disorganised today, the players looked unfit, they didn't know when they should and shouldn't commit forward. Those things are all on the manager.

I don't get it, why are people so determined that Wright will turn it round? What is the evidence for this?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2229
Team Supported: Darlington
A lot of the fans i spoke to today among the 257 seemed to have lost any faith in tw turning this around.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10968
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
A lot of the fans i spoke to today among the 257 seemed to have lost any faith in tw turning this around.


That's a great turnout. :clap:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 1022
Team Supported: Darlington
Galbraith
Turnbull
Marrs
Gillies
Thompson
Syers
Portas
All good enough to get us to the playoffs last year so don't understand previous comments that we have a relegation squad. Yes they are in poor form but poor players can't agree. Additions of Heaton who is an improvement on Burgess and Styche who is a more natural goal scorer than Beck. Have in individual terms improved us in those positions.

I also don't get statements about the budget being cut. That might limit expectation but make no mistake we have a top half budget. Blyth, BPA will both have lesser budgets than us and are competing far better.

In a way I feel sorry to TW. He can't be held accountable for a daft decision by Styche with the Salford penalty. Or Talbot's rush of blood to the head. That could have easily been 4 more points which if we had them would put us into mid table.

At the same time he has been given the opportunity to bring in his own players. And our form has not improved. Games like Gainsborough away showed a complete tactical naivety that you can't afford when you are scrapping for points.

As others have said I don't know what the options are I terms of other managers. I honestly don't think it would take much to save us. Boxing day showed exactly what to his league is about. You don't have to be an incredible team to get results. Be organised at back and have a decent goal scorer and you'll win more than you lose.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Posts: 506
Team Supported: Darlington
Our major weakness was in defence and Wright has been unable to improve us in that regard. The team badly needed someone to come in and make sure they did the basics right, make the team tight at the back even if that meant we would be less of a threat up front. The basics have not been addressed and I'm now beginnng to think that Wright doesn't have the ability to do that, especially when considering his record at other clubs. I'm not sure what Alan White does apart from shout at the linesman all match.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group