Aynsley Pears new keeper

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Aynsley Pears new keeper

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Keeper from Boro on months loan
Last edited by Darlopartisan on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poppyfield

Re: Aynsley Pears

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Quakers have today signed goalkeeper Aynsley Pears on a month’s youth loan from Middlesbrough.

Aynsley, 19, has been a regular in Middlesbrough’s Under 23 team this season. He joined the Middlesbrough Academy when he was 9, and was a regular with the Under 18s before joining the Under 23s.

He has also been capped for England under 19s, making his debut in October 2016 against Holland.

His father, Stephen, made over 400 appearances for Middlesbrough and won four promotions in his career.

Darlington manager Tommy Wright said; “Aynsley has done very well in his career so far, and is held in very high regard. He is a promising keeper, who played against us in the friendly before Christmas. He has been capped for England Under 19s, and trained with the England keepers at St George’s. If he has half the success in his career that his dad enjoyed, then he’ll be a very good keeper.

“I must thank Middlesbrough and particularly Craig Liddle, who has been a great help in helping us sign him on loan.”

Aynsley will go straight into the squad for Saturday’s home game with Chorley.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

poppyfield

Re: Aynsley Pears new keeper

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Quick bit of work from TW great support from CL
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:43 pm

We're lucky to have connections with our larger neighbours, to help us in our hour of need. I saw the game against Boro under 23's but I don't think he was really tested by us. If memory serves me right, he was quite tall and thin.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:We're lucky to have connections with our larger neighbours, to help us in our hour of need. I saw the game against Boro under 23's but I don't think he was really tested by us. If memory serves me right, he was quite tall and thin.
Yea just watched the highlights to remind me of what he was about.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:02 pm

So as it stands with Wilczynski gone, we only have loan keepers?

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 pm

Yes, is that a problem?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:So as it stands with Wilczynski gone, we only have loan keepers?
Talbot is here until the end of the season isn’t he.If so I don’t see a problem.

Radar

Post by Radar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:23 pm

It's certainly not ideal having loan keepers in place. Good Luck to young Pears, hopefully it's a successful loan for both us and him. Irrelevant the fact he plays for Middlesbrough and has represented England at U19 level, this is actually a massive step up for him - Competitive men's football. In the case of young goalkeepers, this is where their real true test comes.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Looks like good business to me and good to see the links with our neighbours being strengthened.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Radar wrote:It's certainly not ideal having loan keepers in place. Good Luck to young Pears, hopefully it's a successful loan for both us and him. Irrelevant the fact he plays for Middlesbrough and has represented England at U19 level, this is actually a massive step up for him - Competitive men's football. In the case of young goalkeepers, this is where their real true test comes.
Decent keepers with no wages to pay.Pretty ideal to me :thumbup:

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Hopefully a young striker who might want to prove himself too would be nice? I'm not saying Saunders isn't the answer longer term but Styche and himself are all we have and it may be worth a punt. :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 pm

divas wrote:Yes, is that a problem?
No, I just couldn’t remember if we had other keepers on the books

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
divas wrote:Yes, is that a problem?
No, I just couldn’t remember if we had other keepers on the books

:thumbup:

Young Bancroft from the youth/reserve team

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:We're lucky to have connections with our larger neighbours, to help us in our hour of need. I saw the game against Boro under 23's but I don't think he was really tested by us. If memory serves me right, he was quite tall and thin.
Not pear shaped then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 pm

He’s had his loan extended until the end of the season. Great news!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:He’s had his loan extended until the end of the season. Great news!
That is good news, I presume Talbot has gone back to Sunderland?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Excellent

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Staying until the seasons end! Looks much better than Talbot to me, so good news all around

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:He’s had his loan extended until the end of the season. Great news!
That is good news, I presume Talbot has gone back to Sunderland?
No.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:17 am

Talbot has returned to Sunderland, interesting to note that his contract is up at the end of the season.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 am

Pears is a cracking signing, and will play at a much higher level than Conference North in his career.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:56 am

Yes Pears will go very far in the game.

I hope we've at least discussed the issue with Sunderland about the impact on Talbot though. I know it was self-inflicted as to why he wasn't playing, but good relations with the 3 big NE clubs could be very beneficial for us.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Talbot has gone back, and it's all been a bit unfortunate for him.

Am I allowed to say he's been a bit unlucky :o

I watched the highlights of the match in question and he was given a lot of rough treatment. Even the incident itself seemed to be manufactured by their antics.

So, he got sent off, we lost points, he got banned - then surprisingly another young keeper turns up and proves to be very good and Talbot loses his position and goes back to where he came from.

If he was keen to stay, then he's paid a heavy price for his fleeting mistake.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Probably not a great deal of difference but i thought Talbot was abit better. Maybe more chance of signing him at the end of the season also.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Talbot may well be given another chance by us at some time.

Pears, at present looks a very good prospect. He is very agile, quick, and seems unfazed by getting into the reality of a proper match situation - crowds, pressure, tough nut opponents etc...
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 pm

If he gets released at the end of the season, he could be another good prospect we could develop.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:32 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Talbot has gone back, and it's all been a bit unfortunate for him.

Am I allowed to say he's been a bit unlucky :o

I watched the highlights of the match in question and he was given a lot of rough treatment. Even the incident itself seemed to be manufactured by their antics.

So, he got sent off, we lost points, he got banned - then surprisingly another young keeper turns up and proves to be very good and Talbot loses his position and goes back to where he came from.

If he was keen to stay, then he's paid a heavy price for his fleeting mistake.
Something TW recently said in an interview about this situation. He said that's how football works and you have to do all you can to keep hold of the shirt.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Would he be inclined to go somewhere else, after being dropped for one rash decision? I guess it could depend on how he got on with TW and the rest of the team.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Would he be inclined to go somewhere else, after being dropped for one rash decision? I guess it could depend on how he got on with TW and the rest of the team.
Unfortunately that’s the brutality of being a goalkeeper, one mistake can cost you a place in the team. I’m sure he can’t blame TW for bringing in a replacement after his rash reaction cost him the suspension.